[3.8] Demi's FlyingPurplePeople Cyclone/Bladestorm/Earthquake/Ice Crash Slayer Guide

Preeettttty pumped. It took a few sets and a few portals, but I managed to get an Uber Elder kill. I wasn't sure I would be able to do it, but I went with an Uber Elder service a few weeks back and doing so left a bad taste in my mouth. I really wanted to prove to myself that I could handle my own business. That's probably it with me for POE for a bit haha, but want to thank Demi for the guide again. Took me from being totally new to POE at the start of Incursion to clearing the hardest stuff in the game.

Here's the gear I managed to score the kill with.

Giving up the 4 Link for Kaom's Roots helped with the fight a whole ton. Instead of putting me in a situation where I was fighting a losing battle to stay alive when Elder did the slow, it allowed me to basically wail on whoever the current target was for free.

I decided to keep Bloodrage socketed over a 6 link Warchief, but I'm not really sure that was the right call. Didn't fully expect to get the kill when I did, so I was kind of messing with setups a bit. Felt like the extra attack speed may have gotten me out of some sticky situations at times, but the Warchief was a huge source of reliable damage for me throughout the fight. For me, the biggest problem in the fight was the inability to deal damage while moving with Lacerate. A well placed Warchief keeps the fight moving towards the desire conclusion when you can't afford to have your feet go dead for multiple seconds in order to Lacerate. I experimented a bit with a Vaal Doublestrike setup in my chest as well, but the reliability of the Warchief won out over the high burst damage potential.
Editado por útlima vez por asonenine en 7 ago. 2018 12:42:57
"
asonenine escribió:

Preeettttty pumped. It took a few sets and a few portals, but I managed to get an Uber Elder kill. I wasn't sure I would be able to do it, but I went with an Uber Elder service a few weeks back and doing so left a bad taste in my mouth. I really wanted to prove to myself that I could handle my own business. That's probably it with me for POE for a bit haha, but want to thank Demi for the guide again. Took me from being totally new to POE at the start of Incursion to clearing the hardest stuff in the game.

Here's the gear I managed to score the kill with.

Giving up the 4 Link for Kaom's Roots helped with the fight a whole ton. Instead of putting me in a situation where I was fighting a losing battle to stay alive when Elder did the slow, it allowed me to basically wail on whoever the current target was for free.

I decided to keep Bloodrage socketed over a 6 link Warchief, but I'm not really sure that was the right call. Didn't fully expect to get the kill when I did, so I was kind of messing with setups a bit. Felt like the extra attack speed may have gotten me out of some sticky situations at times, but the Warchief was a huge source of reliable damage for me throughout the fight. For me, the biggest problem in the fight was the inability to deal damage while moving with Lacerate. A well placed Warchief keeps the fight moving towards the desire conclusion when you can't afford to have your feet go dead for multiple seconds in order to Lacerate. I experimented a bit with a Vaal Doublestrike setup in my chest as well, but the reliability of the Warchief won out over the high burst damage potential.

im so proud of you.

i used cyclone to take down uber elder, felt a lot smoother than multistrike. good job regardless and i hope everyone else can learn something from you lol
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
Demi and gang!

Just wanted to drop in and say hello and thanks for your excellent builds and videos. I enjoy them a great deal and have learned a good bit along the way. I generally prefer your builds/vids and Engineering Eternity's as well. I'm currently recreating your Lacerate build and doing so on Standard where I typically don't play, but after watching some of your vids and listening to your argument on why you did so, I figured I would give it a try as well.

I started last night and had a few bits of gear I could start with to twink him a little bit and make things easier to start. Namely the helm and two rings and most recently the axe for a psuedo 5-link.
Swapping in an Elreons ring shortly to maintain uptime and another quicksilver to smooth out the leveling. I look forward to sharing the build and experiences with you as I grow him. I hope to bump into you in game sometime.

QUESTION:

HOW GOOD WILL HERALD OF PURITY BE WITH THIS BUILD?

Thanks Demi
Editado por útlima vez por WithLoveEarL en 22 ago. 2018 0:17:49
"Cannot be stunned: YES"

I'm getting stunned all the time. What am I missing here? D:
hi demi !
i want know how much u have in your lacerate DPS without any buff
i followed your build and i get 46k dps without buffs so i just started to think how many you have
thanks bro
"
Djoepp escribió:
hi demi !
i want know how much u have in your lacerate DPS without any buff
i followed your build and i get 46k dps without buffs so i just started to think how many you have
thanks bro

i wanna say about 80-90k
"
TheQbix escribió:
"Cannot be stunned: YES"

I'm getting stunned all the time. What am I missing here? D:

Slayer was big-time nerfed when they moved the stun immunity from Brutal Ferver into the most useless Overwhelm notable.
thanks for this.

made it all the way to tier 14+ maps solo and further in groups. stuck at lvl 91 because i can't avoid boss 1 shot mechanics. reflexes go away after you pass 50 years old.

very fun build, especially with a Starforge and +40% lacerate damage helm enchant.

Editado por útlima vez por HSMagnet en 27 ago. 2018 14:13:01
updated to 3.4

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional