[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

The new minimap item highlighting ought to help with frostbomb levelling then - we can keep running ahead and double back if an alch+ drops (or whatever). I'm not a very good leveller, but it seems to me we should be ignoring almost everything except uniques and jewellery until we're into maps, so we should be safe using frostbomb.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
I'm thinking about very deep Delve content. So far all boss encounters in the preview videos look like there are no map-type bosses, but rather Abyss/Harbinger type encounters: you reach the final room of the current Delve and get attacked by a ton of mobs, including some that are more like Bestiary rares, they have special abilities and tons more hp than trash. But adds keep spawning. I'm not really worried about the 'killed recently' condition expiring, and I'm going to carry 2 staves anyway.

It remains to be seen how much value a 6L chest can add there. Probably still good. And don't forget that you can't just do Delves and nothing else - you still have to do maps to get the fuel (unless it's easily buyable I suppose). But 6L is hard to get, and with a new possibility of abyssal socket crafting it may make more sense to stay at 5L + jewel. We'll see.

My bad, when i said 6link, i meant 6th gem in the staff, cause they still practically linked. And about power similar to bestiary rares, that's exactly what i meant by "everyone is already dead, but rare still alive". For example, if it teleported out of harm way or just have overwhelming life regen. I would be rather scared that 4 sec will run out before i actually kill him. But well, it's just me and my style who don't like to hurry.
"
Haasts escribió:
Ooh, that'll make a fresh league start a bit smoother - was that a result of Freezing Pulse's 3.3 buffs? FWIW, there's still two Firestorm references to be replaced by Freezing Pulse - one at the top in the second paragraph down, and one under the "If you still don't have the staff by the time you hit lv 39" spoiler tag.

I leveled with FP to test it in the flashback league to get my box, even in HC. It worked really well, so that's the reason not to bother with Firestorm. That skill got buffed in 3.2, it's very nice for those lower levels. But it loses power in Act 4 quickly and starts sucking by lv 40 (unless you have Tabula I suppose). So if you can't get the staff by then - switch to Firestorm. After the Library quest you can buy it from Siosa. And our tree goes with fire damage after that too.

I personally never had a problem getting WI on day 1 before reaching lv 33, so I don't even wait for lv 39. At lv 33-38 (until you can use SR-CwC) mana is a bitch, but not really that bad with flasks and/or Mana Leech.
"
NoImagination escribió:
Has anyone used frost bomb as well as freezepulse? It seems pretty decent for levelling faster as we can leave it behind in the middle of a pack while we keep running forwards. I hate the levelling process so haven't tested it outside the league start.

Good catch! I forgot about Frost Bomb. Yes, definitely use it, it's very nice. Put it where you normally have Orb of Storms in the complete build, it's a natural Orb replacement for FP.

I also forgot about Herald of Ice. Updated the leveling guide.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 28 ago. 2018 10:46:16
"
Kelvynn escribió:
I personally never had a problem getting WI on day 1 before reaching lv 33, so I don't even wait for lv 39. At lv 33-38 (until you can use SR-CwC) mana is a bitch, but not really that bad with flasks and/or Mana Leech.

Since it's normal diff, you don't really need much for resists, so you can just use Elreon rings and/or put a Reduced Mana Support in the staff.
"
Parja1 escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:

Since it's normal diff, you don't really need much for resists, so you can just use Elreon rings and/or put a Reduced Mana Support in the staff.

Nobody has Elreon rings on day 1 of a new league. Mana Leech should do fine anyway.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 28 ago. 2018 12:46:09
Full 3.4 patch notes are up

A bunch of small buffs for us, although nothing significant:

- Templar area has been reworked, some nodes got combined, many small damage nodes got slight buffs. Hard to say without seeing the actual tree, but this might save us some nodes on pathing and/or make some dmg nodes worth taking.

- Some nodes in the Witch area got slightly buffed, including Frost and Flame Walker. There is some pathing rework in that area too.

- Flame Dash got buffed: longer distance, faster re-use.

- Vigilant Strike got its melee range increased.

- Orb of Storms can now be triggered, i.e. you can CWDT it. Not sure if that's useful for us, maybe for some particular boss fights.

Overall, only buffs and no nerfs. OK!
Path of Building's been updated to have the new tree if anyone's looking to play around with pathing.

The new class of non-league Zana mods (Horizon Orb / Shaped version effects with random rolls) make the "any map mod" capabilities of this build pretty appealing (not to mention the SSF QoL):

Spoiler
"
Level 4: Alternate of Same Tier (Costs 1 Chaos Orb): Requires a Rare map. Opens a random Rare map of the same tier, excluding the map you placed in the device.

Level 6, requires 5 Memory Fragments found: Shaped Tier 1-5 (Costs 2 Chaos Orbs): Requires a Rare map. Opens a version of your map at 5 tiers higher, randomly rolled as a Rare.

Level 7, requires 10 Memory Fragments found: Shaped Tier 1-10 (Costs 6 Chaos Orbs): Requires a Rare map. Opens a version of your map at 5 tiers higher, randomly rolled as a Rare, with a chance to be Corrupted.

Level 8, requires an Elder Orb to have been obtained: Elder Tier 1-15 (Costs 15 Chaos Orbs): Requires a Rare map. Opens a version of your map at Tier 16, randomly rolled as a Rare, with a chance to be Corrupted.
Editado por útlima vez por Haasts en 28 ago. 2018 22:43:48
"
Haasts escribió:
Path of Building's been updated to have the new tree if anyone's looking to play around with pathing.

The pathing in the Templar area is 1 node longer now. It's not a bad node (10% ele dmg), but looks like it will just push the goals 1 level back, i.e. the build will be complete at lv 91. It will be slightly stronger too with the other small buffs to smalll ele dmg nodes.

Basically, we are getting 20% increased damage for 1 extra node. A very worthy bargain.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 29 ago. 2018 0:24:02
It's not clear to me if 'small' includes +10 int nodes, but if so perhaps this becomes worthwhile for us?
Editado por útlima vez por NoImagination en 29 ago. 2018 1:21:25

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional