[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

GMP vs LMP is almost preference. I swap mine back and forth depending on the map and my mood, but I also run three dragons so higher per hit damage is sometimes the difference between shocks or no shocks on stronger mobs.

GMP ensures that you can lazy aim and leach life/mana from more sources at once. It's more survivable in that way and also more burst when shotgunning.

That said, lmp is obviously more damage at range while slightly less in melee. I feel like I kill part of a pack much faster with it, but the whole pack maybe a tiny bit slower than with gmp. Shotgunning is unreliable sometimes due to desync i think and regardless of it our damage is still more than satisfactory.

My personal conclusion is gmp is for when i'm tired and lazy and the maps i'm doing are too easy anyway.
"
Appels_Zijn_Gezond escribió:
With a 4L, I deal around 40K(2K tooltip with gmp)dps.

Dude how can i calculate my dmg? Simply dps*300% is not enough right?
IGN: Blink
Editado por útlima vez por SoulFiX en 28 ago. 2014 10:32:04
DPS (With the LMP/GMP gem in your gear):
GMP = (tooltip dps) x5(projectiles) x4(incinerates power-up levels)
LMP = (tooltip dps) x3(projectiles) x4(incinerates power-up levels)

GMP vs LMP

Source - HERE

Spoiler

[–]qualitas_occulta -2 points 6 months ago*
GMP gives you 2.5x more damage at shotgun range

LMP gives you 2.1x more damage at shotgun range

GMP is almost always better if you can handle the mana cost.

edit: Why the downvotes with no response? Go ahead and correct me if you think i'm wrong.

[–]DevinAce 3 points 6 months ago
The problem is that its almost impossible to hit all five or even 4 form gmp, however you can usually manage to hit 3 with LMP. This makes LMP better for single target DPS. :)

permalinkparent
[–]qualitas_occulta 1 point 6 months ago
I wasn't aware of that. Good to know then.

permalinkparent
[–]Asdayasman 0 points 6 months ago
GMP clears bigger packs better, LMP does better everywhere else.

You can only actually shotgun with 3 projectiles of GMP incin, from what I've found, so LMP even does more "single target".
Editado por útlima vez por sjs1985 en 28 ago. 2014 10:54:35
"
SoulFiX escribió:
"
Appels_Zijn_Gezond escribió:
With a 4L, I deal around 40K(2K tooltip with gmp)dps.

Dude how can i calculate my dmg? Simply dps*300% is not enough right?

Unless I'm mistaken, to calculate Incinerate's DPS, you need to take two things into consideration:

-As you already mentioned, the spell has 4 stages, with a 100% increase per stage for a total of 300%. Mathematically, this works out to a multiplier of x4

-As a rule, tooltip DPS shows exclusively the damage dealt per projectile. Thus, you would then multiple your DPS by the number of projectiles that you have, depending on whether you're using LMP or GMP. For LMP, your multiplier would be x3, and GMP would be x5.

Thus, if you use LMP, your total multiplier would be x12, and x20 for GMP.

Bear in mind that GMP grants a bigger penalty to projectile damage, so while it theoretically gives the bigger number, as one poster already said, GMP is really only effective at close range when shotgunning. Otherwise, only one or two of its streams will hit the enemy, resulting in less damage than if it were two of LMP's projectiles.

As such, LMP has a smaller multiplier, but will result in bigger tooltip DPS simply because it penalizes you less.
Bought for 1 fuse last night, was better then my old one with 4l
Got 6s on the 1st Jew i got from a friend (probably 30 before that) for enchanting his rings :D
5 link took 10 fuse :D

from 38964 dps to 49176 dps with that +chaos damage gem :D

Been lucky with unique drops and sold most of them, pretty much just making it a 6l is missing now. Going to gather many many fuse before i try that.

Im really, really liking this build! Thanks alot Pew!!!
It has awesome dps and a very good tankiness. Never played a build with both like this, and i have played a lot of builds! This char is now the highest level i have ever been (82) because i have always hit either a tankieness or dps issue on all other builds i have tried since i started playing.

<3<3<3
Editado por útlima vez por sjs1985 en 29 ago. 2014 8:17:53
You should defenitely try a knockback gem. At least for melee bosses it s hilarious.

Im able to remove my life leech for tabula rasa, stay at 3290 dps (tooltip), stand still and push hard hitting bosses away and laugh as they try to come near. In your face Rhoa boss! If i take out add chaos gem i go to 2500 dps but i am a little bit more tanky. Without life leech gem i just have to be more careful but is doable.
Editado por útlima vez por ciolanpatrunjel en 29 ago. 2014 9:58:22
I would say, go up for the fire damage then its up to you. I went to eldritch battery next, but it was maybe a bit to soon, battled to survive at around level 40-50. As soon as my arctic armor (and required mana regen) got high it was easy going
"
SanatyrShannonS escribió:

im not sure how good of a progression this is, but I built the minimum backbone of the tree first, just enough of it so i can take eldritch battery and MoM whenever i wanted to. then i took the various nodes around the backbone (like unwavering stance, i added in some dex nodes too) after that, and lastly ill take MoM when i get somewhat into A3M and upgraded my mana pool/mana regen to 2000/200. after that ill flesh out the portion of the tree that extends into the dex area past elritch battery.

i put two points into agility early on, which i refunded and point only a single point into quickness once i got past it. i also changed the tree so it went right by alacrity.
Editado por útlima vez por alkoxide en 29 ago. 2014 14:08:54
"
alkoxide escribió:
"
SanatyrShannonS escribió:

im not sure how good of a progression this is, but I built the minimum backbone of the tree first, just enough of it so i can take eldritch battery and MoM whenever i wanted to. then i took the various nodes around the backbone (like unwavering stance, i added in some dex nodes too) after that, and lastly ill take MoM when i get somewhat into A3M and upgraded my mana pool/mana regen to 2000/200. after that I'll flesh out the portion of the tree that extends into the dex area past elritch battery.

Of

i put two points into agility early on, which i refunded and point only a single point into quickness once i got past it. i also changed the tree so it went right by alacrity.

Yeah I'm actually doing the same thing, I was going for fire damage nodes like one poster said but I found a Searing Touch staff, so now I'm just taking Intelligence nodes towards Eldritch Battery and Mind Over Matter. I went south for Shaper before going the other way -- probably go straight to Sniper before anything else once I have both lines unlocked just for the long range. But I'm not sure which keystones are the most important. Probably end up in Merciless with no life or survivability, lol.
Editado por útlima vez por SanatyrShannonS en 29 ago. 2014 16:52:43

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional