[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

BV and Arctic Breath are not Channelled skills.

Icestorm procs automatically every 0.34 sec while you hold the key, regardless of what Winter Orb does.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
BV and Arctic Breath are not Channelled skills.

Icestorm procs automatically every 0.34 sec while you hold the key, regardless of what Winter Orb does.

Any news about the gemlvl?
"
April_Spades escribió:
So I played around with a cold version of this build in PoB this morning, and this is what I've found so far.

Occultist does around 15-20% less damage than Scion Elequisitor, but gets complete stun, freeze, and chill immunity instead. This allows us to swap the Brine King pantheon to Arakaali for an easy 50% increased ES recovery rate. (activated with CWDT Blood Rage and Immortal Call, of course) On top of that, we get 250 base ES, which ends up adding 1000-1900 total, depending on how much int you can stack. The only defense we lose is reflect immunity, but that just means we have to reroll a few maps.

TLDR: Scion has higher damage potential, Occultist has much stronger defense and recovery. (as if this build wasn't tanky enough already)

My preliminary calculations in PoB indicate the same: Occultist will do 20% less damage than Ascendant and won't be immune to reflect, but she will be tanky AF!

Elementalist is very close to Ascendant, but still slightly behind in damage and seriously behind in ES. Still no point.

New interesting things:

Arakaali + CWDT + Blood Rage + IC = 60% leech cap (72% with 2-mod Eye)
Malachai's Artifice + Storm Brand = constant EO and EE

Well, this looks so interesting that I'm leaning towards Occ in 3.5, if only for the sake of trying something new.

The existing fire version of Ascendant will be just as good as before. I think Orb of Storms can be replaced with Storm Brand - it's pretty much a mobile Orb of Storms that follows you and sticks to enemies. And the new Malachai's Artifice may be worth a ring slot.

Cold Ascendant with Winter Orb is easy enough too. It's only a matter of changing several tree nodes and skill gems.

"
FreedomOI escribió:
Any news about the gemlvl?

Nope. They only showed the 20/20 gem, so we don't even know what the quality does on it (Inc cast speed probably, useless).
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 6 dic. 2018 2:24:17
"
Kelvynn escribió:

I wanted to ask about just that - don't we need to target the channeled skill at something to proc more Icestorms in that area?

I've always thought that more Icestorm shards fall where my Scorching Ray "hits" a mob / group, is that not the case? If not, my whole perception of Icestorm so far has been wrong :D
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:

I wanted to ask about just that - don't we need to target the channeled skill at something to proc more Icestorms in that area?

I've always thought that more Icestorm shards fall where my Scorching Ray "hits" a mob / group, is that not the case? If not, my whole perception of Icestorm so far has been wrong :D

Icestorm is cast where your cursor is.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
Jadran escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:

Icestorm is cast where your cursor is.

Oh. My. God. I feel like such a noob. Thanks for clarifying :)

Anyway, for the Occ version, that one goes with the cold version, not the fire one, because of Void Beacon, right?
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran escribió:
Anyway, for the Occ version, that one goes with the cold version, not the fire one, because of Void Beacon, right?

Yes. Technically, Occ can convert to fire the same way as the fire Ascendant does and use the same skills. But that would lose some more damage, as well as safety.
Oh im sooo hoping occultist will be viable for this build. Feels a bit.. Off, to do fire dmg with ice storm.
"
Kelvynn escribió:

Arakaali + CWDT + Blood Rage + IC = 60% leech cap (72% with 2-mod Eye)
Malachai's Artifice + Storm Brand = constant EO and EE

Well, this looks so interesting that I'm leaning towards Occ in 3.5, if only for the sake of trying something new.

Should even help bridge the damage gap with Ascendant with the frenzy charges you'd be getting.
Editado por útlima vez por Ragnaroz88 en 6 dic. 2018 2:45:15
"
Ragnaroz88 escribió:
Should even help bridge the damage gap with Ascendant with the frenzy charges you'd be getting.

Only for trash clearing and bosses with multiple adds. DPS for trash is already more than enough. I've been running all numbers vs uber bosses.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional