[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
ihasaKAROT escribió:
With the buff to arc, would that be a good option to replace ball lightning with?

The ball can be quite inconsistent Ive noticed, not sure if and how arc would work here.

Ball Lightning is very consistent. Make sure you don't level CWDT (or BL itself past lv 4). BL has been buffed in 3.3, it works faster and reaches further.

Arc wouldn't be anywhere near as good. It hits a limited number of targets, once. BL hits everything around it, 6 times per second.

You will fully appreciate Ball Lightning when you get your Watcher's Eye :)
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 6 jun. 2018 12:48:08
"
Graiaule escribió:
Anyone have the bandwidth and funds to try the Incinerate/Combustion alternative?

I'm finally getting around to try new things (missed most of the weekend).

Combustion is IN. Add it to the Orb of Storms link and make sure to have EF in the staff (it should be already in the boss one, but for clearing trash with SC use EF instead of CE).

(I don't have a 5L chest yet, so Blind is applied by Orb for now)

Here's how it works: Orb crits a lot. Its damage doesn't matter, it just crits, therefore it puts a tiny 4 sec ignite on the nearby enemies around it. And that tiny ignite debuffs their fire resistance.

After that, all you need is to make sure that Icestorm does NOT ignite, otherwise it would apply a larger Combustion-less ignite and overwrite the tiny one from Orb. That's why EF must be used in the staff.

So, this way you can keep using the bigger DPS gem for Icestorm while taking advantage of Combustion too.

In the final setup, I'm going to drop FA support from VS to make room for the Combustion gem.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 6 jun. 2018 12:30:58
Where would you squeeze in magic find in this build? Maybe a couple pariahs with white sockets? Somewhere else?
Also is there any way to get orb of storms to auto trigger? Stopping to cast it feels awkward. Also it’s not Crittng much for me but that could be my low lvl 56
Where would you squeeze in magic find in this build? Maybe a couple pariahs with white sockets? Somewhere else?
Also is there any way to get orb of storms to auto trigger? Stopping to cast it feels awkward. Also it’s not Crittng much for me but that could be my low lvl 56
"
rozakk escribió:

WTF?
Forget about magic find, there is no way this build can turned into one.
For starters, it's defensive build, so any try to put any decent magic find gear will reduce our tankiness, and for tank-build it's a death sentence.
Not even mention that we need int on every piece of equipment, so we can't use andvarius/bisco/etc.

If you want magic find character - pick different build.
"
rozakk escribió:

You can use Item Rarity instead of one of the DPS gems in the staff. But that's about it for MF. This is not an MF build. I used to clear trash with Item Rarity, but then Spell Cascade was added to the game, and I don't want to even bother with MF. Clear speed will get you more loot faster.

Orb crits often, but you are probably using a low level one. It gets extra chains with levels (adding the final one at lv 17).
How about the new corrupt implicit mod on belt that gives upp to +6% int? Will u try to get 1 of those in Cyclopean Coil?

Also that mod is aviable in rings too, so +12% int corrupt lol.
"
svarions23 escribió:
How about the new corrupt implicit mod on belt that gives upp to +6% int? Will u try to get 1 of those in Cyclopean Coil?

Also that mod is aviable in rings too, so +12% int corrupt lol.

Of course, it would be great. But it's a lottery. You either get lucky, or you don't. I suppose some of that may be up for sale one day, but it's too random.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
Graiaule escribió:
Anyone have the bandwidth and funds to try the Incinerate/Combustion alternative?

I'm finally getting around to try new things (missed most of the weekend).

Combustion is IN. Add it to the Orb of Storms link and make sure to have EF in the staff (it should be already in the boss one, but for clearing trash with SC use EF instead of CE).

(I don't have a 5L chest yet, so Blind is applied by Orb for now)

Here's how it works: Orb crits a lot. Its damage doesn't matter, it just crits, therefore it puts a tiny 4 sec ignite on the nearby enemies around it. And that tiny ignite debuffs their fire resistance.

After that, all you need is to make sure that Icestorm does NOT ignite, otherwise it would apply a larger Combustion-less ignite and overwrite the tiny one from Orb. That's why EF must be used in the staff.

So, this way you can keep using the bigger DPS gem for Icestorm while taking advantage of Combustion too.

In the final setup, I'm going to drop FA support from VS to make room for the Combustion gem.

we should 6l our chest now, lol

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional