[3.7] Frosty Duelist - Dual Wielding Frost Blades

Hello I was wondering if you had any advice for my character, ive been constantly upgrading my gear as I could but now I feel like I'm at a hump I cannot seem to get over. I'm able to clear most content but I just died on my first guardian run because I didn't really know the mechanics but my goal is to beat shaper. Right now my dps in POB is around 2.25mil and I feel the only way to increase that is to get really expensive swords. If you could, could you please take a look at my toon and see if there is anything I could possibly upgrade to reach my goals of beating shaper at least one time lol.
Thanks for the great build!
I started PoE again in Abyss league, but I didn't get past T11 maps due to the squishyness of my characters back then, but this league I tried out this build and I've been absolutely loving it. Mobility is great, survivability is decent and damage in decent. Even managed to kill Shaper on my 2nd try a few days back for the first time.

Biggest reason why I loved this build was due to the possibility of running this in SSF-style, although I didn't tie my character to that mode, I like playing it in that style more. The feeling of getting an upgrade yourself just feels amazing, you know? =D

Mananged to kill Shaper guardians and red tier Elder with gear that I came by myself, and after I got a mirror from Perandus, I decided to buy a few new stuff. I've linked my PoB below.

A few changes I did to the skills though; I put CWDT(20) to my Ice Golem(20+Minion life) to try that out, and previously I had Faster Casting attached to it too. Seems to work decently, but most of the times my golem just stands in AoE and kills himself so it's more down than up regardless of CWDT level. Will be trying out how Frost Bomb could work in this as a replacement, since previously I didn't find a good spot in my skill tree for the spell.

GEAR

EDIT: Might as well give my PoB
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/d4BC9Taf
Editado por útlima vez por TheJmJ en 30 abr. 2018 10:10:43
Hi, Glad you like it and it worked for you! Like your watcher's eye :)

HI mate, thanks for ur build !

i've 5600 hp 2.9M dps 73% chance to evade and 56% reduc phys

my setup here :
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/m5h1PNZQ

I trying to corrup my amu for +1 additional curse (with shaper ring assassin's mark on hit + frost bite) or frenzy charge.
Ill test with the farrul fur body armor (frenzy and power charge all time are nice boost for uber boss)
but it's very expenssive ^^

elder (1~2min cause phase)
t16 boss (10~30s)
shaper 1~2 attack per phase
uber elder (to hard for the monment)

"
llellouch escribió:
HI mate, thanks for ur build !

i've 5600 hp 2.9M dps 73% chance to evade and 56% reduc phys

my setup here :
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/m5h1PNZQ

I trying to corrup my amu for +1 additional curse (with shaper ring assassin's mark on hit + frost bite) or frenzy charge.
Ill test with the farrul fur body armor (frenzy and power charge all time are nice boost for uber boss)
but it's very expenssive ^^

elder (1~2min cause phase)
t16 boss (10~30s)
shaper 1~2 attack per phase
uber elder (to hard for the monment)

Hi, glad you like it. How did you you go with dual curse and farrul's fur? :)
I bought an uber elder kill :) (Elder I find easy but shaper I killed 5 times this league best I did was 1 death (others do him deathless with this build I just suck at him :) ))

How will this build perform as a leaguestarter? I've tried leaguestarting as a frostblade raider and I got stuck at low tier red maps due to low single target and spiky deaths due being evasion/dodge based. Can anyone share their experience on this?
"
HouManAh escribió:
How will this build perform as a leaguestarter? I've tried leaguestarting as a frostblade raider and I got stuck at low tier red maps due to low single target and spiky deaths due being evasion/dodge based. Can anyone share their experience on this?

Hi, I use it as a league starter every league :)

I'd rate as about middle of the range for ease of starting. The scion is the easier league starter as it pulls resists early, it gets weaker around the middle because of the scion ascendancies and then catches up in the 80's. The duelist is a bit more balanced in leveling and has better armor all the way through. I get annoyed in the late 50's waiting for scaeva / ahns might :) and balancing resists after kitava. Scaeva / Ahns can take you through to shaper but I prefer a couple of good rapiers which I dont usually have the money for until the mid-late 80's. Focus for the build is single target so doesnt have a problem there (but doesnt get chain etc that the ranger/claws can give so a little less clear speed)

your thoughts on comparing frost blades (champion) vs reave/bladeflurry levelling (gladiator) for a league starter? reave/bladeflurry has always been my go-to leaguestarter but im thinking of changing things up a bit.

am even thinking of going yolo and spec into 2x Inspired Learnings for Zoomzoom map clear.

overall build looks interesting! also capping resists will be a pain with using so many uniques >.<
Editado por útlima vez por HouManAh en 24 may. 2018 0:11:02
"
HouManAh escribió:
your thoughts on comparing frost blades (champion) vs reave/bladeflurry levelling (gladiator) for a league starter? reave/bladeflurry has always been my go-to leaguestarter but im thinking of changing things up a bit.

am even thinking of going yolo and spec into 2x Inspired Learnings for Zoomzoom map clear.

overall build looks interesting! also capping resists will be a pain with using so many uniques >.<

Sorry I've never played reave or bladeflurry so dont really know
From OP about Gear:

"
2 x Ahn's might These are great but we dont want frenzy charges while using them. For the price these are excellent until high levels but it means not using blood rage or using the pacifism jewel to cut the frenzies.

Why don't we want Frenzy charges?

<edit>

Oh ... you mean if we use these swords they would work better if we didn't have Frenzy charges. Sorry ... I initially read it was we don't want Frenzy charges /therefore/ this sword isn't good. My bad.
Editado por útlima vez por zedzed_uk en 28 may. 2018 6:02:12

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional