[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
Rickyg32 escribió:
Hi,

Appreciate the variation on the FB build. I had followed Sidefx's build before this one and have had much more success here in terms of survivability and map speed.

Could anyone go over my main char in flashback and give some advice on upgrades next?

I am struggling to 6L my Hyrri's Ire, so apart from that upgrade.

With that I've decided to use Hyrri's is it possible to use Opal rings? I'm very reliant on my rings/amulet to cover pretty much all my resists.

Also I've seen some different skill trees in the main post, some take the strength/int nodes, should I be doing this to make it easier to obtain the right amulet/rings?

Thanks

If you need a int/str boost for a crucial gem then people will take the 30 nodes, but they are meant to be temporary additions not permanent look for these stats on belt/jewelry if you can.

I have maxed res from my jewelry+stygian but getting good opal rings are expensive so thats a long term goal for say a full league rather than a race.

You wanna get the frenzy corrupt on your boots, and a better weapon with more attack speed.
After that it's just a gradual upgrades game with your jewelry, belt etc.

Also get a taste of hate flask to replace chalice asap. and fix your life flask, current one heals for 0. heal overtime flasks are useless when you have leech. you still want the bleed removal but also get instant heal to save you from being burst down.
"
Rickyg32 escribió:
Hi,

Appreciate the variation on the FB build. I had followed Sidefx's build before this one and have had much more success here in terms of survivability and map speed.

I've been looking at playing either this build or Sidefx's build as a starter next league, but I'm not sure which to pick. What is it about this build that you feel makes it faster/tankier? The ascendancy nodes are a bit different, gear, skill tree, etc. What do you think are the biggest differences?
"
SeventhHelixB escribió:
"
Rickyg32 escribió:
Hi,

I've been looking at playing either this build or Sidefx's build as a starter next league, but I'm not sure which to pick. What is it about this build that you feel makes it faster/tankier? The ascendancy nodes are a bit different, gear, skill tree, etc. What do you think are the biggest differences?

Personally Sidefx's build isn't for me, and doesn't fit how I want to play the game. Anyway here's my general analysis and some key points for you, based on my reading of his guide. I haven't seen sidefx's build before, but i've tried to make this as in depth as possible:

1. His build is potentially better on a really low budget like spend 5ex get a 5L etc. Fiver's more speed/evasion style build will scale higher a lot quicker, but not necessarily very cost effectively. Not that FB is at all a cost effective way to play the game, only use it if you just happen to like FB, like me.

2. Fiver has put more time and effort into this build than Sidefx, so his item choices are more wisely thought out, I have no idea why sidefx bothers to use carnage heart or spiked gloves for example. Carnage doesn't add as much dps as you'd think (like next to none actually) just take vaal pact, the end. I'd also not sure why he prefers wise oak over lions roar/Diamond. Wise oak is cheap but eventually useless since we have capped res and really good pen anyway.

3. Fiver's build is faster, WAY faster. We have 9 frenzy charges and epic synergy with them thanks to our boots and the stronger ascendancy choice. We move faster and attack very fast.

4. This seems to be a clash of the age old Clearspeed vs Boss killing. Sidefx markets his build as clearspeed focused, from what i can tell his clearspeed just comes from ToA, you can run ToA with fiver's build while you farm currency as well, and swap in bloodseeker for bossing. Fiver's build is actually quite good at bossing assuming you know the mechanics well. I can kill guardians in 20-30seconds or less. Shaper doesn't take long either.

5. Back to that scaling again, Fiver's build works better end game you will fare better against bosses because they simply can't hit you, and you deal a lot of dps. If you've been following my complementary advice regarding skill gems/item upgrades etc once you get the dps you can turn that into insane clearspeed as well with chain/AC and our very fast movement and attackspeeds. I can clear entire screens with 1 FB attack in T16. (excluding yellows I guess, but they dont last long either)

6. Speed comparison, I looked at Sidefx's PoB which he seems to have optimised with decent gear etc. With all potential buffs engaged excluding my vaal haste because i didnt see sidefx using it.
Sidefx: Attacks per second 8.98 Movespeed 80%. Me: ApS 13.12 MS 113%

7. Dmg comparison Without abyssal I have about 1.5M shaper DPs, Sidefx has 500k (If I had even more cash eventually i would of hit 3m+ with abyssal)

8. Big difference, we have more evasion. 95% projectile evade, 55% melee evade. 68% attack dodge, 40% spell dodge. Block chance 21%. Giving us a rough dmg avoidance of 98.3% for projectiles, 85% for melee hits and 40% for spells. (disclaimer: Evades calculation entropy counter makes it such that there is less upward variance in these avoid numbers as only dodge/block are truly random so the more probable average would likely be say 97%)

The bad news, I spent a good 150ex including my hh the good news I made 150ex using only this build without a hh in beastiary.

I'm sure I could go on, but I think this should give you an idea, my advice re: incursion, follow Fiver's/My style of FB. It handles clearspeed and bossing content combined better. Incursion gives tons of loot/cash. so easy league to go for expensive builds you like.
"
SeventhHelixB escribió:
"
Rickyg32 escribió:
Hi,

I just felt like I died too easily with the sidefx build and I could never work it out. I went with evasion initially but struggled with tier 11+ bosses. Then tried using a belly but I ended up dying way more often. It was probably down to my inexperience but I couldn’t figure out how to progress.

With this build I just feel way more in control. The shield allows 100% hit and therefore you are always leaching which is so nice. Again I’m going ultra evasion with Hyrri’s so I rarely get hit and when I do I just leach back to full almost instantly.

I never understood what to look for in a claw before this guide so that has helped massively. Basically this build feels more complete after 2-3ex whereas I felt like with the other build I needed way more since you need all rare items. I think sidefx has updated since I last used but for me this felt faster at mapping and also clears most endgame, which is what I’m looking for.
First time playing a Raider and first time playing Frost Blades. Having a blast and I'm doing pretty well.

Do you guys have any tips for me what to upgrade next?

I plan on getting a Tombfist, a good Stygian Vise and a proper amulet next, and some Opal Rings following shortly after, but I feel like I have to get them more or less at the same time to not mess with my resistances and having odd resis when upgrading one by one.

I'm also having problems with main stats, I still want to get them over equipment and not notables, right?

My char:
Spoiler
"
Gnannondorf escribió:
First time playing a Raider and first time playing Frost Blades. Having a blast and I'm doing pretty well.

Do you guys have any tips for me what to upgrade next?

I plan on getting a Tombfist, a good Stygian Vise and a proper amulet next, and some Opal Rings following shortly after, but I feel like I have to get them more or less at the same time to not mess with my resistances and having odd resis when upgrading one by one.

I'm also having problems with main stats, I still want to get them over equipment and not notables, right?

My char:
Spoiler

Your gloves, rings/amu/belt should be a priority right now, as you have rightfully asserted. Getting rings/belt/amu with %ele dmg on them is very powerful. It will require some juggling with the resistances but you will have to do it at some point anyway.

Other things you should look for.
Quality gems. Adding quality on your frost blade gem setup can add a nice boost in damage.
+1 frenzy charge on the darkray vectors would also be a nice boost in damage.
I would also look for a helm with 40% increased frost blades damage.

About stats. Ideally you don't want to have to spend passives on them, but it may be worth doing so temporarily if it allows you to use a really good ring/amu etc.

Don't panic.
Thank you for your input Fiver. Great job on the build. Didn't even think about the corrupted Darkrays, that somehow went past me.

I was able to craft a decent Opal Ring slamming some chaos onto a base I bought.

I guess I'm going to get the Rat's Nest with 40% FB damage first, then some quality gems and the corrupted Darkrays. Maybe not exactly in that order, but I'll keep an eye out for good deals.
This will be a decent push in damage without having to rebalance all my resistances, which will be a major pain in the ass and probably quite expensive. Afterwards, I'll focus on the gloves, belt, amulet and the last ring.

That way, I won't break my bank and can still continue to destroy the atlas.
Thank you for the great guide!

I have been trying this build for 3.3 and the mechanics/setup are new to me. Im 79 now with some known items to upgrade still (pending random number gods favor my drops and currency) but am still feeling that my survivability is way too low.

If anyone has a solid grasp on this and could give me some pointers for my character @Spork_FrostIncur i would really appreciate it. Feel free to DM to chat or /w in game
Hey guys i LOVE FB's and i decided to start the league with this build, almost everything is awesome until now that i just realized mi att spd is really low and i dont know why.

The PoB from Fivers is like 13 Att/Ps and i dont know why im just hitting 4.8 Att/Ps (attaks per second)

Even without the half of the buff's Fivers PoB hits 10 Att/Ps and im not reaching even the half of that, i know my items are not the same (the league just started) but i really want to understand why im not doing so well with my att speed. (like i said i love FB's and i actually want to learn)

Here is my PoB https://pastebin.com/Msw4uT5F
How are you equipping any of your strength gems? I see no strength on your gear and the gems need tons of strength.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional