[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

I'm having a blast with this build even though I'm struggling a bit in Merciless. I would love an updated passive tree, I just used the old one but I don't know how good that is.

Also what should I look for in Jewels? I'm currently using a jewel with % increased dmg strength %increased armor and % increased physical dmg with two handed weapons. Do these stats work for ST?
"
voxceleste escribió:
Guys, so what about an updated passive tree? I tried to create one myself, but I'm afraid that it will be shit. I'm not that experienced with the game you see.

Okay, I made one. It's a draft, obviously. I focused on damage thats not melee nor projectile mostly - increase physical and swords nodes. All the leech that I could find nearby, health and that's it I think.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAASshaUqiam13yl3vDVujgld0NFSAISbLcFHVbr6TCKaV08RjbvqcZtC2DZU2E2Ud-vTaaam8nI9NOKuXF9UYceBpVYSGI7foY7nrh76n6NugUTfxLvJ8YkTpSMn4bqhRxDjx-mmMX137BBwMAgTryWhDwIVVeE8CmB3XcPScgiiIs-1dUirOTqGFS704RGnNrhmBuqqluWK94DcAabzu18qknhO94eqmUh2rYvTWSaqVqBP0wxq48LYPMtz7-ChrkiI8xnqZXTeP-j4Nf8kGCB9l8975ul_Kcns3SIQ==

the tree from 2.0 is very similar to the new one. check out the updated link for a high-level tree in the first post. there is some waste (in my opinion) in your sample tree...and poebuilder's tree isn't updated yet so there are some minor changes associated with that too. but if i could give you some general pointers, i would say:

don't take point blank...that's what double strike is for =)

don't waste your time on the claw/dagger/sword cluster

be sure to experiment with leech a bit to see how much you need/want on your specific character (pretty gear/weapon dependent on top of preference)
"
goldiakafreak escribió:
I'm having a blast with this build even though I'm struggling a bit in Merciless. I would love an updated passive tree, I just used the old one but I don't know how good that is.

Also what should I look for in Jewels? I'm currently using a jewel with % increased dmg strength %increased armor and % increased physical dmg with two handed weapons. Do these stats work for ST?

check out the new link in the original post. i'm created a tree that i would essentially duplicate with my level 92 scion in standard, give or take a node.

what exactly are you struggling with?

in jewels, which i believe i linked in a previous post, i go for sword damage, physical damage, flat damage, attack speed, attack speed with swords, etc. basically just damage in whatever form i can get. anything that does flat physical damage, regardless of weapon type, will benefit spectral throw. the only times that you will receive a benefit to either DS or ST is if the stat says "MELEE physical damage" or "PROJECTILE damage".

as always, feel free to hit me up in game. i usually end up giving free equipment for this build out as i get it and/or don't need it. i'm playing in talisman SC right now but can hop into standard if need be.
Thank you for the quick replies. You are really awesome thanks for all the help and you respond to every single post that's really great.

That may sound dumb but how would i go about reaching you ingame? I don't know your characters name...

I'm struggling with staying alive sometimes I just get 1-shot but i thinks that's because my gear sucks. Dmg-wise I'm okay.
Aww, Say_Ten thank you for your reply. Should have seen the difference with poebuilder. And thanks for the tips. Really appreciate it.

I thought that leech will be somewhat effective because of the multiple hits provided by ST.
"
goldiakafreak escribió:
Thank you for the quick replies. You are really awesome thanks for all the help and you respond to every single post that's really great.

That may sound dumb but how would i go about reaching you ingame? I don't know your characters name...

I'm struggling with staying alive sometimes I just get 1-shot but i thinks that's because my gear sucks. Dmg-wise I'm okay.

What time are you playing, in general? I see you're ahead of me so far...so good work, haha.

To reach people in game, in general, you can find ANY of their characters' names and whisper to them or add them as a friend. You can find character names by looking at profiles (click my name, click characters). I do keep my character name in standard league listed in the original post. It doesn't matter which character name you choose, it will still send a message to me if I'm online and playing. The social system in this game is kind of dogshit.

If you were going to trade with someone, I probably wouldn't friend request them. In this case, by all means you can send me a request so that you can see me on your friends list when you're playing.

In terms of staying alive, link your equipment here or show me in game. If you don't know how to do that I can explain it too.

In general, make sure to keep fortify up. I use leap slam to activate it but you can do it by whatever means necessary. If you link your gear I could almost definitely tell you how to improve it, assuming you are the best player ever already =D.
"
voxceleste escribió:
Aww, Say_Ten thank you for your reply. Should have seen the difference with poebuilder. And thanks for the tips. Really appreciate it.

I thought that leech will be somewhat effective because of the multiple hits provided by ST.

no probs! leech is very different than it used to be and is really confusing. there are youtube videos explaining it. but a lot of it will come down to you testing things out. early on, Life Gain on Hit with ST can make you invincible against packs because with LMP it can hit multiple enemies multiple times. find me online and we can kill some stuff.
Hello!
I'm just about to start a character using your build, but I do have a question which leaves me a bit confused, why haven't you picked Iron Grip if you're using spectral throw? Or did they change it so it no longer counts as projectile?
"
Carfal88 escribió:
Hello!
I'm just about to start a character using your build, but I do have a question which leaves me a bit confused, why haven't you picked Iron Grip if you're using spectral throw? Or did they change it so it no longer counts as projectile?

I most definitely still use the Iron Grip passive. What makes you think I'm not? Just curious because I don't want people seeing the wrong stuff on here...

Feel free to hit me up in game...and good luck!
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAOygDlmBDbj2DCb68guSQEYqvSshuqrXycmxsRjIJeA3AGqluWK826BpVYSGE76kneHqplIdqhNlHfr02ZU2-p9rBQzG_1VO7RJ507QUteu9AoF4TIVUnIIoiLPvApgd13D108SFgKaWnMAHnn8s1kti9_gq3Pjwtg8zGrhrkiI_9MGqlU6Ucpwxfrj5nm0F03HN2K4CK903kUTkOCZaXeesJ7w5QR18_FCAaPikufLiGYDpS

None of the skilltrees actually included the iron grip, that's only why I asked, it was pretty obvious it was supposed to be in the build I guess, sorry. xD
Haven't played since last season so figured they might've changed something
Editado por útlima vez por Carfal88 en 16 dic. 2015 18:02:55

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional