[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Zephryl escribió:
An all Unique Shavronne build was what I used way back in the day. Low Life, Crit, like 8 different auras...

It was pretty good, but not nearly as good as this new version. But then there's also been a lot of power creep since then too.

It's certainly viable, it's just inferior in many ways (One of which being cost, since Best in slot items are things like Skyforth and Acuity)

Skyforth is dirtcheap now, though.
"
Med1umentor escribió:

May not be near what they were, but, 2.7ex still isn't exactly "Dirt Cheap", especially with all the other stuff you still need.
"
Zephryl escribió:
"
Med1umentor escribió:

May not be near what they were, but, 2.7ex still isn't exactly "Dirt Cheap", especially with all the other stuff you still need.

Well, ofcourse i'm talking about difference with the times before the pantheon release.

I said that because it's not exactly "dirtcheap", but not a price, when you can say that "build is expensive mostly because of those items"

P.S. Also, can anyone tell me why "Rigwald's Quills" is so expensive. In what build it used?
It's nice that it provide free "fork", but i don't see its price as 9exa in normal circumstances. Did i miss something?
"
lilianmarius escribió:
Investing as much as possible in Damage isn't anymore the way to go in this league if you want to go deep inside the mines. You need as many defensive layers as possible to survive the insane output of damage some mobs from the mines are doing.

I was going to post that observation too. Looks like we've reached the point where the damage is already enough for everything, and more damage is not as useful as more ES. Everything everywhere dies reasonably fast, but some of it manages to hit you before dying. And at 500+ depths with nasty mods that can really hurt.

When I got really deep into the mines, my wonderful DPS (but low ES) helmet

started letting me down. That extra 600 ES from the less wonderful but high ES one

started to make a visible difference.

I started using Purity instead of HoA at those depths all the time too. My setup became:
- Purity of Fire
- Topaz flask
- Sapphire flask
- Basalt flask

My fingers are not fast enough to keep more than 3 flasks up reliably, so this is the best way for me to add an extra layer of defense against all types of damage. And there is damage of all types in the delve.

This is really a new type of experience. For years there hasn't been anything like this in PoE where you would want to trade DPS for ES. Uber Elder was the only enemy where that could be somewhat useful, although making that fight shorter with higher DPS is still good.

It's still a niche though. Delving deeper than 300 gets too expensive on Sulphite and brings diminishing returns on the loot. Other than the 40/40 thing, I would not recommend anybody going past 300.

"
lilianmarius escribió:
Trust me , if you go for 600 depth challenge or even deeper (even if i don't see the reason to past 600 depth with this build) Vigilant Strike + The Vigil jewel will be one of your best combo friends. Add Ancestral Call to that setup if you have free socket to make your life even easier.

Absolutely! The Vigil + VS + AC is a must if you want to go deep. I would not trade that for anything.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 28 sept. 2018 11:53:50
"
lilianmarius escribió:
"
NoImagination escribió:
Perhaps temporal chains is better than enfeeble? Also, I imagine 0% movespeed on boots is good, because the cart moves in proportion to your movespeed.

Not sure about it, the longer you stay still, the more you get the chance to get one shored. You also need to move fast sometimes and pass packs of very dangerous mobs. And getting boots with 0% speed will make you feel sad when playing normal maps

This.

Before 300 you don't want to crawl and kill everything slowly. You can run through quickly to get to that next city. I was using Quicksilvers all the way until about 400. And then, when it gets rippy, you definitely don't want to go slow and deal with every rare Turong. Fuck those guys! They are absolutely not worth the effort and risk. I see a rare Turong - I Flame Dash x4.

Also, since you need to combine delving with mapping all the time to get the Sulphite, using 0 ms boots would be really awkward. Mapping with 0 ms would suck, and getting 2 pairs with similar resists and switching between them would be too much work.
"
lilianmarius escribió:

I had to remove Ancestral Call from my setup to make a free spot for Enlighten lv 4 (i am running Vitality (for the Watcher's Eye leech) + Discipline + AA + HoA) and i still think that this gimped a lot my survivability skills

How about your flasks ? They gimp your survivability a TON!
3 quick and 2 sulphur ? Come on man. You have a effective Life of Nothing!
Just replace 2 quicksilver with Basalt and granite to simply go from inneffective Life to 48% physical damage reduction BEFORE Artic Armor and BEFORE Vigilant strike. Someone with 2 proper flasks would need to have about 4-5k ES to compare your performance. No wonder you die. Get Them Useful Flask! :)

You just cant say 'I cut my effective Life in to 1/4' and complain about death. It just doesnt work that way. Yes, 1/4! Because Vigilant Strike AND Artic Armor work like 'more' tag!
"
petitcrabe1 escribió:
You just cant say 'I cut my effective Life in to 1/4' and complain about death. It just doesnt work that way. Yes, 1/4! Because Vigilant Strike AND Artic Armor work like 'more' tag!

He's already got to 600. Though I don't really like the flask setup in T16 either, I literally never run out of sulphur charges, and fairly rarely run out of quicksilver with 1 of each.
Editado por útlima vez por NoImagination en 29 sept. 2018 9:37:38
"
petitcrabe1 escribió:
"
lilianmarius escribió:

I had to remove Ancestral Call from my setup to make a free spot for Enlighten lv 4 (i am running Vitality (for the Watcher's Eye leech) + Discipline + AA + HoA) and i still think that this gimped a lot my survivability skills

How about your flasks ? They gimp your survivability a TON!
3 quick and 2 sulphur ? Come on man. You have a effective Life of Nothing!
Just replace 2 quicksilver with Basalt and granite to simply go from inneffective Life to 48% physical damage reduction BEFORE Artic Armor and BEFORE Vigilant strike. Someone with 2 proper flasks would need to have about 4-5k ES to compare your performance. No wonder you die. Get Them Useful Flask! :)

LOL at my flask setup! What you posted there is a snapshot of flask setup for lab runs which I currently doing. In the mines my flask setup is: Granite + Basalt + Quicksilver + Sulphur + Wise Oak. This setup I find is the proper one for survivability keeping in mind that my resistances are all equal.

And yes i managed to get to 600 depth last night and what a ride it was. Damage of some areas and the density of mobs are just pure absurd, anyone will convince himself when will get there. :)

Just one example of area mods i met during my ride to 600 depth :

P.S. Farm Uber Lab today if you need enchants , best layout from this league till now , Izaro is easy and in main path you get 4 shrines and 3 chests.
Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 29 sept. 2018 15:45:29
Finally got the Elder Orb! Is there a particular map that you all prefer to run as T16 that works well for Whispering Ice?
I don't think it matters much. UGS/Haunted Mansion/Burial Chambers are probably your best bet. I'm still waiting to get Zana 8, I'd love to switch between them a bit more than I am currently able.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional