[3.2] Captain Americlast - Scion Spectral Shield Throw

I got 37k in hideout 2 auras and flame golem. Fully buffed with 4 frenzy, tailwind and onslaught I think i get about 61k. I did get a corrupted 6 link because single target was just so bad. Clearing is ok, single target dps is slow.

Playing around with gear, tried the surgebinders for some elemental damage per frenzy. But is only about 1k extra dmg boost from a pair of rare gloves with some added fire and cold damage to attacks.

Perhaps they become abit better if I get some ele dmg on rings and belt.

I guess a 2.5k+ armor shield will help alot, but they seem very rare atleast on BHC.

Im gonna keep trying the build and see where I can get with it.
Hey guys! Okay, so let's get this straight. This skill is Spectral Shield throw.

Not barrage.

Not Blade Flurry.

No skill in this game is blade flurry/barrage besides blade flurry and barrage. The closest skill we can compare this skill to is spectral throw. Spectral throw is a pain to level with due to gearing and mana consumption, and often people choose to level with a different skill and swap to spectral throw at a later level when they have more currency to get the items they desire. All of this is discussed in this thread, even on my first page. Even before this skill was released I predicted this! I leveled with pure phys DoT Spectral Throw in Talisman league and it didn't feel smooth until later in the game. I had to use clarity back then lmao.

Also do keep in mind that this skill is still bugged on the tree and, for example, I'm missing about 33% ias that will one day just appear when GGG finally fixes it. GGG has failed to release this skill in a complete working fashion. This is a new skill and GGG is having a really hard time keeping their servers running and making sure there is no way to abuse the game with new league mechanics. I mean, I think we've had about 7 hot fixes so far? And there's still double-prophecied uber elder/shaper fight they didn't even test lol. They got their hands full, but hopefully can make time for fixing this skill SOON.

Okay!

Do you need mirrored gear to make this build work? No. But, just like spectral throw did, it definitely requires some investment/tweaking. I mean I'm not even done making tweaks to the build, and I already have all the gear I need in standard. It's a brand new skill that will take some testing and tweaking in order to get right. This isn't the same barrage or blade flurry build that's been out forever. This is a new skill we're trying to make work. If you want to go play a barrage/blade flurry build, there are plenty of guides for those around the forums because those skills are so overtuned it's insane. (I have a barrage build, I can tell you first hand lol).

Also this is not a projectile overlap skill. Tornado shot, kinetic blast, etc... all clear and do insane damage because they shoot out multiple projectiles that overlap and stack damage on a single target. We shoot out ONE projectile that chains etc... This works opposite of those skills, and I don't anticipate having the same clear as a well geared wander or bower.

But this isn't a wander or bower. We're throwing a shield lol.

I've already answered a few questions on what to do to help single target. Here's what I recommend doing as your endgame weapon slot:

"
Ahfack escribió:
For single target damage you need a stat-stick-dagger/sword with extra damage as cold. Extra lightning/chaos dmg is icing the cake but cold is priority. Thus why we can't use a sceptre because they can't roll cold.

Get a shaped dagger/sword base with an implicit you like that doesn't have too high of requirements to equip.

Could alt+regal spam if you want or chaos spam if you have some currency to burn.

Here are the level requirements for the mods:

Level 68 Gain (15–25)% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage

Level 75 Gain (26–35)% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage

Level 80 Gain (36–40)% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage

Could get a couple good gained as mods, clean it, then multi mod with ias/multi/wed and it would pretty much be your endgame weapon for single target unless you wanted something mirror tier.

This is a PERFECT example of a do-it-yourself weapon crafting. Get a base, spam it, clean it, multimod it, and you're basically done until you mirror something. It doesn't have to be all t1's, t2's are perfectly fine for DIY style weapon slot for this build.

Lioneye's Remorse shield with 1.7k armour and dank life roll is also a solid option for a cheap unique shield. There are several with over 1.7k armour in standard for 2c+. Magna Eclipsis is also good. 1.7k armour for solid base damage, 115es for some more base crit, some life, +2 gems, and a 1000 damage protective elemental buffer. And then yes, you could even try making your own rare shield. All of these are options and just takes work to get what you want. You don't need mirror gear, but you definitely can't just pick up what you find on the ground/get for 1c day 2 of league and expect to face roll bosses. Definitely not the case. Especially with the skill being not 100% working as it should be.

Hrimburn gloves are actually BiS for this build as far as damage goes. They even provide more damage than my mirror gripped gloves I'm wearing. I'll list these in the thread when I redo part of the gearing section. Again, this is all brand new stuff that's been out for less than a week. This will take time to get everything right.

I've discussed this before as well, but because the nature of the skill we have very few ways to scale this skill. We have to use any global modifiers we can get, convert our damage, and then scale the converted damage, proj dmg, ias, base crit, multi, and so on...

I use this to clear pretty much all the time. It's amazing. I even got the +1 frenzy for 1ex here in standard. However, now that this guide is out, I imagine it will go up a bit more.

Also, as mentioned in thread, for single target/bossing I replace inc crit/chains (or fork) with ele focus/slow proj. Substantially more damage. Maim is also an option instead of slower proj but ofc requires separate colours.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Editado por útlima vez por Ahfack en 7 mar. 2018 8:24:02
@Ahfack, thanks for your patience, effort, expertise and feedback! Your build in standard is pretty amazing given how lackluster and bugged SST has started out.

How much total currency would you estimate is needed in order to craft the stat stick as you describe? A base like you describe is 12c (pricey in early league for most of us) and I've never really gotten into the crafting aspect of this game. Can you expand on the "clean it" part of the process? It might also help to list alternate late-game Unique stat-sticks for us (Doryani?). Also, Claws can roll Extra Cold along with their handy mana implicits which might be good for some of us.

For bossing you recommend Ele Focus. Does that counteract Hrimburn's ignite effect?

Under what circumstances do you recommend Might of the Meek? It is briefly mentioned in the guide but most variants of the build I've looked at don't use it.

I've been using Lioneye's Vision that you recommended but wonder if I'd just be better off with whatever chest I can find that gives me more links with the right colors. Greens (and blue) are hard to get on Vision and it isn't a popular chest that would result in many options to buy that are linked/colored.
Editado por útlima vez por tainium en 7 mar. 2018 14:46:52

This weapon doubled my DPS tooltip 20k->40k for 5c in early league. Noticeable gameplay impact.
I'm 64 right now, fun build for the most part as it's getting better and better. However, I hate using mana flasks and still find it an issue during boss fights or while fighting red beasts at times ect. How are you guys dealing with this? I have two mana leech items, yet it's still lacking. I also want to use Herald of ice and hatred but the mana pool could not withstand that properly without me constantly chugging. My friend is running this build as a Glad and uses BM, does it get better or do I need to do some changes?

Thanks for the build/updates btw
"
Matacka escribió:
I'm 64 right now, fun build for the most part as it's getting better and better. However, I hate using mana flasks and still find it an issue during boss fights or while fighting red beasts at times ect. How are you guys dealing with this?

You are using physical attack leech. With Winter Spirit and Hatred (and eventually Hrimsorrow/burn), more than half of your tooltip DPS should be cold damage. You need to get regular mana leech over near Point Blank.

Also, upgrade your skill gems. Faster attacks means you consume more mana, but not necessarily do more damage. SP should be swapped with Fork/Chain. And Faster Attacks should be using PPAD. 5th link will add Inc Crit, Elemental Focus, DMG on Full Life, or Maim. Consumes more mana with 5-link, but also do more damage which means get more out of mana leech.

"
tainium escribió:
This weapon doubled my DPS tooltip 20k->40k for 5c in early league. Noticeable gameplay impact.

HAHAHA.. I was at work thinking how much that would improve my DPS. Glad to see it found a good home :)
Editado por útlima vez por blackdeath101 en 7 mar. 2018 16:43:01
Did I snipe your purchase?
Editado por útlima vez por tainium en 7 mar. 2018 17:43:34
"
tainium escribió:
@Ahfack, thanks for your patience, effort, expertise and feedback! Your build in standard is pretty amazing given how lackluster and bugged SST has started out.

How much total currency would you estimate is needed in order to craft the stat stick as you describe? A base like you describe is 12c (pricey in early league for most of us) and I've never really gotten into the crafting aspect of this game. Can you expand on the "clean it" part of the process? It might also help to list alternate late-game Unique stat-sticks for us (Doryani?). Also, Claws can roll Extra Cold along with their handy mana implicits which might be good for some of us.

For bossing you recommend Ele Focus. Does that counteract Hrimburn's ignite effect?

Under what circumstances do you recommend Might of the Meek? It is briefly mentioned in the guide but most variants of the build I've looked at don't use it.

I've been using Lioneye's Vision that you recommended but wonder if I'd just be better off with whatever chest I can find that gives me more links with the right colors. Greens (and blue) are hard to get on Vision and it isn't a popular chest that would result in many options to buy that are linked/colored.

Princess sabre is good. It's ~1alch, and has 30% phys dmg as extra cold damage. Decently fast too for movement skill.

http://poe.trade/search/uzubobazoninon

Couldn't really give you an amount of what it would take. Depends on RNG too greatly. Cheapest way is to just grab any decent shaper base and alt spam as mentioned in my previous posts.

As far as "clean it" it's a term used that means like wipe the suffixes off. If you get two extra damage mods on a shaper weapon by alt/aug/regal spamming, and you get a shit suffix, you could spend 2ex at L8 haku, lock prefixes, scour. That leaves the item with just the prefixes, which is the extra dmg mods. From there, you could multimod for 2ex, and craft ias/multi/wed like:

The 2xt1 is pretty rare, but you don't have to have the 2xt1. anything like 50%+ with other mods you want is GG. Until then a princess sabre would probably fit you well.

Might of the Meek is BiS underneath the scion wheel by the res nodes. Gets us more extra damage and life than a perfect 4mod rare jewel can offer. However, you do miss the allres/eva/armour from Sentinel, but that's the only drawback. I don't have one yet because they are still expensive in standard. I'll get one when the price falls a bit.

Rare elder chest is BiS for the ~1.5% base crit, but belly is also nice, and any rare life chest would do fine for leveling.

Editado por útlima vez por Ahfack en 7 mar. 2018 23:10:21
"
tainium escribió:

Nice!
"
blackdeath101 escribió:
"
Matacka escribió:
I'm 64 right now, fun build for the most part as it's getting better and better. However, I hate using mana flasks and still find it an issue during boss fights or while fighting red beasts at times ect. How are you guys dealing with this?

You are using physical attack leech. With Winter Spirit and Hatred (and eventually Hrimsorrow/burn), more than half of your tooltip DPS should be cold damage. You need to get regular mana leech over near Point Blank.

Also, upgrade your skill gems. Faster attacks means you consume more mana, but not necessarily do more damage. SP should be swapped with Fork/Chain. And Faster Attacks should be using PPAD. 5th link will add Inc Crit, Elemental Focus, DMG on Full Life, or Maim. Consumes more mana with 5-link, but also do more damage which means get more out of mana leech.

"
tainium escribió:

HAHAHA.. I was at work thinking how much that would improve my DPS. Glad to see it found a good home :)

Ha! For the mean time try a 30% extra cold dmg princess sabre and see how that works forya:

http://poe.trade/search/uzubobazoninon

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional