[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

I'd love to play this build in Delve, and have been testing it in Standard a bit. But how do you guys deal with the FPS loss? I usually get 120-140 fps in hideout, which drops down to 60-80 during very hectic fights with a lot of visual effects and bodies.

But when channeling Icestorm my FPS gets down to 30-40 every time and it feels like a deal breaker. Any other experiences / advice on how to make it better? I emailed GGG asking if the FPS hit caused by Icestorm can be reduced but they weren't able to tell.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
NoImagination escribió:
It's not clear to me if 'small' includes +10 int nodes, but if so perhaps this becomes worthwhile for us?

All small nodes are included, anything that's the same size as the ordinary +10 stat nodes that make up the bulk of the tree.

I've considered using this new jewel in every single socket available to us, but there is no place where it would be better than what we already use. If anybody has an idea - feel free to post.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 29 ago. 2018 1:47:03
"
Jadran escribió:
I'd love to play this build in Delve, and have been testing it in Standard a bit. But how do you guys deal with the FPS loss? I usually get 120-140 fps in hideout, which drops down to 60-80 during very hectic fights with a lot of visual effects and bodies.

But when channeling Icestorm my FPS gets down to 30-40 every time and it feels like a deal breaker. Any other experiences / advice on how to make it better? I emailed GGG asking if the FPS hit caused by Icestorm can be reduced but they weren't able to tell.

It's a GPU-heavy skill. Not the worst one out there (Magma Orb is much worse). Unless your GPU is very old, you should be fine with the default DX11 option for Dynamic Resolution. Set it to 60 fps and you will get some screen blur instead of fps loss.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
Jadran escribió:

It's a GPU-heavy skill. Not the worst one out there (Magma Orb is much worse). Unless your GPU is very old, you should be fine with the default DX11 option for Dynamic Resolution. Set it to 60 fps and you will get some screen blur instead of fps loss.

I will give it a try. Also, imagine if GGG improves the engine and makes Icestorm less taxing on the GPU - so much to look forward to.

Also, how does this build fare in PvP? 3.4 notes don't say anything about PvP scaling of Icestorm. I guess we can also aim to disorient the enemy combatant with the hail of ice hampering their vision and the FPS loss... :D
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Editado por útlima vez por Jadran en 29 ago. 2018 2:26:44
"
Kelvynn escribió:
All small nodes are included, anything that's the same size as the ordinary +10 stat nodes that make up the bulk of the tree.

I've considered using this new jewel in every single socket available to us, but there is no place where it would be better than what we already use. If anybody has an idea - feel free to post.

How about the one in the Templar area near Faith and Steel?

Would lose the +10 Int and 2x +10 Str nodes to path to it and pick up...
20 Int
10 Str
30% Increased Elemental Damage
12% Increased Fire Damage
10% Increased Energy Shield

(plus some Life, charge duration, and Lightning damage, but those don't matter)
"
Jadran escribió:
Also, how does this build fare in PvP? 3.4 notes don't say anything about PvP scaling of Icestorm. I guess we can also aim to disorient the enemy combatant with the hail of ice hampering their vision and the FPS loss... :D

This is not a PvP build. It can clear HoGM easily, and in 3.4 we probably won't even need a swap staff with pure SR for it (looks like the Gubbens are getting nerfed). But it won't work well against real players. You can get off-screened by archers before you even see them. Then again, you can cover the entire screen (and more) with Icestorms with Spell Cascade and lag them all out ))) Nothing melee can get near you either, especially with the spell block nerf in 3.4.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 29 ago. 2018 13:18:56
"
Parja1 escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:

How about the one in the Templar area near Faith and Steel?

Would lose the +10 Int and 2x +10 Str nodes to path to it and pick up...
20 Int
10 Str
30% Increased Elemental Damage
12% Increased Fire Damage
10% Increased Energy Shield

(plus some Life, charge duration, and Lightning damage, but those don't matter)

Brute Force Solution:
24 Int (jewel)
10 Int (1 small Int node)
20 Int (converted from 2 small Str nodes)
10 Int (converted from Light of Divinity)
10% inc dmg (1 small ele dmg node)

Unnatural Instinct:
20 Int (2 small Int nodes)
32% inc dmg (2 small ele dmg nodes; 1 small fire dmg node)
10% inc ES (2 small ES nodes)

So this is a trade of 44 Int for 22% inc dmg and 10% ES. Not a good deal.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 29 ago. 2018 13:32:30
I've been stalking this build since its CI Elementalist days and I gotta say I'll start this league with it, really excited.

For utility, which would you say is the best enchant?

arctic armor buff effect
Ball Lightning fires an additional Projectile
12% increased Ball Lightning Area of Effect
generic aura reduced Mana Reservation
30% increased Flame Dash Cooldown Recovery Speed
40% increased Herald of Ash Damage
36% increased Immortal Call Duration
Orb of Storms has 30% increased Cast Speed
15% increased Scorching Ray beam length
45% increased Vigilant Strike Fortify Duration
enfeeble effect

Thank you Kelvynn for a well maintained GG build!
Second-class poe gamer
Editado por útlima vez por pr13st en 30 ago. 2018 4:22:49
What links do people prefer for Freezing Pulse and Frost Bomb? I assume I want +1/+2 gems for the former, so it's a 3L. Do I want +gems for the latter, or 4L?

3L with +1 cold gems: FP, Controlled Destruction, Added Lightning
4L: FB, Controlled Destruction, Arcane Surge, Added Lightning

Something like that? Presumably if we're using FB we can have Arcane Surge there instead of on FP.
Editado por útlima vez por NoImagination en 30 ago. 2018 6:01:05
"
pr13st escribió:
I've been stalking this build since its CI Elementalist days and I gotta say I'll start this league with it, really excited.

For utility, which would you say is the best enchant?

I don't think either of these give us anything worthwhile:

- generic aura reduced Mana Reservation
- 15% increased Scorching Ray beam length

Ray beam length is barely worth getting to 20% quality, so another 15% doesn't seem valuable. We don't need mana reservation reduction because we don't have any spare gem slots, particularly with the addition of Abyssal slots.

As all the gains are small, the marginal gain from one over another is very small, so I'd just stop after hitting one of the remaining.
Editado por útlima vez por NoImagination en 30 ago. 2018 4:36:26

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional