[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
Hemeraser escribió:
Thoughts on Starforge and Iron Grip? I feel like the shock with proper enchant and range do better than Hatred/ASH/Fire Damage versus a Kondo's or other 400+ physical damage 5L. When enlighten gets up could do haste and grace?
On paper the damage is slightly less with Starforge buffed but feels so much faster, also IG isn't leveled really much yet.

Thoughts?

Also in your opinion can this do shaper and what is best sword?

Starforge isn't cheap and that's the main reason I don't talk about it. That being said, it would be a viable option. I would probably run Blasphemy with either Warlord's Mark or Vulnerability and then Grace (and whatever else if you have enough mana reservation).

Iron Grip is a passive I already take...so was that not clear? Or are you restating that for redunancy?

In my opinion, the best sword would be a god roll rare, like the ridiculous 800+pdps ones on standard. Atziri's Disfavour would work well if you went with an axe. All of the unique 2h weapons in the 400-450pdps range are completely fine to run this build. Eventually you just want something better.
I'm looking at your build and, try as I might, I cannot fathom why you went this route as a Scion instead of a Duelist. You would have reached important keystones 15 levels earlier and been closer to most of the skills you want.
I'm testing out this build right now...my itemization isn't quite complete yet but the numbers I'm getting seem quite wrong. In your OP and in some vids/screenshots I've seen the Double Strike DPS is 100K+, mine only shows 27.6K with all buffs applied. The same story with spectral throw, seems far lower than what other people have, at 6.4k (I've seen 20K+). I'm only lvl 80 and obviously itemization matters but the difference seems too large still. What am I doing wrong here?
Is the reasoning to keep Grace and Hatred linked to enlighten at the same time for fast switching?
@Say_Ten
Tried projecting my duelist version of your build into the future. Looks better to me.
To me it seems you far overvalue the strength boost you get from Iron Grip. I lose 22% from strength and gain 60% in Damage through Swords and another 38% in Damage Two-Handed. Sustain skills are higher and my early game is much stronger.

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAQAAPkUIAB6uR2nn5-jAdyE2amUh2rEuNX4bmm-p2VNdcvqYs2YjX5DMb02eHqpJ4TvQ-c53eSxXhMhVdw9B3XApiz7iiInIEz_1ljgnwVmbyeaar_VU7vDM1oaj2BEniFgdPEppWEhGlWI7an64e826AHnpzCfy_oY7nqGYDpSvJ8YkTJ-DjwUcdl8ggcbqhDw8lqBOgMAfppjF8EH137yQdIhVw3ZYYVS6wk5DgmWl3nkUWebQXQkm_dN3HOAinYrrj7Grv0wagRqpYiPGuQj004qW6_dDeCVstwISVboQKB67wUtRrfTb3LDqwvMBu_RQ6OlNQxwO7b1YQAAAAAA
"
Quincy80 escribió:
I'm looking at your build and, try as I might, I cannot fathom why you went this route as a Scion instead of a Duelist. You would have reached important keystones 15 levels earlier and been closer to most of the skills you want.

TBH it doesn't matter anymore. Tree used to be slightly different. Also Ascendancies didn't exist. By going Scion, you get some resists and more jewel sockets close by. If you didn't want those OR you wanted to go full Duelist for one of the Ascendancies, those would be good reasons.
"
Eldritch3 escribió:
I'm testing out this build right now...my itemization isn't quite complete yet but the numbers I'm getting seem quite wrong. In your OP and in some vids/screenshots I've seen the Double Strike DPS is 100K+, mine only shows 27.6K with all buffs applied. The same story with spectral throw, seems far lower than what other people have, at 6.4k (I've seen 20K+). I'm only lvl 80 and obviously itemization matters but the difference seems too large still. What am I doing wrong here?

guessing it is your gear because the tree is straightforward but unlock your characters for me to view on the forum or link your gear and i'll assist.
"
Hemeraser escribió:
Is the reasoning to keep Grace and Hatred linked to enlighten at the same time for fast switching?

If you manage to get a high-level enlighten, you could run hatred, grace and herald of ash all at once. Otherwise it doesn't matter where you put them...but yes, that would allow you to switch from one to the other.
"
Quincy80 escribió:
@Say_Ten
Tried projecting my duelist version of your build into the future. Looks better to me.
To me it seems you far overvalue the strength boost you get from Iron Grip. I lose 22% from strength and gain 60% in Damage through Swords and another 38% in Damage Two-Handed. Sustain skills are higher and my early game is much stronger.

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAQAAPkUIAB6uR2nn5-jAdyE2amUh2rEuNX4bmm-p2VNdcvqYs2YjX5DMb02eHqpJ4TvQ-c53eSxXhMhVdw9B3XApiz7iiInIEz_1ljgnwVmbyeaar_VU7vDM1oaj2BEniFgdPEppWEhGlWI7an64e826AHnpzCfy_oY7nqGYDpSvJ8YkTJ-DjwUcdl8ggcbqhDw8lqBOgMAfppjF8EH137yQdIhVw3ZYYVS6wk5DgmWl3nkUWebQXQkm_dN3HOAinYrrj7Grv0wagRqpYiPGuQj004qW6_dDeCVstwISVboQKB67wUtRrfTb3LDqwvMBu_RQ6OlNQxwO7b1YQAAAAAA

You will probably need more life. You can also get rid of some of the damage nodes for more efficient damage nodes or jewel sockets. For example, you can refund the 2 "two handed melee damage nodes" and take a strength node and a jewel socket and pretty easily get more than 24% melee damage on that jewel...plus you have STR for a small amount of life and a damage boost. Same with "axe and sword attack speed (or damage...your choice)". Would enable you to pick up life nodes (the one by the marauder is excellent, with regen too).

Also reference my response to your first post. Nothing wrong with going Duelist. End game is where it counts though. To me, the real reason to go Duelist is for Slayer. Other than that I like the Scion starting point and nodes near it much better.
So my wife is playing this build and i just got her a starforge thinking it would be nice upgrade. Problem is the added fire supports are worthless now.
So any recommended skills to switch this to ?

I was thinking added Chaos damage and maybe poison support?
Editado por útlima vez por Artaniz en 8 feb. 2017 14:15:29

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional