[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

Sorry if this has been asked previously, but any thoughts on a Yoke of Suffering plus Taming combination for this build? I haven’t attempted to build it out in POE (still learning that), but would the chance for our cold damage to apply shock be worth switching away from Pandemonius? (Particularly in light of new balance manifesto/forthcoming patch notes addressing that it will be easier to apply elemental ailments?)

I’ve got both a Pandemonius and a Yoke at the moment in standard, planning to anoint one of them in the near future. Thanks. :)
"
Physt escribió:
Any news if it will be possible to play it in 3.9? i read about few sharper/elder encounters :/

Yeah there's going to be changes. I have no doubt it's still going to work, but getting things like Shaper's touch, Mark of the Elder, Shaped rings, etc. might be harder.
There are other alternatives though.

There's a lot of interesting stuff mentioned though.
The + skills affixes on amulets are really good, and will probably be BiS.
The "strike skills target 1 additional nearby enemy" are also going to be a nice option on gloves if you can't get shapers touch and dont want to hotswap between AC and Ruthless.
The +1 to maximum power charges that has been displayed on helmets implies that there are similiar modifiers for frenzy charges. At least thats my assumption. This could be really good for the build, depending on what itembase you can get it on.

All of the above things are stuff that are easily fixed though.

The big problem is the Multimod changes. It's going to be a lot harder to craft your own claw now, and the ones you find on the trade-sites are going to be a lot more expensive. I'm not sure how to interpret the text on it though.
Since it says "can have up to 3 crafted modifiers", it's a bit vague. I seriously hope that doesn't include the actual multimod, because then they will basically screw up the entire crafting system.
If it's multimod +3 modifiers, then it's not as bad. Still not good though.

Don't panic.
"
LordRevan escribió:
"
Fiver escribió:
"
Talanel escribió:
Hey Fiver, awesome Build!

I've currently got 675h in PoE and had never killed Shaper before this League. I really wanted to finish Zana's Quest Line in this League though, because of it going away next League. I used this build to do it and just killed Uber Elder!

Just wanted to say thanks, this build kicks ass.

Awesome, good work dude!!

I'm glad you're having fun with it! :)

This is the most viable/fun build to do endgame content for me (I wanted to try frost blades for a few years now lol), so I finally managed to try Shaper/Elder/etc in Blight for the first (and last) time. However with 6k hp/2m shaper dps (even with my very average weapon) I couldn't do unber elder, all content prior to that was actually easy and I completed most things on my first try/deathless. Maybe I hadn't learned all of the mechanics of that fight, so it is possible just my fault.

In all honesty the real challenge were the T13-15 blighted maps - despite great clear, the hordes of mobs where really too much for my machine even, either way I couldn't clear it in time and in the end died (not a disconnect, but maybe lag had an impact on my poor performance/dps).

Retrospectivelly, do you have any ideas or suggestions how to improve this build's performance in such encounters (T13-15 blighted maps, not considering terrible mods like +x% life etc)? This is likely irrelevant in Metamorph since we'll be fighting bosses rather than swarms of mobs, but since the clear on maps is amazing already, maybe in Metamorph it would be relevant to focus more on single target dps (if it can be at all min-maxed any further, without sacrificing too much clear speed)?

It's hard to say right now what ways we can optimize the build in, since we don't have the full patchnotes yet. But there are both good and bad stuff mentioned in the development manifesto.
I'm going to update the build once I have the patch-notes, but until then I really don't know.

I had a lot of problems on blight maps earlier in the league because of bad framerate and lag, but I upgraded to a new computer mid-league and all of a sudden they were pretty easy. The bosses were still pretty tanky, but in general it went smooth.

Don't panic.
"
Bennettju escribió:
Sorry if this has been asked previously, but any thoughts on a Yoke of Suffering plus Taming combination for this build? I haven’t attempted to build it out in POE (still learning that), but would the chance for our cold damage to apply shock be worth switching away from Pandemonius? (Particularly in light of new balance manifesto/forthcoming patch notes addressing that it will be easier to apply elemental ailments?)

I’ve got both a Pandemonius and a Yoke at the moment in standard, planning to anoint one of them in the near future. Thanks. :)

The problem with using The Taming is that you lose the insane damage you get from Mark of the Elder. And the shock that you apply just from having Yoke of Suffering and The Taming isn't going to be very impressive versus high health bosses either way.
The damage bonus you get from the shock is still calculated on the % of damage you do in 1 hit.

But we're gonna have to see. I might have to look over the rings anyway, since Mark of the Elder and Shaped rings might be harder to acquire.

As for the amulet though, the +1 to skill modifiers that they've showed are probably going to be BiS.

Don't panic.
"
Fiver escribió:
It's hard to say right now what ways we can optimize the build in, since we don't have the full patchnotes yet. But there are both good and bad stuff mentioned in the development manifesto.
I'm going to update the build once I have the patch-notes, but until then I really don't know.

Thanks for keeping us updated!
When you hit the jackpot after the league ends

What're your thoughts on Mistwall (the new unique shield with block/phasing/evasion) for this build going into 3.9?

I'm already feeling QOTF + this on a Raider for even more movespeed 😍

Editado por útlima vez por prodiG1337 en 10 dic. 2019 18:57:22
I know the patch notes just dropped, and I intend to wait for more information. I would like to do this for my league start this time. Is it a good idea or does the aforementioned post above suggest it might be worse for the ware now?
I mean..

Harder to craft weapons
No maim on chest
Increased monster life, armour and ele res

And no real buffs as far as i can tell atleast.
I guess it doesn't kill the build. But the game got a bit more difficult atleast!

Edit: Altough there are most certainly a bunch of cool things being added that we don't know about yet.. Very hyped for friday!
Editado por útlima vez por Erayo en 11 dic. 2019 3:16:49
"
bibanul escribió:
When you hit the jackpot after the league ends

Considering that there will be no more maim on armours, it should at least fetch you a nice pot of gold in standard - if you care about that. I love it.
(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and
(='.'=) paste Bunny to help him
(")_(") gain world Domination.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional