[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
gladiatorpie escribió:
"
Ivan_Sorenson escribió:

With three curses and cursing hexproof enemies you could also drop LL for a dps gem and run a warlords mark blasphemy or curse on hit setup.

Warlords + Discipline + AA should leave enough mana for lvl 1 SR.

Im gonna try the idea for this build in 3.5 with frozen orb and I really want to do it with occultist.

Thinking about pure ice Occultist as well. Have you mapped out a tree yet?
"
nyderic escribió:
"
gladiatorpie escribió:
"
Ivan_Sorenson escribió:

With three curses and cursing hexproof enemies you could also drop LL for a dps gem and run a warlords mark blasphemy or curse on hit setup.

Warlords + Discipline + AA should leave enough mana for lvl 1 SR.

Im gonna try the idea for this build in 3.5 with frozen orb and I really want to do it with occultist.

Thinking about pure ice Occultist as well. Have you mapped out a tree yet?

If we use Spiritual Aid, what about something like that:
passive tree

/e :
passive tree with potency of will
Editado por útlima vez por AsbelFar en 18 nov. 2018 13:54:59
"
AsbelFar escribió:

passive tree

Are you considering using atziri's acuity, or just not using VP entirely?
"
Med1umentor escribió:
"
AsbelFar escribió:

passive tree

Could be good if you're able to max your resists without rare gloves. You get more int than rare gloves and lose ES, but occultist nodes provide a good ES boost.

I was thinking Spiritual Aid is very close to ZO, but we only have 1% life regen (and could get another 1% with Shaper node near EE), it seems really weak.

Anyway I'm not sure it's an issue with ES/hit provided by watcher's eye and Vaal discipline for emergency

/e : I just noticed I forgot to take Potency of will
Editado por útlima vez por AsbelFar en 18 nov. 2018 12:38:39
"
AsbelFar escribió:
"
Med1umentor escribió:
"
AsbelFar escribió:

passive tree

Could be good if you're able to max your resists without rare gloves. You get more int than rare gloves and lose ES, but occultist nodes provide a good ES boost.

I was thinking Spiritual Aid is very close to ZO, but we only have 1% life regen (and could get another 1% with Shaper node near EE), it seems really weak.

Anyway I'm not sure it's an issue with ES/hit provided by watcher's eye and Vaal discipline for emergency

/e : I just noticed I forgot to take Potency of will

It's just i don't really see prospects of leech build without VP. Unless we can have 20% regen together with it, i guess. But i highly doubt such a thing will be possible without great sacrifices.
If we are talking about watcher's eye, sure. Let alone VP, you don't even need actual leech in mapping. But your can't outleech bosses without VP and that's concerning.
With an Occultist build, i was thinking about maybe skipping leech completely and instead investing into faster ESrecharge + faster start of ES recharge.
For mapping the leech shouldn't matter too much anyway, since Occultist regen will easily keep you at 100% ES.
For bosses you'd have to not take damage for ~1.73 seconds before ES recharge kicks in and then it can't be stopped due to Occultist passive. Unfortunately we can't really lower that time any further, because all the unique items that have that stat don't fit into our build. The only other option would be jewels, but another 6% here or there won't make much of a difference.
With an Occultist variant, is there any merit to considering going back to a mostly-Unique-Perandus-Signet setup?

I think the biggest issue with it is the Resists, I know originally I used a lot of Auras to cap out resists but with all the good stuff you can get these days it's not really viable without losing too much useful gems.
Occultist with WI would lack damage and tankiness. Without VP you won't be able to facetank the top stuff. So then you'll have to dodge. And that's a different play style and a different build.

Fire conversion has been the staple for a very long time. My build was initially developed as an improved version of one of the early WI builds, but the fire conversion was already used then. Cold was not good because a lot of bosses were immune to chill, and ele reflect was a real thing. Dealing with reflected fire damage was a whole lot easier because of AA. And then SR and CwC were introduced.

The situation has been changing slowly since then. First they got rid of ele reflect. Then of boss immunities. Then they revamped the elemental Heart of X clusters. By the Incursion/Delve times, cold was already almost on par with fire. It just lacked a good channelled skill. And that's what Winter Orb should be, hopefully.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 19 nov. 2018 0:28:44
Forgot to add: the main problem with SR is that it does not hit, i.e. it cannot leech, gain ES on hit, or crit and trigger EO. That's why I'm so excited about Winter Orb.

Not to mention that GGG doesn't create new skills that do nothing but damage anymore. All new skills do something else useful within the general theme of the skill. And the theme of Winter Orb is 'hit enemies with cold' - exactly what the cold version of this build would do.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 19 nov. 2018 2:05:57
"
Kelvynn escribió:
Forgot to add: the main problem with SR is that it does not hit, i.e. it cannot leech, gain ES on hit, or crit and trigger EO. That's why I'm so excited about Winter Orb.

Not to mention that GGG doesn't create new skills that do nothing but damage anymore. All new skills do something else useful within the general theme of the skill. And the theme of Winter Orb is 'hit enemies with cold' - exactly what the cold version of this build would do.

One of the other main advantages of SR is that you don't need it to do any damage. All it needs to do is trigger Icestorm with CwC and apply the resist debuff, which it can do at level 1 with no other supports. This lets us reserve almost all of our mana and invest nothing into mana sustain. Using a skill that actually does damage might require some additional mana regen or mana leech. I'm thinking either ditching the Herald and using Clarity, or perhaps a second curse with Warlord's Mark (which would have the side benefit of endurance charges for extra tankiness).

Edit: Also, Shaped rings can roll +(2–3) Mana gained for each Enemy Hit by your Spells as a Prefix. Given how often the build hits, that may be enough. A Jugg MS build can get by easily with 2-4 mana gained on hit, as a comparison.
Editado por útlima vez por Bananaderson en 19 nov. 2018 12:37:21

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional