[3.16] Devon's Shocking! Lawnmower | Pure Phys Crit-Cyclone | All content viable

"
Paintherapy escribió:
I'd really appreciate it if someone experienced can someone tell me what's the best gem setup to use on a corrupted starforge with fortify implicit and no white sockets?

Kinda depends on the socket colors, but generally

Cyclone - Brutality - Impale - Infused Channeling - Melee Phys
Closing with Close Combat/Damage on Full Life/Pulverize in roughly that order and based on preference (if you choose Close Combat, you can still swap Pulverize with Melee Phys at your leisure).

You could also work in Conc Effect/Inc AoE if you wanted to bother with the switch.
Editado por útlima vez por Archimtiros en 22 jun. 2019 23:29:08
159/159 atlas done :D

Now just farming for Starforge. Up to 8ex in the bank so not far to go.

The question is, do I pay a bit extra for a good (700+dps) one or buy a cheaper and try with divines?
Editado por útlima vez por Shaddolf en 23 jun. 2019 7:27:24
"
Archimtiros escribió:
"
Paintherapy escribió:
I'd really appreciate it if someone experienced can someone tell me what's the best gem setup to use on a corrupted starforge with fortify implicit and no white sockets?

Closing with Close Combat/Damage on Full Life/Pulverize in roughly that order and based on preference (if you choose Close Combat, you can still swap Pulverize with Melee Phys at your leisure).

You could also work in Conc Effect/Inc AoE if you wanted to bother with the switch.

Right now its 4r 1b 1g, but I can change them in workbench, though it would get expensive, so I'm only gonna do it once..
I was thinking maybe increased crit would be good?
"
Shaddolf escribió:

The question is, do I pay a bit extra for a good (700+dps) one or buy a cheaper and try with divines?

Depends if you care about anything other than the main physical damage roll. 1 in 4 divines will have a 476-500% roll, also getting a 7/8% attack speed will need 8 on average, 16 if you also want a +95 or better life roll.

Also, it's price is up 125C since Friday; dunno if/how long that trend is going to continue; but it might be a good idea to buy one asap before the price spikes even higher if you can.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
Editado por útlima vez por Summoner en 23 jun. 2019 9:06:35
"
Summoner escribió:
"
Shaddolf escribió:

Depends if you care about anything other than the main physical damage roll. 1 in 4 divines will have a 476-500% roll, also getting a 7/8% attack speed will need 8 on average, 16 if you also want a +95 or better life roll.

Also, it's price is up 125C since Friday; dunno if/how long that trend is going to continue; but it might be a good idea to buy one asap before the price spikes even higher if you can.

Starforge has kinda become a noob-trap now.

You can get rare Swords with more DPS for 6-7ex now.

"
Schejian escribió:
"
Summoner escribió:
"
Shaddolf escribió:

Not really, or at least not in Legion SC. A cheap starforge is ~9.5ex now and will give ~620-650 pDPS; with the ones on the low end being relatively easy to divine to better rolls.

There are currently 3 rare swords with >600 pDPS at prices of 8-9 ex for 609-633 pDPS. That's slightly cheaper than a starforge for about the same DPS as a bad roll but without the room for significant divining upgrades.

A good but not crazy roll Starforge (~485% dps 7% attack speed) for 700 pDPS is about 11ex. For rare swords your options are 682 pDPS for 22ex or ~720 for 40/45 ex.

And all of that is ignoring 2 additional factors that mostly come out in Starforge's favor. The shock bonus which gives an extra ~33% damage vs shaper/guardian bosses. And that starforge is only 5% base crit; which means it gets a much bigger crit bonus from Overwhelm than almost all of the high pDPS rares: 4 of the 22 currently listed have 5% crit, 5 have 6-7%; the remainder have >7%. If you're going for an overleach build then high pDPS rare might be competitive with a starforge; although even there I'm not sure if the higher crit would be able to make up for the lack of shock.

The real noob trap is playing a mostly phys based build and thinking pDPS and eDPS are equal. Even if you swap out brutality for pulverize (and thus get to deal elemental damage) the amount of damage it gives is a pittance compared to your physical damage.

I'm currently using a sword which has nominal lightning damage that's 40% of its physical damage (on a 5L it was within 5% of doomsower for a lot less at league start); but only delivers ~7% of my total damage. (Having got a 6L belly and a -7 mana ring yesterday, it's at the top of my upgrade queue now.)

hideout tooltip damage (no flasks):

Spoiler

Edit: I'm not saying you couldn't make an elemental cyclone build (not sure you can, but I suspect it could work); but this build isn't it.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
Editado por útlima vez por Summoner en 23 jun. 2019 14:24:58
"
There are currently 3 rare swords with >600 pDPS at prices of 8-9 ex for 609-633 pDPS

You did a very common mistake by just looking at the pure pDPS.

Rare Swords have some often overlooked juicy advantages:
Equisite Blade build in +60% Crit Multi. ( We are starving for CritMulti)
And 20% Chance to deal double damage (a +20% more modifier)

An Equisite Blade with 530pDPS and 20%double Damage outperforms a 700dps Starforge. Put the numbers on PoB to confirm it for your build.
Quite suprising.

"
The shock bonus which gives an extra ~33% damage vs shaper/guardian bosses

We won't really shock Shaper/Bosses with Cyclone. We hit often, but not very hard and we won't afflict Big Shocks.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock

The only time then we afflict big Shocks (10% of life) is if the mob is dieing <1sec later anway.

You won't exceed a 1-5% increased damage taken shock against Shaper/Guardians.

For example here's the stats with a 5ex Weapon i bought (ignore the 20%extra cold, if you will. That was pure coincidence) :

No Flask Hideout:

And DPS compare with a 700pDPS Starforge (17% less DPS):

Starforge is, of course, still a great Weapon, and the +Life is great.

But my point was, you can get Higher-Physical-DPS Swords for half the prize and invest the saved currency on other gear.

Editado por útlima vez por Schejian en 23 jun. 2019 15:15:55
"
Paintherapy escribió:
"
Archimtiros escribió:
"
Paintherapy escribió:

Right now its 4r 1b 1g, but I can change them in workbench, though it would get expensive, so I'm only gonna do it once..
I was thinking maybe increased crit would be good?

It's really not, Infused Channeling is far better.
"
Schejian escribió:

"
Schejian escribió:

But my point was, you can get Higher-Physical-DPS Swords for half the prize and invest the saved currency on other gear.

This is extremely disingenuous, or at least reductive, especially with your given example.

You ignore some important factors:

1. Starforge is predictable. From an economic standpoint this means you know what you're getting and what you're giving to get it. A truly top tier crafted +Fortify sword will (on average) cost at least as much as Starforge. Along with that, Starforge is arguably easier to farm for yourself, for SSF and similar players. Technically you also have the (unlikely) option of corrupting Fortify onto Starforge or (more likely) using a +Maim chest, which will help bridge the gap between them.

2. Starforge has extra life and area, both of which are very important to the build.

3. Starforge can shock, and despite Cyclone dealing fast and relatively low damage hits, thanks to the shock changes awhile back, it can and will reliably shock even bosses, more so than the 1-5% you imply, due to building up with subsequent hits. You may not weight it at the value of a full shock bonus, but it shouldn't be ignored outright.

I agree in that Starforge isn't the end all be all best weapon in the game anymore, and crafting has become increasingly more accessible in recent patches, but to call the weapon a noob trap because you got a slightly stronger weapon which lacks the bonuses of Starforge and has wasted mods for cheaper is again very disingenuous.
Editado por útlima vez por Archimtiros en 23 jun. 2019 15:55:52
"
Starforge can shock, and despite Cyclone dealing fast and relatively low damage hits, thanks to the shock changes awhile back, it can and will reliably shock even bosses, which will build up with subsequent hits.

Shocks don't get added together. Only the Highest SingleHit in the last 2seconds gets used to calculate the Shock%. This is why Shock sucks with Cyclone. Our Hits don't do enough damage to add a meaningfull shock effect to Bosses.

"
but to call the weapon a noob trap because you got a slightly stronger weapon which lacks the bonuses of Starforge and has wasted mods for cheaper is again very disingenuous.

I called it a noob-trap because, right now, everyone is playing Cyclone, and almost every guide is calling for Starforge.
Making the Prize HEAVILY inflated, well above it's merit.

My weapon ain't anything special, everyone can get something similar for 5-6EX without problems.

Ofc you'll be missing out on 95 Life and a bit of AoE, no questions.

But i'd assume most people following this thread should not be spending an extra 5EX to get:

-15% less DPS
+250 Life
+20% AoE
Editado por útlima vez por Schejian en 23 jun. 2019 16:04:55

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional