Block incin and stuff *Discontinued due to Incinerate nerfs*

"
cyryc escribió:
"
yotmato escribió:
"
Kuratti escribió:
Dear Yotmato,

would you be so kind as to write up a more detailed guide on leveling this char up ( leveling tree, gems used or ones that can be used instead flame totem and mines ). At least, more information if you feel up for it. As I understood, your final passive tree is not the one I should follow when leveling up from 1 onwards?

There is already a leveling section with multiple low level trees. Seriously I don't have the ultimate last word in whats the best for leveling. There is a shitton of skills available that can be bought from the vendor, just experiment a little bit and find what suits you the most.

Just because flame totem is getting nerfed a bit, doesn't mean it will be unusable jesus, you people, just chill a bit.

For example at some point during last wipe, I was using 5 different skills while leveling to test and they all felt more than fine.

Dont be afraid to get your hands dirty a little bit, and experiment with the vendor gems, this is not like before, where you take one quest reward and you're screwed if you make the wrong choice.

If you want what will most likely be the new cookie cutter setup, my bet would be in decoy totem + fire trap + flameblast, and even if it isnt, thats a ridiculos combo, new buffed decoy totem tanks and taunts like a champ and flameblast still one shots screens like i said.

We have till Friday to test out. :)

But im afraid they gonna touch a little bit in the incinerate itself.

:(

Nahh, incinerate is safe, is just that 99% of casters are abusing flame totem atm
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
"
yotmato escribió:

Nahh, incinerate is safe, is just that 99% of casters are abusing flame totem atm

Praise the lord!

:)

Prob they gonna nerf FT only in the launch. So, gonna try going with the Ancestral Bond FT to level up. If not, gonna try the Decoy + FB.

Didnt know Decoy was that tanky.

I plan to start as marauder, get to lvl 4 for the FT and Fire trap. Then start our Scion.

How many respect points we get now from beating Act 4 in Merciless? In Live we get 18 right?

Wanna plan the respect´s from the leveling build to the fewer jewels tree.
"
cyryc escribió:
"
yotmato escribió:

Praise the lord!

:)

Prob they gonna nerf FT only in the launch. So, gonna try going with the Ancestral Bond FT to level up. If not, gonna try the Decoy + FB.

Didnt know Decoy was that tanky.

I plan to start as marauder, get to lvl 4 for the FT and Fire trap. Then start our Scion.

How many respect points we get now from beating Act 4 in Merciless? In Live we get 18 right?

Wanna plan the respect´s from the leveling build to the fewer jewels tree.

I was using decoy totem level 18 with no quality in the alluring abyss, and it was tanking 2-3 hits before going down, cursing with temp chains instead of an offensive curse helps aswell.

I bet GGG thought people would massively use Decoy totem at first, well thats whats going to happen if FT its unusable for leveling (which i doubt it will be)
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
Editado por útlima vez por yotmato en 7 jul. 2015 10:45:14
Sorry im new and thinking of using this build when awakening releases im wondering why we are not picking into Diamond Skin(15 to all res) its just 1 point.
"
Duba escribió:
Sorry im new and thinking of using this build when awakening releases im wondering why we are not picking into Diamond Skin(15 to all res) its just 1 point.

Its a waste of a point. You can cover that with cheap upgrades into your gear.

Every point really matters in PoE builds.
"
cyryc escribió:
"
Duba escribió:

Its a waste of a point. You can cover that with cheap upgrades into your gear.

Every point really matters in PoE builds.

At end game you want to save the points for better nodes and pick up resists on gear, but I wouldn't be afraid to pick up diamond skin while leveling. It really helps while leveling and you can switch it out with the free respec points when you get better gear at end game.
Really nice, if they don't change things I will play this in the new league.

What do you think about Lightning Warp linked to Cast when Damage taken? Incinerate has the problem that, whenever you stop casting it, the damage resets to the first stage, which is a pain if enemies move out of range or ranged attackers appear. With LW + CwDt you would teleport to the source of the damage, getting in range for Incinerate, without resetting the stages.

Of course this can result in wildly teleporting around, but with all that block, damage mitigation and leech you really shouldn't die from that.
"
Karkesh escribió:
Really nice, if they don't change things I will play this in the new league.

What do you think about Lightning Warp linked to Cast when Damage taken? Incinerate has the problem that, whenever you stop casting it, the damage resets to the first stage, which is a pain if enemies move out of range or ranged attackers appear. With LW + CwDt you would teleport to the source of the damage, getting in range for Incinerate, without resetting the stages.

Of course this can result in wildly teleporting around, but with all that block, damage mitigation and leech you really shouldn't die from that.

Sounds like a good way of getting a headache :D.

On a serious note, i dont know, i play HC so the idea of my character being uncontrollably teleported around doesnt appeal, + i need every gem socket, they are tight in 2.0
(✿◠‿◠)
nice guide, thanks!

a few questions though:

why aren't you using any golem? they seem quite useful for no investment (1 gem slot)?

what is the cwdt/firestorm/ball lightning/gmp setup for? shocking/igniting ennemies?

For the launch of the Awakening i'm looking for a build that can use some MF to make currencies in the beginning.

I was looking at PA but i don't like the mechanic of the skill and when i saw your build it feels like we can use MF a bit with it and still being safe.

I'd like to have around 20 IIQ / 100 IIR with :
- Goldwyrm
- 2 Andvarius or 1 and Auresize

Looks like i can grab some resist nodes if needed, what are your thoughts about it ?

Thx :)

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional