[3.0]Roicki's Starforge BM cyclone GUARDIANS / SHAPER / UBER IZARO / UBER ATZIRI / VIDS

"
Etherfire escribió:
Interesting math, but I feel that belt of the deceiver is simply not worth it in the endgame. The retch is simply too good in that it gives move speed, has more life, and most importantly gives you perma flasks. You have to remember that the synergy with vinktar and instant leech is only just one of the benefits of this belt. The 10% damage is nice, but it doesn't compare against all the utility benefits of the retch.

I agree on The Retch utilities, which I underlined in my post and I know they are great.

I was comparing the two belts from a pure damage perspective.

I consider Deceiver fantastic, btw, for endgame bosses farming. The crit damage reduction helps with preventing huge damage spikes (its a 6.92% mitigation against regular crits and up to a 12.85% mitigation against crits in red maps with the "of deadliness" mod). The Retch, on the other hand, provides extra flask duration (2.4 extra seconds per charge on a Lion's Roar, 3 extra seconds per charge on a Stibnite).

I consider it a matter of preference. Usually Shaper's phase 3, which is the only one where things can become complicated if it lasts too much, is very short for us (slayers). Making it even shorter with a 10% permanent damage boost is my personal pick.
Editado por útlima vez por djnat en 10 sept. 2017 9:06:06
I see a lot of people using steel rings. I ran the number in PoB and they do not seem like enough of a DPS boost for the price. I ended up using other rings with 70+ res and 100+ life. Am I missing something?
"
killyouridol escribió:
"In which order would you progress in terms of gearing this character up?". My PoB results in the following stats: I leveled my character "theoretically" up to level 89. All gems are level 20 and no quality.
6,343 Life and 339,4k DPS with conc effect.

6 link would be the first "obvious" upgrade you need.

On the other hand, 6.3k hp feel pretty bad at level 89, especially considering that you are running Death's Oath (life + str) and a rare helmet with life. I am running Bronn's Lithe and Devoto, which both have zero life, and I still have over 7300 HP.

What's your planned %life increase from the passive tree plus jewels?

@atheyd: I agree that steel rings' insane cost is not justified by their upgrade potential. They are still a sort of "upgrade for the richest people" to minmax the damage, but you can be super fine running coral rings for extra health at a fraction of steel rings' cost.
@djnat Thanks! Glad I was not missing something on the steel rings...i had a couple nice ones and sold them for rings with double the hp and better res. I ran with a 6 link Bronn's for a while (4r 1g 1b) and it was a nice mapping chest, but I had issues getting int and dex while using a biscos. How did you get your stats up while using Bronn's?
"
djnat escribió:
"
killyouridol escribió:
"In which order would you progress in terms of gearing this character up?". My PoB results in the following stats: I leveled my character "theoretically" up to level 89. All gems are level 20 and no quality.
6,343 Life and 339,4k DPS with conc effect.

6 link would be the first "obvious" upgrade you need.

On the other hand, 6.3k hp feel pretty bad at level 89, especially considering that you are running Death's Oath (life + str) and a rare helmet with life. I am running Bronn's Lithe and Devoto, which both have zero life, and I still have over 7300 HP.

What's your planned %life increase from the passive tree plus jewels?

@atheyd: I agree that steel rings' insane cost is not justified by their upgrade potential. They are still a sort of "upgrade for the richest people" to minmax the damage, but you can be super fine running coral rings for extra health at a fraction of steel rings' cost.

Hm okay. Now i feel insecure about my gear :D

I have currently some cheap jewels (and also calculated with those). On average they seem to have about 6% increased maximum life.
Regarding the passive points: I am lacking the big scion life wheel. Top left from the Duellist start. "Disciplin and Training", "Devotion" and "Bloodless". Those are the big ones I added to my PoB calculation. I also added some of the missing smaller "+5%". But those weren't that many.

So you would suggest to go 6L and then further upgrade my rares and jewells?
Remember that, when leveling, you should always prioritize life nodes to damage ones. The real damage comes at higher levels, but once you get to 90+, all the life nodes from the passive tree must be in place.

Absolutely go for the 6L before all other upgrades. And take those juicy passives for increased health while you continue the leveling process.
"
djnat escribió:
Remember that, when leveling, you should always prioritize life nodes to damage ones. The real damage comes at higher levels, but once you get to 90+, all the life nodes from the passive tree must be in place.

Absolutely go for the 6L before all other upgrades. And take those juicy passives for increased health while you continue the leveling process.

That is actually in interesting and simple rule of thumb. And to my shame I have to admit that i always prioritized damage, hehe ^^#.

Thank you for your help. I now have a better picture of where I am going to spend the next chaos orbs!
Damage isn't bad in softcore. Once I got Kaom's, I respecced some life nodes to get Blade of Cunning. Well, I had more life nodes than the original build, so it was more like bringing my tree more in line with the suggested tree, so I guess it doesn't count. And I'll still get life instead of 3 point jewels until I can buy 4 affix ones from level 90+.

Steel rings are often mistakenly used. They're best in slot, sure, when you have excellent gear. People see all these melee builds with 2x Steel Rings. So they just copy that, knowing that it's the best base. Monkey see, monkey do. But good regular rings are better than meh steels, much cheaper too.
"
Clerith escribió:
Damage isn't bad in softcore. Once I got Kaom's, I respecced some life nodes to get Blade of Cunning. Well, I had more life nodes than the original build, so it was more like bringing my tree more in line with the suggested tree, so I guess it doesn't count. And I'll still get life instead of 3 point jewels until I can buy 4 affix ones from level 90+.

Steel rings are often mistakenly used. They're best in slot, sure, when you have excellent gear. People see all these melee builds with 2x Steel Rings. So they just copy that, knowing that it's the best base. Monkey see, monkey do. But good regular rings are better than meh steels, much cheaper too.

Having Kaom's can be a sort of exception. 500 flat life is huge and can compensate the lack of some life from the tree. :)
"
atheyd escribió:
I see a lot of people using steel rings. I ran the number in PoB and they do not seem like enough of a DPS boost for the price. I ended up using other rings with 70+ res and 100+ life. Am I missing something?

You are doing things great m8. With 700pdps weapon you need more attack speed and life than flat phys.
Torment IGN: BorsukMiodowy

' It’s impossible to fail, as long as you never quit '

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional