[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
khachavippoe escribió:
Hi, about the gem setup, there are too many skills to use: Ancestral warchief, blood rage, lightning golem (which is die all the time and we have to summon it again), leap slam, enduring cry, vaal lightning trap. So there are 6 skills to use in every fight + 5 flask, isn't it uncomfortable?
Or maybe it's just for the stats and you dont have to use it all the time?
And is it correct that if i have the red dream jewel i dont need enduring cry or i need it on socket but not require using it?

Dump enduring cry. Dump the golem. Both bring nothing to the build. Boost the warchief instead. You don’t need Vaal lightning either. You do so much damage that even the Shaper gets melted.

That simplifies the build and makes playing a lot more streamline.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
khachavippoe escribió:
Hi, about the gem setup, there are too many skills to use: Ancestral warchief, blood rage, lightning golem (which is die all the time and we have to summon it again), leap slam, enduring cry, vaal lightning trap. So there are 6 skills to use in every fight + 5 flask, isn't it uncomfortable?
And is it correct that if i have the red dream jewel i dont need enduring cry or i need it on socket but not require using it?

Ancestral Warchief is nice extra boss DPS. Usually not critical to have up. Lightning golem at lvl 20 dies, but you can easily resummon between packs/boss charge phases. Enduring Cry is just extra tankiness, didn't need it on any maps below T15. Vaal Lightning Trap is also extra boss dmg (shocked effect). Leap slam is only for movement.
You are fine using only Cyclone and Leap slam most of the time. Almost all other skills are for beefy fights.
For flasks, well, I think every minmaxed char wants to have at least 4 flasks up all the time... So I wouldn't say that differs in this build to any other build.

A question from my side: Are steel rings worth crafting with alts or am I better of saving for Opals?
Editado por útlima vez por vanbetulla en 25 dic. 2017 19:13:43
"
Rashx7 escribió:
"
Looking for upgrade and suggestions also would like to know Dying sun or Taste of hate? Which one first?

Editado por útlima vez por Rashx7 en 25 dic. 2017 19:23:58
"
elbowndg escribió:
Okay, i have changed ring and amu for new one as you suggested.
And i have changed my old belt to rustic sash:

Also i have put one point in iron reflexes
Now uber izaro is really easy

But now i have question if i have now with iron reflexes 8k armor should i still use granite flask?

I would still use a granite flask for Uber lab, especially if it is Lion's Roar.

"
SirLimbo escribió:

Okay thank you, my character tab should now be unhidden.

You can consider replacing your helm with Devoto for more attack and movement speed, or replacing it with Starkonja for attack speed and more life.

Your gloves are without life roll. You will want to replace that with a new pair that gives you high life roll. Something similar to this:

With changes to single elemental reflect mob in 3.1, you no longer need a magical ruby flask. You can replace your ruby flask with Wise's Oak or Dying Sun.

"
adlrus escribió:

Xoph + Watcher's Eye (Anger) And which ones to leave auras and curses?

You can drop Flammability.

"
Rashx7 escribió:

Do not buy Xoph for 9-10 ex and waste ur money. Buy Impresence + Watcher's Eye. If you have enough currency go for 6L Chest.

Watcher's Eye > Impresence > Xoph for me by a far margin when u think about their costs.

Xoph's Blood + Watcher's Eye provides the most damage output and for players who are pushing for min/max gears.

Otherwise, Impresence + Watcher's Eye is great for players who want to go for value over cost. :)

"
Norwind escribió:
I need some serious help. Im new to the league and I just dont have enough currency to get rolling. Would anyone take a look at my gear and recommend cheap uniques I can look into to get while aiming for final items? I also screwed up my character earlier by taking Oak instead of killing the bandits (I plan to swap it later)

Much thanks guys

Your rings are nice. You can craft life roll on them and they are good to go. You would want to replace your amulet, boots and belt.

Use a rare belt that gives high life roll and good resistance.

Windscream boots is best coupled with Belly chest, so you can replace that with a high life roll pair of rare boots too.

Instead of Tabula, you can consider running at least a 4L Bronn. I have cleared Uber lab full key run using a 4L Bronn without issues.

You can roll attack speed on your gloves.

Also, check out the budget flask section in the guide. Follow the flasks setup as they provide great survivability for uber lab runs.

"
fentowninya escribió:
First off wanted to say great build. I wanted to get your thoughts on some theory crafting i have been doing. i have been mostly using your guide for path tree and items but wanted to use molten strike and cyclone. I ended up buying a hungry loop ring for a 5 link cyclone (mostly for clearing maps) and putting my molten strike in my 6 link. just wanted to get your thoughts on this. great guide once again

Yes. You can certainly setup Molten Strike in your 6L chest for single target damage and Cyclone on Hungry Loop.

You can refer to post #2 "Single Target with Molten Strike as Main Attack " for various chest setup, or you can try the following setup on a 3R2B1G chest:

Molten Strike + Melee Physical + Multistrike + Elemental Focus + Concentrated + Physical Projectile Attack

"
nanpuka escribió:
everyone advise concentrated effect in 6 socket ngamahu, what if replase on other gem, area of effect will be much larger, or i even dont notice?

You want Concentrated gem in Ngamahu axe to fully benefit from Point Blank skill node for the extra 50% damage.

"
Vakturion escribió:
Decided today was the day to do the guardians and Shaper for the first time. Died to each guardian twice (rookie mistakes) and died to Shaper 4 times (also silly mistakes).

I've also done 154/157 maps as of the moment, I breeze through the red maps with ease. I'm gonna give Vaal temple a shot next.

Thanks for the build mate :)

Congrats on the Shaper clear, especially on the 154/157 completion. I hope I can achieve something similar in this SSF league too. :)

"
jim_Bonks escribió:
Would anyone mind posting some of their gear they used when killing shaper or uber Atziri?

It is already listed in the guide. Check that out. :)

"
tanbao escribió:
Why is no one using Added Fire Support for Cyclone? Gives me 18K DPS on Cyclone ...Forify gives me 4K ...

Mainly for permanent uptime of Fortify. You can certainly link Added Fire to Cyclone and have fortify on Leap Slam if you are comfortable with that play style.

"
Djangooo escribió:
I crafted a BBB-RR-G bronns. In path of building Chance to Ignite deals more DPS than Added Fire damage. The 6th link would increase my DPS with 150k damage on avg. So I don't really want to ruin that BBB bronns. Added fire damage would do 620k on cyclone, ignite chance about 630k.

How come the chance to ignite gem does so much DPS for our build, even though I'm already using Flammability? I really don't get it. Is path of building wrong?

I'm using Fortify on my leapslam.

Whats your 3B2R1G setup? Added Fire should provide more damage than Chance to Ignite.

"
v0l1m4rr escribió:
my ngamahy, face tank shaper and gvuards, 8mod t16. 4100 laif leech regen per second. all content easy.200-1200k dps shaper just random with molten burst.
For more survive just up lvl and learn +5% max life and life leech up to 4600-5k per seconds.
ps. skip map mods - less recovery 60%, no life leech and elemental reflect on t16.
*pasterbin - https://pastebin.com/9zyR08hK i have one abus jewel on fire dmg with axe and max life38*

I see that you are running Vaal Pact and using Watcher's Eye. :)

Some of your jewels will need some upgrade (I see wand damage on them) but still, congrats on tanking and killing Shaper!

You can also look for Abyssal Jewels that provide:
- flat life
- flat physical damage
- 2% penetration if you have not killed recently
- increased % damage against abyssal mob

"
xslasherz escribió:
Looking for upgrade.

Spoiler

Im following the tree with avatar of fire. I feel like i'm squishy, standing at 6674 hp. Lack of damage/leech for some boss.

I'm halfway through to buy xoph's blood amulet. The Exalted and xoph blood is getting expensive, thus make my progress slower than ever.

It's there something cheaper i can upgrade first?

You can consider running Enfeeble instead of Flammability for leveling. This will increase your effective life pool by 30%.

Replacing Carnage Heart with a high life roll rare amulet will also improve your toughness. The new Impresence amulet is a great choice too.

Check out the flask section, you might want to follow the setup listed in there for more survivability.

"
Norwind escribió:
If anyone can take a look at my profile and give me some advice on what the next priority on which item to buy next? Maybe a carcass jack? I will only be able to get 4 link at best

You can definitely run Carcass Jack. As I mentioned to another post of yours, I completed uber lab full key run using just a 4L Bronn.

"
jujib3z escribió:
are people using vaal pact with this build? i couldn't find it on the skill tree (i'm a bit of a newb.)

also i tried following the build as best i can, but being sort of new to games like this it wasn't as easy as it is for others- i had a lot of questions and shit i had to research and read and i'm sure i missed a shitload.

in the spirit of christmas.. could someone take a look at my char/profile and give me advice on what i can do to better myself? items/different gem combos/etc. i am sitting on about 9e. and i don't really know what to spend it on (only know that i have to upgrade a lot of shit).

i'm thinking my next move is getting a couple opal rings until i decide i want to go in on xophs? if someone could analyze all the things i could/should do to improve my char i'd appreciate it. im pretty lost.

Besides what @Jkurs said, I would add that Vaal Pact is a personal preference kind of thing. You can certainly run the build fine without but if you feel there is a lack in leech on your character, you can definitely pick it up and test it out. :)

On your gears, I would replace the belt with a better life roll version. Consider switching Carnage Heart too to something similar to what I am using in the mean time:

Your flasks certainly shows the holiday mood in you. They are so colorful. ;)

Check out the flasks section for recommended rolls and setup for the build.

Get Bloodless on your skill tree. It gives 8% life for 1 point of skill investment.

While you are at it, also pick up Iron Grip. Your molten balls are missing damage from that single point of skill investment.

"
khachavippoe escribió:

You don't have to use them all the time. Vaal Lightning Trap is mainly for boss fights and you can certainly drop this.

Skills that you listed and I personally use most of the time are: Leap, Ancestral, Blood Rage, Enduring Cry, Golem

Golem and Ancestral are great mob lure. They can attract some of the attention from you giving you room to breath during intense fight.

"
jujib3z escribió:
the recommended flask setup- how do you deal with curses?

Anti-curse granite flask.

"
vanbetulla escribió:

A question from my side: Are steel rings worth crafting with alts or am I better of saving for Opals?

With Watcher's Eye (extra fire from physical with Anger), Steel rings are great now. :)

"
Rashx7 escribió:
Looking for upgrade and suggestions also would like to know Dying sun or Taste of hate? Which one first?

Spoiler

I would go for Taste of Hate first for more toughness but either is fine.

Looking at your profile, your gears are in very good shape. You can consider using an anti-curse granite flask during mapping instead of Lion's Roar (use this in Uber Lab and bosses that don't get knocked back).
For those using taste of hate, how do you have enough fire res to use wise oak? Should I just swap out my wise oak for lion's roar until I can get a dying sun to use wise oak effect while using taste of hate?
Editado por útlima vez por Shijimiq en 24 abr. 2020 18:07:27
So I'm sitting on about 10 exalt at the moment and I'm trying to figure out what I should be looking to spend it on to improve the build. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If someone could also check my socketed gems and make sure I'm running the most optimally that'd be great too. Really appreciate the help.

Editado por útlima vez por jujib3z en 25 dic. 2017 22:18:49
"
vanbetulla escribió:

Opal rings generate about 1% more damage than a steel ring (25% ele dmg vs. 4 to 14 phys dmg).
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Jkurs escribió:
"
xslasherz escribió:
Looking for upgrade.

Im following the tree with avatar of fire. I feel like i'm squishy, standing at 6674 hp. Lack of damage/leech for some boss.

I'm halfway through to buy xoph's blood amulet. The Exalted and xoph blood is getting expensive, thus make my progress slower than ever.

It's there something cheaper i can upgrade first?

I notice that you opted in for Belly of the Beast route. Although, at first I thought that it would be better I felt that once I switched I would have way less damage - which means that when you leech your leech amounts will be smaller than if you were using a brons. Because Brons gives you a bunch more damage, your leech becomes much better. If you decide to switch to Brons, you will most likely want to switch into Iron Reflexes. If you notice that your leech is still not good enough, try vaal pact. When you run uber lab you will probably want to regret vaal pact temporarily.

I would also like to note that your gloves and boots have pretty low armor levels. You might be able to get better for not too much. On your boots you really dont need more than 15% movement speed which vastly reduces the cost of boots. Your gloves are really nice as far as prefixes/suffixes but the armor level is kinda low. I don't run Attack speed on my gloves mostly because its expensive and I could find a decent pair of higher armor level gloves with good resists/life/int. I can faceroll all mobs t14-t16 maps no problem(I do have xophs, though). I might also suggest getting a wise oak, they arent too expensive and they give you an okay defense/offense.

With a brons you run about 6.5k-7k hp when fully hp optimized gear.

Thanks for the hindsight. I was thinking about bronns 5L, but the thing that is holding me back is the colour of the socket, it will be very expensive to roll a suitable color. What do you think maybe buy a impresence amulet first to boost the damage temporary

Impresence amulet > bronn 5L with the right colour > xoph blood. What do you think about this upgrade order?
Hey Kira, could you also take a look at my gear? I think most of it looks okay, but any suggestions are always welcome :)

I'm considering a switch to Watcher's Eye + Essence Worm, but I'm kinda hesitant, since I'd loose a bit of dps from one of my opal rings & at least one of my resists will drop a bit below the cap.

I'm also eyeballing The Red Dream, which points do you suggest to move from the tree for the resists? (funny thing is if I'd take the res for Red Dream I think I could drop one of the rings for Worm & still stay capped). I really suck at using the Enduring Cry.

What I have on my TO GET list is Dying Sun, Devoto's with a proper enchant (bought myself a near perfect one and I'm running a couple labs each day), Red Dream and maybe Watcher's Eye (I'm still not sold on this).

I'm confused about one thing - if I have a Xoph's Blood should I be running Flammability?

Are there any gems benefitting from a good rolled corruption, besides Herald of Ash?

I currently have only one problem (that I'm aware) - I'm terribly behind on intelligence, and I had to dedicated 4 passives to meet the gems' requirements. And we're talking 109 int points :( I think I'll try to get some better jewels.

BTW Jewels - which are currently a better option - a flat dmg/axe-dmg abyssal ones, or the usual rare jewels with % bonuses?

Anyways, thanks a lot Kira, I've been playing this build each league since I've started PoE in breach, but this is the first time I think I'll be able to reach the endgame & kill the shaper :)

EDIT: I've bought a Watcher's Eye, I'll try to migrate to it soonish.
Editado por útlima vez por viray en 26 dic. 2017 8:45:06

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional