[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

Hey Fiver,

I'm now in the process of min-maxing this build, I've gotten all the essential stuff except for the watcher's eye which I'll get soon, but I wonder what I should improve next.
https://pastebin.com/VSqJjmT3

Now I've thought of a few things:
1. Getting a better claw with Penetrate Ele Res Or Chance for Double Damage
2. getting an Enlighten 3 which is really cheap, dropping the shield, getting one with more res (or like you have DD), getting a better Belt so I can craft/buy an assassins mark ring with Cold dmg and EDWAS
3. Getting the helmet enchant, which to my surprise doesn't add thaaat much dmg in PoB

What would you recommend for the best Dps increase? Im not even at half of your dps to my surprise.
And yeah obviously I have to get the build to 95 which I'll do in the next day.

Also one question: Do you just ignore the fact that you don't have curse removal?
Editado por útlima vez por TrafficLi9HT en 10 jul. 2019 4:41:29
"
DrBot escribió:

Found this for like 5c (similar ones are 30c now) and I think it's a good budget alternative to The Pandemonius. What do yall think?

Hyrri's Truth is definitely a good amulet. If you can't get a Pandemonius, Hyrri's Truth is a good option, for sure.

"
kaciuz17 escribió:
Funnest spec I've played in a long time. Had a Molten Strike / Frost Blades raider sitting around and this 100% revitalized him. Just wow-levels of fun. Great build, much appreciated.

I'm really glad you enjoy it!! :)

Don't panic.
"
TrafficLi9HT escribió:
Hey Fiver,

I'm now in the process of min-maxing this build, I've gotten all the essential stuff except for the watcher's eye which I'll get soon, but I wonder what I should improve next.
https://pastebin.com/VSqJjmT3

Now I've thought of a few things:
1. Getting a better claw with Penetrate Ele Res Or Chance for Double Damage
2. getting an Enlighten 3 which is really cheap, dropping the shield, getting one with more res (or like you have DD), getting a better Belt so I can craft/buy an assassins mark ring with Cold dmg and EDWAS
3. Getting the helmet enchant, which to my surprise doesn't add thaaat much dmg in PoB

What would you recommend for the best Dps increase? Im not even at half of your dps to my surprise.
And yeah obviously I have to get the build to 95 which I'll do in the next day.

Also one question: Do you just ignore the fact that you don't have curse removal?

1.A better claw is definitely something you could be looking at. Elemental penetration is an incredibly strong Prefix, and a 330pdps claw with penetration on it, would actually do more damage than yours (not by that much though), but crafting a claw like that is fairly easy.

2. You are right on the money here. I think this is a good idea. Crafting an AM ring isn't very hard actually. I might make a video on it (I'm on a roll, lol).

3. This is also a good idea, even though it might not be highest priority. It might not add that much by itself, but it makes future upgrades scale even better. Every little thing counts!
They are very expensive though...

Lastly, you are actually more than half of my DPS. You are sitting at around 5.4 million.

You need to make a substitute for multistrike whenever you check your DPS. Just add this to your Diamond Flask, by editing it manually:

44% more melee attack speed
30% less attack damage
10% increased melee physical damage
50% more damage

That is the equivalent of a lvl 20 multistrike (once they get it working properly in game lol. I hear people are still experiencing bugs with it).

I have a question. How is Ice Nova working for you? I assume you use it to clear monoliths, but is it powerful enough to kill stuff?
I like the idea of fitting that one in.

Don't panic.
Guide updated!

- Added section in skills on how to compensate for multistrike not working in PoB

https://gfycat.com/SmartBlackandwhiteGnatcatcher.gif

Don't panic.
"
I have a question. How is Ice Nova working for you? I assume you use it to clear monoliths, but is it powerful enough to kill stuff?

I have no clue how Ice Nova got in the mix there, it is not on my character lol.

And thanks for the tips. If I were to get an Assassins Mark ring, what do I do with the 4link that I would have available (If I didnt have portal and Ancestral Call/Ruthless in my shield cause im a lazy mofo? And also for grinding Elder Burial Chambers/Beach, would you recommend rather getting the Helmet Enchant on a Starkonja or Abyssus? I don't really plan on grinding Uber Elder or Shaper for that matter. Just the low tier monolith farm and Elder Maps for leveling/juice.

I think im gonna look into crafting that ring and upgrading my belt/shield next, I have about 5ex right now which hopefully should be enough if I hit AM fairly quickly. After that just Regal/Annul and multimod right?

Edit: it's a 3 link since I need to put enlighten somewhere.

Editado por útlima vez por TrafficLi9HT en 11 jul. 2019 6:03:49
Thanks for that build, rly like it, but i have a question about chaos res, cant find it on your items, doesnt it necessary or maybe im blind?
How can I improve my char survivability? Tell me If I am doing something wrong. ThiccHitter char name.
"
Hey thanks for the build again!
Got any suggestions as to how to finalize my build? I've been working on getting a watchers eye for the hatred and a Frostblades enchant on the helmet, but other than that, I'm not sure what else I can do to increase my output.
Last time you gave me suggestions, you recommended that I get more life, thus the starkonja's and my amulet, but I might be ready to get rid of the amulet at the moment.
additionally, how does damage work with Lion's Roar? Is sit just x% more damage added to the raw physical damage before it is converted into cold?
additionally, I read your jewel excerpt on what to look for in jewels, and got any suggestions as to how to upgrade my current jewels?

If you are trying to get a frost blades enchant, I think getting it on starkonjas is more important than abyssus.

Ok so basically, here's how conversion and damage calculation works.
Spoiler

Let's assume that before any modifiers we have 100 Physical DPS.

On our gear we get 50% increased physical damage, and 50% increased cold damage.
Obviously the cold damage doesn't do anything for us, so we only get the 50% extra damage from the increased physical modifier.
Which means we now have 150 Physical DPS.

Next scenario, we have 100 Physical DPS before modifiers.
We still have 50% increased phys and 50% increased cold from gear.
But this time we also have 100% physical damage converted to cold damage.

So this time we get both the bonuses. But the conversion from physical damage to cold damage happens before the modifiers are applied.
And the modifiers are added together before they are added to our dps.

So 100 Cold/Phys DPS + (50% inc physical damage + 50% inc cold damage) = 200 Cold DPS

Now same scenario, except this time we had 100 Phys DPS and 100 Cold DPS before any modifiers.

So from our original 100 physical DPS, we got a total of 200 cold DPS.

But then we also have the original cold dps to account for. Since this DPS never counted as physical, it only gets the bonus from the 50% increased cold damage.
And again, this is calculated before any other modifiers, and separately from the converted physical damage.
So 100 Cold DPS * (100% + 50%) = 150 Cold DPS

After these calculations, both of these are added together:
200 cold + 150 cold, and we have a total of 350 cold DPS.

The mod "More damage" is added after any modifiers but still separately for whatever tag it works with.
Which makes it an incredibly strong modifier.

So in the above scenario 100% more physical damage would give us 200 extra DPS
100 phys + 50% phys + 50% cold/phys = 200 * 2 = 400
+
100 cold + 50% cold = 150 cold
Total dps: 550

100% more cold damage would give us 350 extra DPS.
So 100 phys + 50 phys + 50 cold = 200 cold * 2 = 400
+
100 cold damage + 50 cold = 150 cold * 2 = 300
Total dps: 700

Basically, with 100% conversion, "#% more cold/elemental damage" is a better mod than "#% more physical damage", since it is applied after all conversions and increases, and at that point only a % of our damage gets bonuses from physical damage, but 100% of our damage is cold.

So in short Lion's roar adds 25% more melee physical damage to the original physical damage, after conversion and other bonuses (even cold modifiers if it has been converted from physical).

So if we take the scenario above
and say that we do a total of 200 cold/phys dps, and 150 pure cold dps, Lion's Roar would add 50 DPS.
That doesn't sound much in these small numbers, but remember, that's ONE flask doing that.
and if you are sitting at 2 million dps, those 25% from your converted physical damage is quite a lot, since our base damage is mostly physical.

As for your passive tree.
this is what it looks like

this is what I think it should look like

You lose a little damage, but gain about 600 life.

I would also consider replacing tombfist with shaper's touch. If you implement the changes I made to the passive tree they would give about 150 more life than tombfist. This is also a slight drop in damage, however.

But you are still in desperate need of life. (Because if the PoB I imported is correct, you are at about 4100 right?)

Don't panic.
Editado por útlima vez por Fiver en 11 jul. 2019 14:55:38
"
TrafficLi9HT escribió:
"

I have no clue how Ice Nova got in the mix there, it is not on my character lol.

And thanks for the tips. If I were to get an Assassins Mark ring, what do I do with the 4link that I would have available (If I didnt have portal and Ancestral Call/Ruthless in my shield cause im a lazy mofo? And also for grinding Elder Burial Chambers/Beach, would you recommend rather getting the Helmet Enchant on a Starkonja or Abyssus? I don't really plan on grinding Uber Elder or Shaper for that matter. Just the low tier monolith farm and Elder Maps for leveling/juice.

I think im gonna look into crafting that ring and upgrading my belt/shield next, I have about 5ex right now which hopefully should be enough if I hit AM fairly quickly. After that just Regal/Annul and multimod right?

Edit: it's a 3 link since I need to put enlighten somewhere.

I would recommend Starkonja rather than abyssus. You'll be using starkonja more.

I actually recorded a video yesterday on how to craft an AM ring, but I haven't bothered putting it together yet.
If you hit a AM mod without any prefix, don't add one before you regal.
Odds are you are just going to have to try to annul 2 mods instead of 1.

Don't panic.
"
Princeq escribió:
Thanks for that build, rly like it, but i have a question about chaos res, cant find it on your items, doesnt it necessary or maybe im blind?

You are correct, I haven't bothered getting any chaos resist.
It's a flaw that I make in most of my builds I guess, but I don't consider it a big enough problem for my survival.

Most damage you encounter is either physical or elemental.
And I already am prepared in advance when I encounter chaos damage, since I know what monsters use it already (there aren't THAT many).
So I'm just extra careful then.

Don't panic.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional