Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
jbmcarth escribió:

now 4.4k hp and 8k dps. still a lot more work to do, but a 22% dps boost helps a lot =D. I'm not having trouble anymore in any of the maps I've found (up through 75), but I skip dominus =/.

That might change since I found out that with my new gems I can actually support AA and attack mana cost without my high ES/es-regen shield, allowing me to throw on a saffells. My plan is to stick inc dur vaal grace in it...Anybody know if vaal gems charge when they're on swap =D?

On swap? No. 4.4k isn't enough though for Atziri imho on your first go, >5k at least, or 5k effective if you're doing some stuff with MoM etc.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Now I have been farming Atziri but with different partners. I have no issue on the trash leading up to the bosses and I usually do a full clear, bc of potential drops, Now I am afraid to solo atziri, bc i tend to rubberband a lot. Should I give him a try solo mode and risk losing the map. I will link my gear

my dps: 12k
accuracy: 85%

my Life: 5.2k
eva: 5k w/o grace
armor: 1k

Resistances
Lightning + Fire: 82%
cold: 74%
chaos: -30%

Spoiler
"
obscenely escribió:
Now I have been farming Atziri but with different partners. I have no issue on the trash leading up to the bosses and I usually do a full clear, bc of potential drops, Now I am afraid to solo atziri, bc i tend to rubberband a lot. Should I give him a try solo mode and risk losing the map. I will link my gear

my dps: 12k
accuracy: 85%

my Life: 5.2k
eva: 5k w/o grace
armor: 1k

Resistances
Lightning + Fire: 82%
cold: 74%
chaos: -30%

Spoiler

Accuracy 85%... hmmm.. you're literally throwing away 15% of your DPS here, it doesn't matter that you have crit on your dagger, it's not effective for this buil.d Pick up RT and you'll be fine with those stats.
It may have been asked already, but after going through the first 60 or so pages I decided to ask anyway...

I have two questions:

1. How do you support a relatively high ST cost with Blood Magic?

I have ST + LMP + Faster Attacks + LL + Blood Magic + WED and the cost (ST - level 12 and all the rest is around the same) and I can sustain my life even against single targets, but it rubber bands too much for my liking.

Right now I just assume that as Blood Magic levels and I gain more health (without any godly gear I expect to get to around 2.5 - 3K or so...) it gets less crucial. Is that a correct assumption?

2. Have any of you tried going high block?

There are a loot of nodes right next to the normal path (to Sovereignty and to Acrobatics. Can/should those be taken or whould it stretch it too far? I was thinking going full dodge/evade (including perhaps Ondar's Guile) + block, something like this, perhaps:

"
ZenEnott escribió:
It may have been asked already, but after going through the first 60 or so pages I decided to ask anyway...

I have two questions:

I have ST + LMP + Faster Attacks + LL + Blood Magic + WED and the cost (ST - level 12 and all the rest is around the same) and I can sustain my life even against single targets, but it rubber bands too much for my liking.

Right now I just assume that as Blood Magic levels and I gain more health (without any godly gear I expect to get to around 2.5 - 3K or so...) it gets less crucial. Is that a correct assumption?

There are a loot of nodes right next to the normal path (to Sovereignty and to Acrobatics. Can/should those be taken or whould it stretch it too far? I was thinking going full dodge/evade (including perhaps Ondar's Guile) + block, something like this, perhaps:

1. Your spectral is level 12. You must like level 50? Yeah.. gl sustaining a 6L blood magic at that level lol :) As you get higher level and your life regen starts ramping up, it's np. You still can't spam like a retard unless you pick up a little bit more life regen but it's much more manageable.

2. It's generally a waste. Just get Acrobatics if you want something extra, forget Ondar's and forget block. It's too much of a stretch, you're giving up way too much life.
Editado por útlima vez por Chundadragon en 31 may. 2014 0:31:20
"

The lifeleech should be more than sufficient. That may be an issue when your DPS is still very low but as soon as you're above 3k DPS you should be doing fine. By endgame you're doing 9k-15k DPS.

"

2.5k-3k? This build has a decent amount of lifenodes. Getting 4.5k should not be an issue. Your endgame goal is 5.6k-6k. Can confirm skillcost is not an issue for this build at all though.

"

Acrobatics offers far more defense for the same amount of points.

Your listed build is counterproductive. You lose a ton of HP and DPS and trade it with block/ondars. You're going to end up losing a huge amount of survivability against the toughest bosses which are purely elemental and against your main weakness(evangelists). The build already excels when it comes to defenses. It's extremely mobile allowing you to do even triple damage maps.

I usually like changing builds I see posted on the forums but in this case I wouldn't change a thing. The listed build in the OP is fully optimized.
Editado por útlima vez por kasub en 31 may. 2014 0:38:08
Yep. Level 53. Sustaining is not a problem per se, since I have not managed to kill myself with it yet (as in - get myself to low on life and die to some attack or something), it just feels uncomfortable.

As for the second point... Is there any calculations done?

I was trained (in D2, naturally) that having high block normally trumps high life - for physical hits, of course. It's pretty easy to get to 50% block and around 35 - 36% spell block from the tree alone.

EDIT:

I see. Thank you.

But the original build, unless I misunderstand something, doesn't have Acrobatics. Or is there an updated version later on in the thread?
Editado por útlima vez por ZenEnott en 31 may. 2014 0:58:18
"

But the original build, unless I misunderstand something, doesn't have Acrobatics. Or is there an updated version later on in the thread?

That was a personal choice. You have the option to either go for the WED nodes or get acrobatics. The point is that the build does not need acrobatics(due to its mobility). I personally went for the damage nodes.

That's not something you should worry about till level 85+.
Editado por útlima vez por kasub en 31 may. 2014 1:16:07
Damn, came very close to making a really good foil. That last yolo EX got me the fire Damage I was looking for, but NOT 2-3? Come on...

"
I checked out your gear - you have 16 Anger and Wrath and a 5L. Okay bro...

And by the way, you make a lot of assumptions don't you? I'm intentionally not leveling my character because I want the challenge of trying to kill Atziri at lvl 71, with low life. I don't set up characters to map, anybody can do any map. I play maps with my IIQ/IIR RF char. I'm sure my ST right now could do 78's with no issue. I'm setting up for Atziri at low lvl. I've already stated several times, if you're just doing maps, a rare shield is fine. Saffells is for hard boss fights, not trash maps.

You know you can just do what I do:

weapon switch:

didn't you ever play Diablo? Weapon switch is part of the game, use it :)
Editado por útlima vez por VixTrader en 31 may. 2014 10:05:20

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional