Block incin and stuff *Discontinued due to Incinerate nerfs*

"
Toxified escribió:
I dont know if this question has been answered already or not, but why use slower projectiles when you can use faster projectiles? Get the extra speed as well as the same amount of dmg and 10% cast speed if you have a 20%.

You only swap in slower projectiles for bosses as it gives the most dps (almost 30% more projectile damage on the gem). However for certain fights you might want to use faster projectiles. You don't use either of them in your usual 5L or even 6L setup.
"
Toxified escribió:
I dont know if this question has been answered already or not, but why use slower projectiles when you can use faster projectiles? Get the extra speed as well as the same amount of dmg and 10% cast speed if you have a 20%.

Just to be clear, faster projectiles adds "increased damage" while slower projectiles adds "more damage". The difference in wording may not seem like much, but all "increased damage" bonuses are added together to get your total increased damage %, then multiplied by each "More damage" one at a time. so 30% increased damage is equal to 30% of the base incinerate gem's listed damage, while 30% more damage is equal to 30% of the total damage you are doing.

(Quick example:)
incinerate gem lvl 19 = 134-200 fire damage per pulse
+100% more damage per stage
Assuming 50% spell damage rathpith, and a total of 100% other increased damage sources

134-200* 2.5 (150% total increased damage) = 335-500 damage
*200% (stage 2) = 670-1000 Damage
*200% (stage 3) = 1340-2000 Final Damage.

Adding faster projectiles looks like this:

134-200* 2.8 (150% + 30% from faster Proj.) = 375.2-560 *200% (stage 2) = 750.4-1120 *200% (stage 3) = 1500.8-2240 Final Damage

But adding Slower projectiles:

134-200* 2.5 = 335-500 * 200% (stage 2)=670-1000 damage * 200% (Stage 3) = 1340-2000 damage * 130% (slower projectiles) = 1742-2600 Final Damage

as you can see, slower projectiles adds more overall damage per pulse of the spell. Please note that these damage totals are per pulse, and with incinerate, pulses are more than 10 per second, thus the DPS for this is more than 10x these amounts. Also note that the tooltip DPS does not include the 2 stage-ups the spell does. Your tooltip DPS is therefore actually 1/4 your real DPS.

TLDR: Read just the bold parts.
Editado por útlima vez por BrownKnight en 13 ago. 2015 2:16:08
"
Thomasmgp escribió:
if you were doing this on Standard is there anything you would change? I just dont feel like I will need as much life nodes as you have.

Legacy Lightning Coil. :p

Otherwise, I'd say no. Deaths on standard still cost a TON of exp. at lvl 90+, so I'd still try to avoid them by playing as defensive as possible. You may choose to not swap the auras to PoL/Grace, and keep Anger/HoI instead, at least outside of Uber Atziri, but that is more a matter of play style than of needs. DPS with the core build can get over 75k, so it really does not need anything else there. Block is insane, life regen and life on hit through the roof, lots of life, plenty of other defenses... really what more could you ask for?

Congrats to OP, and all who have helped this build along. You have an amazing build here. Thank you for showing it off.
I'd like to know what people think are the minimum viable stats for taking down Uber Atziri.

Minimum health? ES? Amour/Eva? Block? DPS? Can a 5L do it? How much harder with level 20 incinerate and not 21?
is it possible to build this with a Witch?

hopefully saving some points? :D
Question. If I got Incinerate to 0 cost by using eleron rings, Could I just Grab Zealots Oath passive (Life Regeneration applys to energy Shield instead of life) and rely on that for my ES regain so I can drop the life leach gem?
Editado por útlima vez por blitzballer2201 en 13 ago. 2015 23:26:59
Just awesome playstyle ^^

just rushed through everything so far really different from my PA xD

i lucked a GG ring and I will try going a more offensive way i will post it in later lvls ,

"

Just asking myself why multi evasion equip ?
There are almost no bonus nodes .. we even have more % on Armour so why not AR/ES ?

mfg
Majin
Editado por útlima vez por Majin111 en 14 ago. 2015 2:33:47
"
Majin111 escribió:

Just asking myself why multi evasion equip ?
There are almost no bonus nodes .. we even have more % on Armour so why not AR/ES ?

30%armor = ~10% mitigation on hlvl maps
30%evade chance = 30%evade chance on hlvl maps

we use granite+%arm dur fla eff ~10k armor ~50%reduce ~ 20%mitigation
"
Alonfire escribió:
Did u consider using Iron Will instead of faster casting in a 6L?
Iron Will got a huge buff, no more reduced cast Speed,Spelldmg Quality and most importantly no mana multilpier.
The build got already over 250 str.

I would like to re ask this. Topic is to big to look for its reply.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Rathik2 escribió:
"
Alonfire escribió:
Did u consider using Iron Will instead of faster casting in a 6L?
Iron Will got a huge buff, no more reduced cast Speed,Spelldmg Quality and most importantly no mana multilpier.
The build got already over 250 str.

I would like to re ask this. Topic is to big to look for its reply.

20/20 iron will < 20/20 faster casting at high levels. at least i experienced over 88 lvl fc > iw.

otherwise u should have tons and tons of str to get a real benefit from iw. about 450/500 str.

with this str value dps with iw is about equal to that of fc.

with a value of 450-500 str, is more important life rise then the dps u got.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional