Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
lothianatkeys escribió:
just want to know what i should upgrade first second..... and so on
Spoiler

Foil sucks, both rings sucks, get Alpha's - roughly that order, depends how much currency you have. Also, I hate Tabula because of the lack of defences - I'd rather use a 5L Coil but that's just me.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
IS it possible to just do the same build without resolute technique and use a high AS Dagger with high ele damage as well?
"
kasub escribió:
"
darkflowzx escribió:
so, has anyone else tried getting point blank and using molten strike instead?

using this build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBLEEswx9DkgQfxGWFE0WbxcvGYUZiho4GmwajxrbHNwdFB2qHhoj9iQ8JKoksCaVJ6ko-ipbLYMvbzKJNuk8jkZxSVFKfUxgUzVVS1XGVdZW-lfJV-JZ81pIWm1jp2TnZp5noG1sbXtvnnC7cql0QXflfNl9dX_GgKSDCYbRh3aPRpBVkyeVZpcGm7WiAKTCpwinXKeErKq0DLVIuJO748AawzrEosaeykrPZdDQ0hnTftbR2RPdRuGI42rquuvu7DjuDu967_DwH_Pd9tr60vsJ_E78xf66_5M=

and throwing on tabula rasa just for the 6l/colors to test, I have 30k tooltip moltenstrike dps

also consider, the projectile from MS are not included in the tooltip, which are boosted from both point blank and Conc effect.

replace leech with lgoh and yeah.... it is very impressive to say the least

How does this do in difficult maps? I thought of this but the main issue is that you're putting your character in a lot more danger. Does it really clear faster? It has less spread and you have to walk up to enemies.

well, i was using tabula so I was lacking defenses already. so I didn't try any hard maps. however, I can tell you that you're probably right in assuming in the more difficult maps you might get in trouble sometimes, but then again I couldn't test it with a coil.

on the other hand, yes the dps from Molten Strike with point blank is crazy. its a different playstyle, not run n gun like ST. after you get under the mobs though you will melt anything incredibly fast.
ign: exDarkFlo
"
muhomorov escribió:
Thank you so much for this build Mathil! It was the first build that got me into real PoE endgame. For me it provided the right mix of survivability and damage output.

I got to Level 94 yesterday doing mostly solo 77-78s since level 92. Killed Atziri at level 92 because i was trying to obtain most of my gear through finding my own upgrades.

I was amazed how cheap this build is in terms of gearing! Since i found a good 2.06 AS weapon on my first character in Ambush the weapon wasn´t an issue. The weapon i am using right now cost me 4ex. Hardest part was to farm the Alpha´s Howl and the 6L i bought (19ex total). Although it´s important to mention that the 6L wasn´t important. This build performs well enough without it.

My jewellery was surprisingly cheap. I made a really great deal on the amulet (1c) and the Gold Ring (5c). After i found the armour shield, i stopped using a Saphell´s Frame and changed the amulet for a Stone of Lazhwar (corrupted 7 iAS 20c). This in combination with the block nodes (Phalanx) near the aura nodes (Sovereignty) at the Templar area was huge boost to survivability! You basically trade +4% to max resists for the chance to block attacks and keep Spellblock through Stone of Lazhwar.

My gear
Spoiler

The Prismatic Ring was my first crafting project. Exalted Accuracy, Rarity, Energy Shield.

Before Atziri dropped the boots i used. They dropped pretty early in the league without life. I yolo-exalted the life roll.

Amulet before switching shields

I did not buy any quality gems! All gems are either dropped by boxes and then upgraded with GCPs or leveled twice, using the 20% vendor recipe. So all in all i spent around 30ex on the build as it is right now. Considering how expensive other Atziri viable builds are, i think this counts as a budget build!

Skilltree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdECcQSzDH0QfxGWFE0WbxcvGYUZihoyGjgabBqPHNwdFB2qI_YkPCSqJLAmlSepKPoqWy2DL28yiTbpPI5GcUlRSn1RYFM1VUtVxlXWVvpXyVfiWfNaSFptZOdmnmegbWxte2-ecH1wu3Kpd-V82X11f8aApIMJhtGHdo9GkFWTJ5cGm42btaEiogCiQKcIp1ynhKmVrKqv67QMtDi1SLiTu-PAGsM6xKLGnspKz2XQ0NIZ037W0dkT4YjjauUZ6rrr7uw47g7veu_w8B_xdvPd9Pj22vrS-wn79fzF_ro=

Stats
Spoiler

Offense buffed. Atziri Flask

Defense buffed. Physical mitigation is around 60% with endurance charges and Molten Shell plus Ironskin Flask

i must say i was very impressed that that FOIL beauty only worth 4ex?I can pay up to 20+ to purchase it.
IGN: DEVIANGE
SHOP: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/939811
Hi was looking at a foil with 1% lightning damage leeched as life, other stats are gd, (attk speed, 1-109 lightning, no fire really) Is the leech a good bonus? I just died so was looking to boost defenses. Great build btw really enjoying it. Ty
I'm glad that a rapier I crafted from scratch almost 1.5 years ago (long before eternals existed) is now probably one of the top ele buzzsaw weapons in existence on HC permaleague.

The base white jeweled foil was purchased from Kripparrian himself. I alteration/augmented top lightning dmg, top attackspeed; regaled/first exalted crap, then 2nd / 3rd exalts all got ele damage.

I originally used this in an ele cyclone build, it sucked.

Rest of my current gear (I'm level 72 only)

Spoiler
[Hardcore league]
IGN: Jeria / Metalgrid
Editado por útlima vez por jerg en 18 jun. 2014 0:11:39
"
kolp escribió:
Finally finished crafting my claw! (She needs some divining, but I'm broke)

I posted 10-20 pages back and said I was following this build with my own twist (dual wield elemental claw, mana based). I've continued to lurk and read every post, and have learned a lot!

So I'm lvl 84 now and my my dps is 15.3k. My life is still low in comparison to most of what I read on here (2.8k), but between acro/phase, ondars guile, and lvl 21 arctic armour I think its enough for the moment. Haven't died in 2weeks....I'm up to level 76 maps now, and survivability is still ok as long as I pay attention. Elemental Reflect is not even an issue (and I don't use life leech gem). Hell, double reflect maps dont even matter. Mastery of whirling blades and some +movement speed is a must with this build. I think that's part of the reason I love it, it's tactical (I'm in the military). My buddy and I successfully cleared Atziri last weekend, didn't die once!

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and update anyone who might of been wondering how a DW/claw mana based build would work. I have about +70 lgoh from the claws plus thief torment and gloves/ammy, so I dropped my lgoh gem from my 6L about 3 levels ago for added lightning damage, which allowed me to spec out of static blows and add some raw dps. I always have the option of adding it back if I encounter survivability issues I guess.

If anyone has any questions about going dual wield, or claw or both, PM me or hit me up in game @Praxadis!

EDIT:
Wanted to address something that I had read somewhere in this guide, but I can't seem to find the specific post atm. Someone commented that swords/foils were a good choice for ele buzzsaw because they are so fast (TRUE) and because the size of the projectile is larger than daggers/claws which improves clear speed (FALSE). I know the wiki is often wrong, but I personally asked ggg and they responded that this snippet from the Spec Throw wiki is correct:

"The size of the projectile is affected by the base range of the weapon (4 for one-handed weapons and 5 for two-handed weapons). Passive skills that affect the melee range have no effect."

Good Luck!, and thanks Mathil for the awesome guide!

Wrong. The base range of different weapon types are much more nuanced than just "4 for 1hander, 5 for 2hander".

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Range

Here you can see the actual facts; rapiers (Sword, Thrusting One-Handed) have the highest base range - 7 - only equaled by 2handed axes, even other 2handers have shorter ranges than rapiers! Meanwhile claws only have base range of 5, which are the lowest in the weapons.

So rapiers are indeed overwhelmingly the best base item type for this build.
[Hardcore league]
IGN: Jeria / Metalgrid
"
jerg escribió:
"
kolp escribió:
Finally finished crafting my claw! (She needs some divining, but I'm broke)

I posted 10-20 pages back and said I was following this build with my own twist (dual wield elemental claw, mana based). I've continued to lurk and read every post, and have learned a lot!

So I'm lvl 84 now and my my dps is 15.3k. My life is still low in comparison to most of what I read on here (2.8k), but between acro/phase, ondars guile, and lvl 21 arctic armour I think its enough for the moment. Haven't died in 2weeks....I'm up to level 76 maps now, and survivability is still ok as long as I pay attention. Elemental Reflect is not even an issue (and I don't use life leech gem). Hell, double reflect maps dont even matter. Mastery of whirling blades and some +movement speed is a must with this build. I think that's part of the reason I love it, it's tactical (I'm in the military). My buddy and I successfully cleared Atziri last weekend, didn't die once!

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and update anyone who might of been wondering how a DW/claw mana based build would work. I have about +70 lgoh from the claws plus thief torment and gloves/ammy, so I dropped my lgoh gem from my 6L about 3 levels ago for added lightning damage, which allowed me to spec out of static blows and add some raw dps. I always have the option of adding it back if I encounter survivability issues I guess.

If anyone has any questions about going dual wield, or claw or both, PM me or hit me up in game @Praxadis!

EDIT:
Wanted to address something that I had read somewhere in this guide, but I can't seem to find the specific post atm. Someone commented that swords/foils were a good choice for ele buzzsaw because they are so fast (TRUE) and because the size of the projectile is larger than daggers/claws which improves clear speed (FALSE). I know the wiki is often wrong, but I personally asked ggg and they responded that this snippet from the Spec Throw wiki is correct:

"The size of the projectile is affected by the base range of the weapon (4 for one-handed weapons and 5 for two-handed weapons). Passive skills that affect the melee range have no effect."

Good Luck!, and thanks Mathil for the awesome guide!

Wrong. The base range of different weapon types are much more nuanced than just "4 for 1hander, 5 for 2hander".

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Range

Here you can see the actual facts; rapiers (Sword, Thrusting One-Handed) have the highest base range - 7 - only equaled by 2handed axes, even other 2handers have shorter ranges than rapiers! Meanwhile claws only have base range of 5, which are the lowest in the weapons.

So rapiers are indeed overwhelmingly the best base item type for this build.

Um, you're wrong.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Spectral_Throw (read the last paragraph)

Spectral throw doesn't use the base melee weapon range on that page you linked to determine projectile size.

It's simply 4 for 1handers and 5 for 2handers. This was confirmed by Rory a long time ago when the skill 1st came out, I'll try to find the post.

EDIT - Disregard, what I posted WAS wrong, Jerg is correct. This was changed shortly after 1.0 from 4/5 to weapon base range.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Editado por útlima vez por Wadjet en 18 jun. 2014 12:49:39
ST's thread and Mark's radii-post. ST uses Base Range -> list of weapon ranges. That's all I've ever heard on the topic.

4/5 Range is outdated information. Version 0.11.0: "The attack range of all melee weapons and many monsters has been increased to better match their animations."
"
Vipermagi escribió:
ST's thread and Mark's radii-post. ST uses Base Range -> list of weapon ranges. That's all I've ever heard on the topic.

4/5 Range is outdated information. Version 0.11.0: "The attack range of all melee weapons and many monsters has been increased to better match their animations."

Hmm, I find this very curious. You say that 4/5 is outdated info and link 0.11.0 patch notes, but Spectral Throw wasn't even introduced until patch 1.0 several months later.

How was 4/5 outdated? Do you mean that 4/5 used to be the range for 1h/2h respectfully prior to patch 0.11.0?

And Mark's radii post doesn't even mention spectral throw, even though he made that post about 1 week after the 1.0 patch.

So seems like we need dev confirmation Viper! I had a response that I've since deleted from one of the dev's that confirmed the 4/5 projectile was correct, but things could have changed since. Maybe you could use your Vipermagic to get clarification, since Rory's ST post is vague/contradictory to the wiki? And yes, I know that the wiki is not official and should be taken with a grain of salt, but where did this 4/5 info come from and why did the pm me back last year and confirm it?

Thanks again!
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Editado por útlima vez por Wadjet en 18 jun. 2014 12:17:25

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional