[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

Well, thanks to Zana I got to fight my first Guardian of this league.

Unfortunately it's super demotivating to be reminded that no matter how good a build is, if you suck at the game you suck at the game.

Can definitely death my way through it, the mission was a single portal one, but not being able to no-death it is just incredibly disheartening.
I know you're going to know most of this, but it seems a good place to summarise what I've learnt about the guardians. Tech for each one. You want life leech in your staff, and probably no cascade. There are videos on page 1.

Phoenix needs purity of fire and fire flask. Run up to Phoenix to activate him, then run into a corner. Cast on the ground between you. When he comes to you, hit him with your staff for fortify. When he does his big explodey thing, use the flask. Facetank.

Hydra needs purity of ice and cold flask. Run up to Hydra, hit him in the face for fortify, and cast. Whenever he casts something, move two cm up or down out of the way, and go back to casting. If he catches you with something, cold flask. When you have enough ES/DPS you can just facetank without having to dodge anything at all.

Minotaur is easiest, at least when you're ~8k+ ES and overhead slam doesn't one shot you. Run up to him, hit him in the face for fortify, facetank. The only dangerous move is when he tunnels - I believe he arrives at where you stood as he started the tunnel. When he's dropping stuff on your head and is about to hit you, pop one of your 3 phys mitigation flasks. Ration them for the duration of the fight.

Chimera is hardest. Do the normal: run up, hit him for fortify, facetank. When he goes into recovery, cast into the corners to hit the adds as they come out. The reason Chimera is hard is when he hides in clouds and does damage that you can't avoid or leech from. This is what Vaal Discipline is for, and if need be you can portal out: when you return, ice has gone from the ground and you can see which clouds you haven't checked yet.

All of that said, at 14k ES & 37k per hit, I can still die to Minotaur on triple damage mods if I am lazy. I just don't run -max resists T16 if there's another damage mod and I intend to level.
Editado por útlima vez por NoImagination en 2 oct. 2018 10:38:19
This build is my first taste of PoE and I'm enjoying it a lot. I've cleared a T12 Elder and making my way to guardians. Bosses just seem to melt.

Sadly there are two things I'm really struggling with: Vorici missions and Uber lab traps. Vorici is just an annoyance (which I guess I need to pick up a different attack skill for), but the traps in the Uber lab are a real pain and are stopping me from completing the ascendancy.

I think movement speed might be an issue for the traps (I only have 16% on gear), but that can't be all, surely. Today's lab has a very long stretch of spikes and whirly things with nowhere to stop and regen - just seems impossible without the ability to use flasks.

I have 9.1k ES (seems irrelevant for traps - guess they're %-based) and am using Vaal Discipline to get a little shield regen when I need it. Any other suggestions for me?
"
QuackSage escribió:
This build is my first taste of PoE and I'm enjoying it a lot. I've cleared a T12 Elder and making my way to guardians. Bosses just seem to melt.

Sadly there are two things I'm really struggling with: Vorici missions and Uber lab traps. Vorici is just an annoyance (which I guess I need to pick up a different attack skill for), but the traps in the Uber lab are a real pain and are stopping me from completing the ascendancy.

I think movement speed might be an issue for the traps (I only have 16% on gear), but that can't be all, surely. Today's lab has a very long stretch of spikes and whirly things with nowhere to stop and regen - just seems impossible without the ability to use flasks.

I have 9.1k ES (seems irrelevant for traps - guess they're %-based) and am using Vaal Discipline to get a little shield regen when I need it. Any other suggestions for me?

Those two, plus levelling, plus clearspeed, are the main problems with this build. You've already solved levelling. For Uber Lab, I just suggest another build. Doing 500 chests with this is very unpleasant. Levelling Labs, getting enchants - meh, it's fine for that, you'll get there. Be as patient as you can with the traps.

For Vorici, I flame dash through them for low life and guards first. For chest, I just abandon immediately. For 1 guard lives, it's probably abandon too. It's not a big deal, you'll just end up with all other masters at 8 before you get close with Vorici. That is not a bad limitation for the build.

Also, welcome to POE!
Editado por útlima vez por NoImagination en 2 oct. 2018 17:18:18
"
NoImagination escribió:
I know you're going to know most of this, but it seems a good place to summarise what I've learnt about the guardians. Tech for each one. You want life leech in your staff, and probably no cascade. There are videos on page 1.

Phoenix needs purity of fire and fire flask. Run up to Phoenix to activate him, then run into a corner. Cast on the ground between you. When he comes to you, hit him with your staff for fortify. When he does his big explodey thing, use the flask. Facetank.

Hydra needs purity of ice and cold flask. Run up to Hydra, hit him in the face for fortify, and cast. Whenever he casts something, move two cm up or down out of the way, and go back to casting. If he catches you with something, cold flask. When you have enough ES/DPS you can just facetank without having to dodge anything at all.

Minotaur is easiest, at least when you're ~8k+ ES and overhead slam doesn't one shot you. Run up to him, hit him in the face for fortify, facetank. The only dangerous move is when he tunnels - I believe he arrives at where you stood as he started the tunnel. When he's dropping stuff on your head and is about to hit you, pop one of your 3 phys mitigation flasks. Ration them for the duration of the fight.

Chimera is hardest. Do the normal: run up, hit him for fortify, facetank. When he goes into recovery, cast into the corners to hit the adds as they come out. The reason Chimera is hard is when he hides in clouds and does damage that you can't avoid or leech from. This is what Vaal Discipline is for, and if need be you can portal out: when you return, ice has gone from the ground and you can see which clouds you haven't checked yet.

All of that said, at 14k ES & 37k per hit, I can still die to Minotaur on triple damage mods if I am lazy. I just don't run -max resists T16 if there's another damage mod and I intend to level.

I don't farm t16 simply because I'm too lazy to swap gems/flasks (and I'll die from time to time fighting them, not a good way to level up at high level).
I am running 8-mod t14/t15 for Sulphite. I'm interested in others' approach to farm currency. I don't min-max the build and don't need the currency. Just out of curiosity :-).
I was doing guardians for a while, got half way but rather bored with that now. Now I'm going to do 100 odd T16 burial chambers and gain a level I guess. Before I did guardians I did a lot of T11 UGS, that's where I got most my money early on. My plan was to farm shaper after that, but the good shaper drops went for much less than usual this season.
Editado por útlima vez por NoImagination en 3 oct. 2018 10:49:15
"
QuackSage escribió:

I think movement speed might be an issue for the traps (I only have 16% on gear)

Vorici mission to keep a rogue at low life: do not cast Icestorm at all unless it's like T16 and can survive 1 cast. I do it with Flame Dash burning ground and Orb of Storms! :)

You are correct about movespeed and Lab. You can easily run through almost all traps with fast boots and Quicksilver flasks.
"
vbvan escribió:
I am running 8-mod t14/t15 for Sulphite. I'm interested in others' approach to farm currency. I don't min-max the build and don't need the currency. Just out of curiosity :-).

You can farm about the same amount of sulphite per minute by running any T11+ maps, no chisels, just alch it and run with Onslaught for 2c. You can't run out of them, they drop faster than you consume them, even if you don't fully clear them.

A slightly more expensive but also more efficient option is to run T5-10 with Zana Shaped mod.

I use both of these methods and pick whatever T5-15 maps with the simplest layouts.
Not sure if this has been asked since there are 169 pages to look through. Is there a POB link by chance?
"
RatedPG escribió:
Not sure if this has been asked since there are 169 pages to look through. Is there a POB link by chance?

PoB links are in description to every video.
Editado por útlima vez por zlDez en 3 oct. 2018 13:08:03

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional