[3.1] Poet's Pen Volatile Dead - all content - HC/SC

"
ImSlower escribió:
Well, I'm hitting a wall much faster than I thought with this build. I'm only up to mid tier maps and am having a really hard time with bosses that I feel shouldn't be an issue.

I got lucky on finding a great Ventor's on day 2 of the league, and decided to keep it rather than take the big profit - admittedly a mistake, but it's the best RNG drop I've ever gotten. I feel like I should drop the Rat's Nest for Stark's or a rare.

I only have a 3ex working budget, but selling the Ventor's would help. For now I have to use the Amulet/Ring combo for my leech, the Watcher's Eye is double my entire value away from me.

Do you guys that are doing red maps easily see some major mistakes I'm making? I took Slayer/Elementalist. I absolutely crush normal Atziri, but I'm dying repeatedly to yellow elder guardians, gross.

Since we take pretty much NO defenses of any kind, our only defense to to outleech or manually avoid damage. Doing this is all about leech speed and max life. I'm thinking that Kaom's Heart is nearly required for super high end content that can't be manually avoided. Having 6.5 or 7k life REALLY helps this build stay alive.

Without that buffer I find that the build is very binary. You kill quickly, or you die, kind of like the GC Miner. Most endgame bosses have at least 1 attack that can easily 1-shot someone with 5k hp.

I can't really think of a good way to layer more one-shot or high damage defenses that doesn't gimp the build.. so this issue doesn't really get much better.

Because VD tracks down enemies the build DOES lend itself well to mechanical fights, where you can avoid most of the damage. I was able to take down a red elder without too much issue on my second attempt, once I learned the fight a bit, and as always mapping is great with the build.

Make sure that you do have some source of lightning damage in your attacks as any source of lightning gives you 10% more damage with Slayer/Ele.

I think I'm simply going to have to grind up another 6ex or so and get the Watcher's Eye, so that I can swap out the amulet and ring.

I was able to do Elder relatively easily last league with several different characters. This scion is absolutely massacred by a t10 Elder. Even the Ice Spears 2 shot me. So, basically I need to do much more DPS to shotgun him a bit faster and not have to worry about his damage output so much. I think it's the most vital upgrade, though Acuity is so cheap nowdays I can go without it til I get the Eye.

The play style is a ton of fun when I'm cruising. Just need to grind, grind, grind.

Also: Thanks for the help.

Also, also: Jesus your character is decked to the nines. How'd you earn so much currency? Seems like the build will be able to do Uber Atziri fairly reliably, that's my goal this league. I bet the golem + VD style is great.
Editado por útlima vez por ImSlower en 13 mar. 2018 16:07:50
"
ImSlower escribió:

Also, also: Jesus your character is decked to the nines. How'd you earn so much currency? Seems like the build will be able to do Uber Atziri fairly reliably, that's my goal this league. I bet the golem + VD style is great.

Managed to get SUPER lucky with 4 Ex drops on day 1, some early Atziri farming, early map selling and some light currency flipping (lucrative, but damn annoying to do). Mostly just the quick boost those Ex gave me so early let me get ahead of the pack and that's where the money is. Not sure I'll be able to pull that off again in a few months.
"
ImSlower escribió:
I think I'm simply going to have to grind up another 6ex or so and get the Watcher's Eye, so that I can swap out the amulet and ring.

I was able to do Elder relatively easily last league with several different characters. This scion is absolutely massacred by a t10 Elder. Even the Ice Spears 2 shot me. So, basically I need to do much more DPS to shotgun him a bit faster and not have to worry about his damage output so much. I think it's the most vital upgrade, though Acuity is so cheap nowdays I can go without it til I get the Eye.

The play style is a ton of fun when I'm cruising. Just need to grind, grind, grind.

Also: Thanks for the help.

Don't bother with the watcher's eye right now, that's such a late game luxury. Drop the moku's and eye of innocence for a warlords mark on hit elder ring. Assassin's mark isn't super necessary so you dont need to worry about dual curse. Warlords is good enough to take you through to t16 maps as I did that with this build last league. Focus on getting acuity first
"
ImSlower escribió:
Well, I'm hitting a wall much faster than I thought with this build. I'm only up to mid tier maps and am having a really hard time with bosses that I feel shouldn't be an issue.

I got lucky on finding a great Ventor's on day 2 of the league, and decided to keep it rather than take the big profit - admittedly a mistake, but it's the best RNG drop I've ever gotten. I feel like I should drop the Rat's Nest for Stark's or a rare.

I only have a 3ex working budget, but selling the Ventor's would help. For now I have to use the Amulet/Ring combo for my leech, the Watcher's Eye is double my entire value away from me.

Do you guys that are doing red maps easily see some major mistakes I'm making? I took Slayer/Elementalist. I absolutely crush normal Atziri, but I'm dying repeatedly to yellow elder guardians, gross.

Cheapest way I see to increase tankyness is to swap that silver flask for a jade/toh/basalt and get an abyss jewel with chance to gain onslaught on kill.
@RickJamesWitch

http://www.youtube.com/user/69zirc/videos
so ive would like to play this build how much ex do u think i need to get started really good?
"
alevil1234 escribió:
so ive would like to play this build how much ex do u think i need to get started really good?
Just need 2 poets pens to get started early, but check the note at the top of the main post and you'll see an update on what was used for leveling.

I had no problem with poets pen x2,goldrim, elreon's->thief's torment and a little later tabula.

Once you get to maps Mokou's+Eye of Innocence is pretty cheap.
Editado por útlima vez por Penetros en 14 mar. 2018 0:26:43
Thanks but i wasnt talking about leveling i mean endgame like getting stark head enchant and acus/kaoms and stuff.
@Breken how come u wear loreweaver over kaoms?
How about a leveling tree? I don't know which nodes to take first

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional