[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

Which variant would be better for league start? No watcher's Eye, cyclopean coil early, etc
"
Med1umentor escribió:
No no, i never intended to use frost bomb as actual attack skill. If i'm not mistaken - bonechill support make "enemies chilled by supported skill take increased damage", so i think it's normal for it to be linked with support skill, isn't it?

That's a good question. I don't know. Going to ask this in the Game Mechanics forum.

"
Tecken1407 escribió:
Did you tried with winter orb also instead of scorching ray?

It's not in PoB yet :(
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 5 dic. 2018 17:29:21
"
NarberalGamma escribió:
Which variant would be better for league start? No watcher's Eye, cyclopean coil early, etc

I strongly suspect that Winter Orb will be the best way for leveling in either case, even if you switch to fire damage later.

As for Scion or Witch (and which class if Witch) - the jury is still out. We have 2 days to play with numbers and decide.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
NarberalGamma escribió:

I strongly suspect that Winter Orb will be the best way for leveling in either case, even if you switch to fire damage later.

As for Scion or Witch (and which class if Witch) - the jury is still out. We have 2 days to play with numbers and decide.

If Winter Orb Occultist turns out to be the weaker option, could you maybe still post the build you've come up with and your thoughts on it?

PS. Thanks for all your build guides over the years.
Gems are out, including Winter Orb.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2255835
Editado por útlima vez por Lirhtim en 5 dic. 2018 18:20:45
"
Gems are out, including Winter Orb.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2255835

Duration, AoE... that's very nice. We have extra duration, meaning that it will lose stages slower while moving. And AoE means that it can be supported by CE for 5L in the staff.

4 mana cost at lv 20. Nice!

6% base crit chance! That means EO will proc often enough without Orb of Storms.

I assume it will be in PoB by tomorrow for our number crunching pleasure.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 5 dic. 2018 18:31:13
curious about this. lotta ice buffs to play with. so would winter orb replace scorching ray in this setup? and then drop cold to fire gem and aof and go another route?
Quick-math for anyone who wants it:
(258+322)/2 = 290 average Cold Damage per-hit.
Fires projectiles every 0.32 seconds (same calculation as one would do with Blade Vortex to determine hit rate).
Base DPS (doesn't scale with Cast Speed) of 906.25 Cold damage at Gem level 20.
Doesnt that make it more like BV and less good for proccing ice? IE are you counted as channeling as long as BV has stacks as an example, versus with Scorching Ray you are channeling as long as the button is held down. If you are only channeling while refreshing stacks of BV then Winters Orb would be the same?
Editado por útlima vez por Jaynen00 en 5 dic. 2018 19:44:25
I'm thinking Arctic Breath might be the better option than Winter's Orb here. I want to like Winter's Orb, but it's really a 'channel and forget' like BV versus a 'constant channel for damage.'

Winter's Orb might be a good addition to increase our clear speed, though?
Editado por útlima vez por Milkshakes00 en 5 dic. 2018 22:46:03

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional