[85% team ele resist] Aura Overkill Scion [HC Viable][200%+ dps, 700 ES, 4500 EV, 90% AR Auras]

Decided to try my luck at making an Aura Slave on Hardcore.
Haven't seen any Scion Aura builds targeted at Hardcore servers, so going to try my luck.

About This Build:
This build allows you to run 5 60% auras or 7 40% auras on mana without sacrificing survivability.
We will also be running 3 auras(Purity of Ice, Lightning & Fire) on life to hit 83-85% elemental resists.

Keep in mind that this build truly shines in team play! It's pretty strong by itself, but you really appreciate this build when all of your teammates become as tanky as a dedicated tank, or everyone's DPS jumps 200-1000%+.
Alternatively, your group can run all magic find gear with little to no elemental resists while you run all four purity auras to reach 83%+ all resist! In Merciless!
Stack item find/rarity on your gears without worrying about the repercussions.

Primary leveling skills would consist of Infernal Blow and Spectral Throw. Will be able to hit 10k+ damage tooltip without damage passives due to the ability to run 7+ auras.

Necessary Equipment:
Alpha's Howl
Prism Guardian

Note: Anything with high attack speed is a viable weapon once you can run 3+ auras. Had my DPS jump tremendously as soon as I equipped a Brightbeak (compared to a 300dps dagger I had equipped). Thought this was worth mentioning.

Leveling
Leveling aura builds have always been a pain. To get around this, We will be using... FACEBREAKERS! 1000 dps as soon as you hit level 20, and it'll scale all the way to 5000+ by the time you hit level 60+
(Note: Do not attempt Vaal alone. Lost my first aura char to a hulk smash while lagging)
The magic number to hit though is level 64 and 68. As soon as you can put on Alpha's Howl and Prism Guardian, it's good game!! Those two pieces of equipment along with your passives will net you the ability to run 8+ auras!! Say hello to increased attack speed, added lightning/fire/cold damage!! at that point, you can transition to any OP weapon your heart desires(going to try dyadus with this). Or you can forsake a weapon entirely and run exploding skeletons for the troll, as the passives are just 2 points away! Not to mention that the minions would benefit from all the auras your build stacks! Stick em on a spell totem and you're good to go!

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal: Help Oak,
Cruel: Kill All,
Merciless: Help Oak.

Your contribution to any team will be your auras, so your job will be to stay alive.
Wearing Windscream for double curses would also give your team a huge edge.

Leveling Guide
Spoiler

40 Points

40 Points

I rush towards Iron Reflexes early. Pick up all the life nodes you can up to this point. If you're also leveling up your purity auras, you will notice a lack of intelligence fast. Pick up Hard Knocks to compensate. We'll take this off later. If not, just stick the extra point in more life.

60 Points

60 Points

Start branching out towards more mana reserve reduction. I rush as much reserve reduction as possible to run 3 purity auras(I'm too lazy to hunt for gear. If you have decent leveling gear, you can run hatred/haste which would increase your dps by around 40-50%). Alternatively, you can go for more life.

80 Points

80 Points

At this point, you will have all the mana reduction points you need to run an effective aura build. Now, you can either branch out towards more HP/survivability, or more aura effectiveness. By 100 points, you will have both. My suggestion is to go for life first. Your auras will not be fully leveled, so increasing their effectiveness doesn't have much impact just yet.

Level 95(113 Points)

113 Points

Getting here would spell good game. Here, I opt for more defence. This increases your armor without equipment to a monstrous amount of 23,000+. With armor/evasion on your gear, 40,000+ without the use of flasks is easily achievable. You can easily triple this with high eva%/ar% flasks. 5 Endurance charges add to the tankiness.
With so much native defence, abusing Shavronne's Wrappings will be very easy(or any high ES chest for that matter). Run a Shavronne's Revelation with this to exponentially increase your tankiness. 2,000+ ES coupled with 120+ es regen/sec, 400+ life regen/sec, 35,000+ armor without flasks, and 83%+ all elemental resist.

Gameplay
Solo play, you're better off running damage auras. Haste, Wrath, Hatred and Anger will effectively add ~220-360 Fire Damage, 40-650 Lightning Damage, ~70% Cold Damage, and ~30% Attack Speed to whatever skill you're running. this would be gg for any skill you link to it. The first thing that comes to my mind would be abusing Soul Taker and Double strike/Infernal Blow. That's pretty OP on a lot of builds though, so it doesn't count. Any weapon with high attack speed would make the best use of the auras. Stick increased elemental damage gem in this, and Voila! Can you say hello to 3000+ tooltip Spectral Throw? No problems tanking through elemental reflect either with a minimum of 85% all elemental resistance. Also, most skills are viable.

Power Siphon/Frenzy/Conduit
Spoiler

An especially noteworthy skill is power siphon. This is due to two things; wands are able to roll elemental% which would substantially increase our dps. Also, power siphon increases our base damage. Other skills reduce base damage, and only increase physical damage after subsequient levels. On top of all that, we'd easily be able to share our power charges with conduit so close by.

Been playing around. Found another notable skill;frenzy. You can alternate between the two to generate both types of charges. With a 'cast on damage taken'-linked enduring cry, you would be generating every type of charge. Add conduit to the mix to share even more fun with the parties.

Sustainable Righteous Fire/Ethereal Knives
Spoiler

It is easy to push your fire resistance to 93% if you put on a rise of the phoenix and stick purity of fire in a +3 to fire gem wand/mace.

Knowing this, I decided to try something different. Ran Haste, Purity of Fire, Hatred, determination, and grace. I hit 8k dps Ethereal Knives/15k dps Righteous Fire. The righteous fire was sustainable when I added a +0.4% life regeneration node. Tweaking IAS on the scion start to spell damage would further increase the EK damage by 36%. I did not bother to do this since I was just testing. I used a 4L searing staff. Alternatively, you can lowlife cast it with dual Redbeaks for even more damage. unreserve your hp and heal up after casting it though.

Necessary Equipment
Spoiler

Rise of the Phoenix Shield
4L Searing Staff
+3 to Fire Gems Wand

Endgame stats
102% effectiveness of auras on yourself would have your AR/ES/EV hitting 107%/~700/~4400 respectively(assuming they're in alphas howl. +2 levels goes a long way). Stacking this with your other passives would increase values tremendously. With Iron Reflexes and the armor/evasion passives, this would leave you 15,000+ AR on yourself with no armor whatsoever. Plus, the added 1000 energy shield adds to your tankiness. Plan to run the 3 purity auras in a prism shield endgame. You will be sacrificing 25.2% hp, but the trade-off is well worth it. +8-10 Maximum Elemental Resist for each element will go a very long way, especially if you're in a team! Facetanking Temple Piety? No problems!

103 Point Build~Level 85

The basic stats around level 80 will be as follows:
Passive Skill Tree Breakdown

Base Stats
230 to Strength
180 to Intelligence
130 to Dexterity

Spell
+476 to Maximum Mana,
78% Increased effect of Auras you Cast,
66% Increased Radius of Auras,
46% Reduced Mana Reserved,
40% Increased Mana Regeneration Rate,
24% Increased Effect of Buffs on You,
6% Increased Cast Speed,

Defense
+711 to Maximum Life,
206% increased Maximum Life,
3.7% of Life Regenerated per Second,
Evasion Rating: 350,
26% Increased Evasion Rating,
24% Increased Evasion Rating and Armour,
Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour,
Cannot be stunned,
+36% Energy Shield,
+10% to all Elemental Resistances,
28% Chaos Resistance,
6% Increased Movement Speed,

Charges
4 Max Endurance Charge,
3 Max Frenzy Charge,
3 Max Power Charge,

Weapon
25% Increased Attack Speed,
12% Increased Physical Damage,
46% Increased Melee Physical Damage,
+260 Accuracy Rating,
Cannot evade enemy attacks.

Thank you Ta3boo for the formatting.
Editado por útlima vez por CommanderSauce en 25 dic. 2013 7:18:15
Reflotado por última vez en 27 mar. 2018 5:35:19
going pretty well so far :) approaching level 30.
Going to try dyadus with this :). We will see.
Going to run Oak, kill all, Oak. Your contribution to any team will be your auras, so your job will be to stay alive. Wearing windscream for double curses would also give your team a huge edge.
Can you post a passive tree progression based on every 20-30 levels. Very interesting idea but wouldn't know how to begin this build.
some videos please . ;)
Approaching level 50. Will post how I build my passive tree every 25 levels soon.
Editado por útlima vez por CommanderSauce en 27 nov. 2013 14:35:59
"
CommanderSauce escribió:
Approaching level 50. Will post hoe I build my passive tree every 25 levels.

Too lazy to hunt more gear so running the 3 purity auras, bringing my resistances to max. Running attack speed and cold damage auras would bring my dps up by 60%, but would rather not risk being instagibbed while i rush to level 60.

If you're not afraid of taking risks, you can do what I'm doing. Less DPS is risky in it's own right though, as you simply don't kill monsters fast enough. It's much better to farm up equipment every 10 levels so that the risk of losing your character is reduced greatly.
Editado por útlima vez por CommanderSauce en 27 nov. 2013 15:10:42
does auras stacks?
Running the same aura on different characters in a party will not stack auras if that's what you're asking. the one with a higher base effect will automatically be used.

If you're asking if auras with synergy stack, then yes they do. For example, you and your friends can run all magic find gear with absolutely no resist whatsoever while you run all the purity auras for 70%+ all resist in merciless.

There's many ways to abuse utilize an aura build. most simply haven't thought them up yet though since it is somewhat bothersome to level them.
Editado por útlima vez por CommanderSauce en 27 nov. 2013 19:44:48

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional