[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
23083860 escribió:
Spoiler

unbuff 23k dps
full buff 44k dps cleave + conc effect

how can boost more damage pls

No quality on gems.
No Ancestral Protector (why Warchief?).
No flat Phys on one Ring and low flat Phys on the other (why WED tho?).
No enchant on BoR.

And I didn't/couldn't look at your tree, but are you using 4x good Jewels?
I found one with 6 ASPD / 3 with double DMG/Life the best combo.

You also had pretty neat Gloves, but kinda ruined them by overwriting their implicit with a lame lab enchant.

Editado por útlima vez por Jay___ en 16 oct. 2016 20:50:35
Quoted from Patch Note:
In the Racecourse map, the Crusher of Gladiators now only reflects 15% of damage taken, rather than 75%. He now correctly displays that he casts a Damage Reflection ability.

I guess this is why the bull boss is so deadly (I died twice fighting it :-))
Finally got to 70 and I am starting to work on resistances and the rest of my gear. I still have 8 Skill Points to assign too.

The final Skill Tree doesn't include Amplify, I thought this was a new thing that was worth getting, or is this not the case.
How important is a higher dps soul taker? this is mine:

Rarity: Unique
Soul Taker
Siege Axe
--------
One Handed Axe
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Physical Damage: 100-187 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 5.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.85 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 67
Str: 148
Dex: 92
Int: 64
--------
Sockets: R-R-G
--------
Item Level: 70
--------
117% increased Physical Damage
Adds 10 to 20 Physical Damage
23% increased Attack Speed
+24% to Cold Resistance
Insufficient Mana doesn't prevent your Melee Attacks
Your Physical Damage can Chill
--------
It is too easy for the soul to escape from an open heart.
--------
Has Vampiric Weapon Effect

I can buy the best ones on poe trade right now, but I am wondering how high the priority is, for example my rings are pretty meh:

Rarity: Rare
Chimeric Spiral
Two-Stone Ring
--------
Requirements:
Level: 63
--------
Item Level: 81
--------
+16% to Fire and Cold Resistances
--------
Adds 3 to 7 Physical Damage to Attacks
+73 to maximum Life
64% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
+39% to Lightning Resistance
+22% to Cold Resistance

Rarity: Rare
Damnation Gyre
Iron Ring
--------
Requirements:
Level: 64
--------
Item Level: 85
--------
Adds 1 to 4 Physical Damage to Attacks
--------
+76 to maximum Life
+15 to maximum Mana
61% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
+34% to Chaos Resistance
+21 to Dexterity

Should I upgrade these first? sorry for the nooby questions, I'm still pretty new and learning a lot :)

Also I should mention this is in ESC
Editado por útlima vez por HOLLA en 17 oct. 2016 10:57:56
"
Venezuela escribió:
Hey I'm just wondering if a Ice Crash ~ Champion version of this build could work? and maybe some tweaks here and there to compensate the lost of block chance from Gladiator?

I guess Ice Crash will perform good enough with this build, but I don't play with it in deep, so I can't assure how good will be. About going Champion, is a really big change that will take you to a different route from what this build is meant to: full block attack/spells capabilities. Trying to reach that kind of block without Gladiator ascendancy will compromise a lot of things on a different ascendancy class.

"
Jay___ escribió:
Came here just to thank you for this build.

I never would've imagined in my wildest dreams that a 1h + full block char would be this fun and still have this much damage.

Let me preface this by saying I started poe about a week before Prophecy ended, played an Earthquake Champion - and didn't like it.
Started Essence as a Bow char - which got me pretty depressed when I hit a giant wall that's called t13+ maps. It just really wasn't fun if you get killed by....almost anything, even if you do your best.

Rerolled this char - without expecting too much from it - and I'm so damn happy with it.

I can play almost any map mod with _very_ few exceptions (Blood Magic).
Phys/Ele-reflect? No problem.
Elemental weakness? Pah! I'm overcapped like mad.
Temp Chains? I'll just swap one ring for Time Clasp and be fine, as long as the map doesn't have ele weakness on top.
Maps with Chaos dmg? I change one ring to Ming's Heart. Done.

The only downside are degens, which you can avoid by just not standing in them.

Just yesterday I finished my first corrupted t15 - the boss felt more like T10.

I have to say I was a bit lucky with my rings, just for fun used a Chaos on each and got pretty good mods on them. And then I even found a Taste of Hate in an unchisel'd T11 when I tested my new damage with them.
And I got my enchant on BoR on first try.
So I'm pretty good for now. =)

For the ones interested in or thinking about the build: Go for it. You won't be disappointed.

My current Gear:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jay___/characters
Character is "gladirofler".

Some screenshots:
Unbuffed DPS: http://imgur.com/a/WaWT4
Buffed DPS without Frenzy Charges/Onslaught: http://imgur.com/a/7RySH
Unbuffed Defence: http://imgur.com/a/G8Gw7
Buffed Defence without Flasks: http://imgur.com/a/EvzgW

I really appreciate all you said about this build, I'm really glad that others find this build as enjoyable as it is for me. I came back to this build to play the whole Atlas for the first time and it was such fun. And thanks to this Q&A, it got a lot of improvements on this league.

"
witness531 escribió:
Hi,I got one question.Is it necessary to link with "Fortify" in exchange for "ADD Fire" to get more tankier when using "Static Strike" on Higher maps? Thanks for reply.

Not at all. I never used Fortify linked to Static Strike setup. Just get used to activate it with a Shield Charge and that's it.
"
fievelgoespostal escribió:
Love the build! I just converted my character over. I still have to upgrade my rings and gloves and redo my Bandit choices, as well as work on my jewels..but its still working great.

Couple of questions for anyone who may know... how many endurance charges should I be proccing? Right now, its only when sometimes when I jump into the middle of a big pack..and its due to my BoR.

Will Cast Endurance Charge On Melee Stun work with Leap Slam? Or only shield charge? Leap slam is knock back..but not sure if it qualifies as a stun.

Endurance Charge generation is not that great. As you stated, you rely on BoR and is not good enough if you expect to keep up all of them all time. ECoMS works, but you will not stun bosses, so is kinda poor. You could use Warlord's Mark but again, only will help you against mobs.

Truth is that I didn't care a lot about Endurance Charges, is just another way to improve your damage reduction, but not the main issue here.
"
Bashmaistora escribió:
I have a different question, I corrupted my anvil and got +1 curses, so my question is what curse auras would you suggest using instead of herald of ash and hatred. Perhaps Conductivity and Vulnerability?

Imo, if I got an Anvil with +1 curses, I sell it right away and improve all my gear as much as I can. But, trying to answer your question, I don't feel like exchanging Hatred will be a good choice. Damage boost is so much, difficult to compensate. I assume you're using Static Strike, so I guess I will prefer Elemental Weakness over Conductivity (if you keep Hatred and Added Fire Damage, you do a lot of elemental damage that is not Lightning).

Maybe trying to fit a CoH setup that could work over Blasphemy. Enfeeble and Warlord's Mark are great improvements to survivability, maybe pick one of these and EW. With Static Strike physical damage is poor, so I don't think Vulnerability as the best choice.
"
cr4ck4r escribió:
Can someone show me that this build is guardian viable ? video maybe ? :)
I love aegis maxblock builds, but not sure if it can farm guardians/uber izaro without problems...

I don't have videos about Guardians, just the Boss Tips section with my experience against them. Uber Izaro is no problem at all, you just facetank him. About Guardians, with the tips explained on that section plus getting Violent Retaliation, I think you will find it good enough. But, don't expect a really high damage build, damage is good enough for dealing with any boss (with the exception of Shaper) but block and survivability was the priority making this build (and low budget too).

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional