[3.1] Poet's Pen Volatile Dead - all content - HC/SC

I plan to go low life, 30% MORE spell damage is quite nice + many Auras.

Since Volatile Dead will do a mixed damage: mostly fire + cold + lightning.

I plan to use the Watcher's Eye mod:
x% Damage leeched as life while affected by Vitality.

That way the leech will come from the entire damage caused.

Also I will have like 5-7% es regen to help with survival.

Any thoughts if going low life will behave as I hope it will ?
Long Live the Templars !!!!
You don't have a lot of passive points to put into aura nodes TBH, and even if you did, not many auras are that great for the spec. Pain Attunement looks nice on paper, but you need to get Ghost Reaver AND Zealot's Oath if you want the reg. You are also missing out on VP. I'm putting it into Path of Building, let's see how a LL version of this would work.

Edit: https://pastebin.com/hu0c6ZeM

DPS seems perfectly fine, but I am really struggling to get decent ES out of it. Even with really good gear and pretty much every ES node on the tree, I get to 8k. Considering that my life build has 7k life and even more damage, this does not seem like a good idea.
Editado por útlima vez por oiml en 10 ene. 2018 9:04:29
"
InfinityAtEnd escribió:
I plan to go low life, 30% MORE spell damage is quite nice + many Auras.

Since Volatile Dead will do a mixed damage: mostly fire + cold + lightning.

I plan to use the Watcher's Eye mod:
x% Damage leeched as life while affected by Vitality.

That way the leech will come from the entire damage caused.

Also I will have like 5-7% es regen to help with survival.

Any thoughts if going low life will behave as I hope it will ?

There is a guide on LL,

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2070606

Seems to be pretty good
Intended Skill Tree :

Reason behind it :
Aura nodes - to put as many usefull auras I can, since I won't use Kaom, I got many sockets and put my auras with Empower and Enlighten. Intended Auras: Anger, Herald of Ice and Lightning, Discipline, Vitality, Clarity after that as many purities I can squish in...

Power Charges - max of 6 ... hoping to reach max Volatile Death Crit chance since I plan to go Templar-Inquisitor, if I will reach 70-75+ crit chance I might drop some power charges or replace the inc crits gem from the VD links, depends on the gear also.

Also aiming for some ES regen, increased leech due to higher DPS.

I only aim for 7k es pool, that's quite ok to avoid one-shot, maybe reduce my dps investment and push the ES pool even more, we will see....
I'm only getting 6k ES with your tree. Also there are quite a few nodes which are better than power charges, the crit multi ones for example.

"
increased leech due to higher DPS

You should be hitting leech cap with the first volatile explosion tbh. Outside of Vaal Pact/Acuities you do not get better leech from going ES. All I could fit with your tree was clarity+disc+empower+blood magic, vitality+anger+herald of ice+enlighten and ONE purity. DPS was also not better than the life version. I honestly don't see the point in going ES only for the sake of pain attunement, you lose so much damage by getting aura nodes, which don't do a whole lot for you. Especially since you have to run discipline now, you can fit two, MAYBE three more auras in there - which are purities and don't do anything for dps.
"
oiml escribió:
I'm only getting 6k ES with your tree. Also there are quite a few nodes which are better than power charges, the crit multi ones for example.

"
increased leech due to higher DPS

You should be hitting leech cap with the first volatile explosion tbh. Outside of Vaal Pact/Acuities you do not get better leech from going ES. All I could fit with your tree was clarity+disc+empower+blood magic, vitality+anger+herald of ice+enlighten and ONE purity. DPS was also not better than the life version. I honestly don't see the point in going ES only for the sake of pain attunement, you lose so much damage by getting aura nodes, which don't do a whole lot for you. Especially since you have to run discipline now, you can fit two, MAYBE three more auras in there - which are purities and don't do anything for dps.

I like going Low Life, having lots of Auras, it's fun, it looks cool...

Going ES, I will end up with as much ES pool as HP pool since it's a dual wield build and I can't use the shield... but I like it more and going Inquisitor and going low life will give me the most dps..

I will put my bet on bodyswap to be all over the place so I won't be hit so much...

I still like LL build more...right now I'm farming Uber Lab with another char hoping to get the VD Enchant, when I run out of Offerings I will return to level my VD char and see what will happen :D
"
InfinityAtEnd escribió:

I like going Low Life, having lots of Auras, it's fun, it looks cool...

That is probably the best reason to go ES, buuuut:

"
InfinityAtEnd escribió:

Going ES, I will end up with as much ES pool as HP pool since it's a dual wield build and I can't use the shield...

Incorrect, you are seriously going to struggle to reach 7k ES with Inquis and your tree.

"
InfinityAtEnd escribió:
going low life will give me the most dps..

Also incorrect. With the same gear that I use, converted over to ES bases/rolls, you get ~1.1m shaper DPS. My life build has 1.65m.

"
InfinityAtEnd escribió:

I will put my bet on bodyswap to be all over the place so I won't be hit so much...

No difference to the life build here...
"
InfinityAtEnd escribió:

I still like LL build more...

If you like it, play it. But please don't pretend that it is somehow superior to the life build, because it just isn't. It is even almost strictly inferior. The only upside I see is the ability to run a purity aura for +5% max. res on one element.
"
oiml escribió:

If you like it, play it. But please don't pretend that it is somehow superior to the life build, because it just isn't. It is even almost strictly inferior. The only upside I see is the ability to run a purity aura for +5% max. res on one element.

I didn't say or insisted that LL ES Based will be better than Life version..didn't know from where you come up with that idea...

I only posted what I intend to do with this kind of build so that I could get some hints and tips from other players that maybe also play this kind of build variation...that's all...
hiya just wondering what is the best enchant for boots and what flask's to use thanks :)
"
hiya just wondering what is the best enchant for boots and what flask's to use thanks :)

For bosses: 1-160 light dmg/10% ele pen if you haven't killed recently

For regular mapping: Probably life&mana leech. Fire damage if you killed recently is good if you need the damage for mapping, avoid being stunned is also good.

I'm using an anti-bleed life flask, atziris promise, wise oak, inc. dur. diamond flask and whatever you want. I'm using an antifreeze basalt.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional