[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
ichbinwerichbi escribió:
is there a trick to get the delve encounters. I found only 3 of them and NO fossil in my delve. and a lot of the encounters are fossil based.

Go horizontal at depth 100. It costs 100 sulphite per 1 square and you can find those things for that challenge there. 1 use of Quicksilver + Quartz flasks lets you simply run to the next location without fighting anything along the way.

Most likely you'll find the warbands camps before the fossil ones, but it's not hard to finish that challenge in general.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 14 nov. 2018 16:07:26
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
lilianmarius escribió:

Wait... Is it actually a Channelling skill? Hard to say from that video. If it's channelling then it could be the skill we've been waiting for. Pure cold damage, Herald of Ice explosions for clearspeed and a use for more that 2L in the staff.

Sounds exciting! But I want to see the actual numbers on it.

Yepp, it's channeling. Numbers, well we will see.
"
https://web.poecdn.com/image/betrayal/Panel10/Screenshot6.jpg

Looks like Kelvynn's going to need to add a crafting/alternate gear section to the guide!
"
Graiaule escribió:
Looks like Kelvynn's going to need to add a crafting/alternate gear section to the guide!

I was waiting to see if Delve gets added to the core game. Still not sure how available it will be, or Incursion corruption for that matter. We probably won't need to care about the deep Delves anymore.

And now we don't know what the regular crafting will be like. For example, +1 curse will be craftable. But what are the item type limits, prefix/suffix, etc?

The build should be working with the 'default' guide, at least. And then we'll see about changes.
Possible cold channel, Bestiary Crafting, Double Corruption...

It's looking like the ceiling for this build is gonna be pretty bonkers next patch. Looking forward to it~
I'm sorry if I am missing something here... but where are we actually getting the damage leech here? I see we take Vaal Pact and Ghost Reaver... but what actually GIVES us the leech?...
"
sum_ignis escribió:
I'm sorry if I am missing something here... but where are we actually getting the damage leech here? I see we take Vaal Pact and Ghost Reaver... but what actually GIVES us the leech?...

We have a Life Leech Gem socketed, though some people elect to get the "Leech X with Vitality" mod on a Watchers Eye, so they can change that out for another DPS gem.
"
Zephryl escribió:
"
sum_ignis escribió:

We have a Life Leech Gem socketed, though some people elect to get the "Leech X with Vitality" mod on a Watchers Eye, so they can change that out for another DPS gem.

why is it that I can only find "physical damage leeched as life"?? Is there a specific fire damage leech mod or something I'm missing? Sorry for all the questions but I am so lost.

Edit: nvm i'm an idiot.
Editado por útlima vez por sum_ignis en 15 nov. 2018 21:52:21
Thinking a bit about the pros and cons of going full cold with Winter Orb, assuming that it's actually viable skill.

Cons:
- Level 1 Scorching Ray uses almost no mana, since we're just using it to reduce fire resistance and enable CWC. If we actually want Winter Orb to do some damage, it may require more links and therefore more mana. The existing build doesn't automatically include any mana leech, so the boot enchant may be required, though it's not too tough to farm from Cruel or Merciless lab. And while that covers mapping, it doesn't help for most bosses. Maybe Warlords Mark or Clarity will be necessary? It's also possible to just leave the skill at Level 1 like with Scorching Ray, but that seems to defeat the point.
- Izaro's Turmoil no longer works as a cheap big damage jewel, and the Snowforged notable is only half as effective.
- Herald of Ash is gone as a more multiplier. Perhaps this could be replaced with Herald of Ice, but we don't really need the flat damage. Maybe Clarity in its place as above?
- Combustion Support and it's excellent -19% Fire Res is gone as well.

Pros:
- We can replace Cold to Fire with Cold Pen in the staff and get 37% cold pen, which is about as good (arguably better) than 8 stacks of Scorching Ray and Combustion Support combined (-43% Fire Res)
- We can run Frost Bomb instead of Orb of Storms/Combustion for -25% cold res.
- Since we no longer need Avatar of Fire, we can run Atziri's Promise for some extra damage and leech.
- Tree Pathing needs to change a bit to get Heart of Ice instead of Heart of Flame, but I think we might actually save a point. At worst, it's neutral.
- Switching to cold damage potentially means we can freeze/chill for added safety, though that might mean sacrificing some damage by switching out Ele Focus for Hypothermia.

Overall resistance penetration:
- 25% from Frost Bomb
- 37% from Cold Pen
- 6% from Heart of Ice
- 10% from Elementalist
- 6% from Inquisitor
Total -84%, which is bananas. That's 54% more damage against map bosses and 44% more against Shaper, without having to rely on Ele Weakness/Frostbite curses.

Just wanted to get some ideas out there for the possibility of a fully cold Whispering Ice build!
And u can go pure Occultist WI Build with full cold. More ES, Hexploding, extra curse etc.

Con:
- 16% res
ele reflect immunity
consec ground
2nd Golem
40% inc Herald

pro:
2nd Curse
stun immun
no longer need of vaal pact
250 flat es, + 32% increased es
Malediction
extra chaos dmg for 4 sec after kill

In my Mind, it's a good option for SSF without dex changing jewels :)

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional