Crit Ele Split Ripper - Fastest map clearer? You decide! Up to 95 crit

"
SFXisMag1c escribió:
Hello everyone. Why does everyone use chain? Isn't the clear speed good enough with split arrow as it is? Wouldn't something like faster attacks be more useful?

Chain was solidly upgraded in 2.0: a level 20 Chain now does 31% LESS damage.

If there is only one target, you do 69% of the damage. No chain would be better. Then again, on single targets you tend to use another skill. Frenzy, though I am thinking to switch to Elemental Hit.

However, if you hit more targets, each target hit will generate two more hits (as it chains), for 209% of the damage. In addition, the chaining arrows also hit targets outside your firing arc, targets behind the original targets etc.

So Chain is nearly always better than Faster Atacks.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Why do so many people prefer tornado above SA? SA has more range and you kills entire screens in like a second, maybe 2 at most in solo high maps with mods. Tornado does more damage I'm sure but it's range/aoe... It's just not that good.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989
This build (from the community guides) claims to have the fastest clear speed possible. However, I'm not sure if that build is really faster than this build with SA. Can anyone confirm if that build is truly faster? Or if it really has more dps?
It probably has more singletarget dps because puncture just rocks. Therefor that build is prolly better for uber atziri. But I somewhat doubt if it can clear maps faster.

Also, that build dies to reflect and does not have the high IIQ/IIR this build has.
That build is only cheaper afaik, not better. My SA has 33k tooltip DPS. And I know that some stats are not updated in this tooltip, the actual damage is MUCH higher.
That combined with 50-93iiq/126iir, 95%/401% crit imo makes this build better for endgame.
Editado por útlima vez por silverdash en 28 jul. 2015 3:53:08
People (or myself) prefer Tornado shot because of it's versatility. TS is both map clearer and singletarget skill due to secondary arrows shotgun. New SA might be better for clearing, but it needs singletarget skill to kill bosses (tooltip dps of TS and SA is quite the same, I did some testing several pages before). And if you add pierce to TS by Jewels and tree it'll clear as fast, as SA.

Reflect is a problem even for wripper when dps is close to 60k, I don't notice it in MF setup with 25k dps, but dps setup with 55k+ can oneshot to thornflesh pack even with acuity.

As about Neversink's guide - it's meant to be suitable for everyone - from beginners with cheap phys bows (I killed Atziri in that build with Lioneye's for 10c) to top Glyph Mark cannons, whereas Windripper now is a very expensive option. Also mirrored phys bows will definetely give more dps than wripper (100k+ pre-patch, guess 150k+ in 2.0)
New SA is definitely the go-to however especially if you can afford two 6Ls, if you're on hardcore and using Kaom's Heart you may want to switch to TS as well.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Kharantir escribió:
Reflect is a problem even for wripper when dps is close to 60k, I don't notice it in MF setup with 25k dps, but dps setup with 55k+ can oneshot to thornflesh pack even with acuity.

Mmm, indeed you are right. Also physical would get better dps in the end. Wouldn't necessarily get you faster clearing though. Oneshot with 30-60k dps is same as oneshot with 1 million dps imo. Movespeed is a big factor here.

I currently oneshot white mobs and 2-shot most magic mobs even with double 60% elemental resist mods and such in quiet some 76 maps with only 33k dps and the burning finishes the ones off that I didn't insta kill. But 60k dps I will indeed never get unless I use some rare 6L epic bow. It would be total overkill for non-atziri and solo mapping. Especially with tornado. + you would die to reflect.

Tornado is nice for singletarget indeed. But I prefer to use 2x 6L, one for packs, one for single targets. Sadly, I still haven't found the best setup for singletarget damage with this build. Frenzy seems so sub-optimal still and it still takes like 10 seconds to kill a map boss, sometimes longer if they have massive resists. That's why I got the ele-weakness curse. But I still need to work on that.

A big problem with MF-build is: You don't get ur Gavels anymore to chance the mjolner and for getting chisels :(. They all drop blue/yellow... This cuts rather deep into my currency-pool.
Editado por útlima vez por silverdash en 28 jul. 2015 15:01:18
I think you underestimate your potential dps - as I see you don't use frenzy charges (no BR in gems, no +charges in tree) - and with it you lose about 20k dps. In my build (you can check it in profile) 6 frenzy & 3 power charges skyrocket my dps from 35k (hideout) to 54k. Also think about getting corrupted acuities (about 90ex, cheaper than wripper) - and use BR for frenzy charges and free 20% attack speed. There's a theme in ranger forum about split arrow wripper that gets 60k+ SA (90k+ fulbuffed).

As for singletarget - in my atziri runs I use frenzy, as it seems the most simple way to keep dps more than 100k while running and resummoning always dead golem.
Do you mean the acuity amulet? Because the acuity gloves only save me 1 passive.

Generally I'm just too lazy to get my frenzy charges up with single target dps while clearing or to recast BR all the time. Reason why I didn't use them. I know it cuts in my dps. I didn't know it was THAT much... I also don't understand how 6 frenzy charges can increase the dps by so much. My attack speed in the tooltip hardly changes at all with more attack speed at this point. Maybe 0.1 or 0.2 faster at max charges at most and the physical bonus is kinda useless.
"
silverdash escribió:
Do you mean the acuity amulet? Because the acuity gloves only save me 1 passive.

Generally I'm just too lazy to get my frenzy charges up with single target dps while clearing or to recast BR all the time. Reason why I didn't use them. I know it cuts in my dps. I didn't know it was THAT much... I also don't understand how 6 frenzy charges can increase the dps by so much. My attack speed in the tooltip hardly changes at all with more attack speed at this point. Maybe 0.1 or 0.2 faster at max charges at most and the physical bonus is kinda useless.

It's not about the passives. It's about being able to regen whilst having instant leech.

6 Frenzy charges is 4% MORE damage each. Multiplicative. It's not attack speed, you're literally giving up 24% more damage on top of the baseline attack speed bonus.
Editado por útlima vez por Chundadragon en 29 jul. 2015 6:30:29
I thought the 5% would only increase your physical damage, with is only like 200 or so for me right now, so increasing that wouldn't do much.
"5% increased Physical Damage per Frenzy Charge"

So it increases the elemental damage as well, but as physical?
Editado por útlima vez por silverdash en 29 jul. 2015 6:43:44
"
silverdash escribió:
I thought the 5% would only increase your physical damage, with is only like 200 or so for me right now, so increasing that wouldn't do much.
"5% increased Physical Damage per Frenzy Charge"

So it increases the elemental damage as well, but as physical?

It's not about the Frenzy skill, it's about the charges themselves.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional