ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

Hey Ziggy,

I am relatively new to the game and your build was really well explained in your video. However I am curious as to why you did not go the route of faster casting to path of the savant and then up through the energy shield node to Eldritch battery?
Another quick question:
the guide refers to respeccing the 4 projectile dmg nodes at the start of the Scion tree to the Mana ones around the time we reach MoM. The game though refuses to let me spec out of these nodes, how does that happen?
Why do we take Discipline aura?

Wouldn't the reserve mana cancel out the mana we get from the energy shield?
"
CensoredX escribió:
Another quick question:
the guide refers to respeccing the 4 projectile dmg nodes at the start of the Scion tree to the Mana ones around the time we reach MoM. The game though refuses to let me spec out of these nodes, how does that happen?

This has been mentioned a half dozen times in this thread. Most likely you haven't taken the mana regen + 3 mana nodes on the way from the beginning to Shaper, which is what you have to take to spec out of the dmg nodes. (Tree has to be linked)

"
Why do we take Discipline aura?

Wouldn't the reserve mana cancel out the mana we get from the energy shield?

Another question which was just asked on the previous page. Regen is based off of total max mana. Dicipline gives a ton of extra mana, and thus increases your regen by a lot, even if you end up with less unreserved mana. This is expecially important when you consider MoM, because your mana shield will be replenished almost instantly when used. Most people can't run Dicipline with Clarity & Two Other Auras until very late game, depending on gear and other nodes. Your total unreserved mana should be 700+
Editado por útlima vez por damelon en 5 ene. 2014 5:11:56
"
CMOS4 escribió:
Hey Ziggy,

I am relatively new to the game and your build was really well explained in your video. However I am curious as to why you did not go the route of faster casting to path of the savant and then up through the energy shield node to Eldritch battery?

He does go Path of the Savant at the end. Early on faster casting is not as important, and by doing so you lose out on Harrier and the +Spell Dmg nodes. The 3 ES nodes aren't needed based on the other nodes taken in his tree. Also, if you use a variant build which uses Mana Geyser or Charisma you need to go there from the Harrier path anyway.
I'm at level 86, loving the build so far, but without Ming's heart the damage is poop for 6man 77+ maps. (Even with Ming's the damage is not very good I'd imagine)
Although it's very super tanky, as you can see by my current stats.
Spoiler
IGN: Tibupoeg
Editado por útlima vez por Jackstick en 5 ene. 2014 8:33:45
Hi guys ...
I'm new to all this so please don't flame me :)

I'm doing my first hardcore char as a scion and really liked the spectral throw
and especially how it combines with dual claws + lesser multiple projectiles + Clarity.
It really seems good at lower levels (24 atm) cause each projectile heals 16HP per hit and it hits multiple times (8HP from each claw).

So was wondering if this is viable at later levels since I saw at certain point claws switch from HP per HIT for LifeLeech which isn't instant heal which would actually be worse I think.

Any tips? Should I switch from dual claws to EK as soon as I get the bettery?
Editado por útlima vez por RavenX86 en 5 ene. 2014 9:18:47
This is probably a dumb question... but here it goes. I can't use Discipline and Hatred. I don't get the mana for it. I am now running a 4l with reduced mana (lvl 1) hatred lvl 11, clarity lvl 13 and discipline lvl 14. Can you point me in the direction of fixing this?

Thank you! Also, your guides are AWESOME
"
Dralim escribió:
This is probably a dumb question... but here it goes. I can't use Discipline and Hatred. I don't get the mana for it. I am now running a 4l with reduced mana (lvl 1) hatred lvl 11, clarity lvl 13 and discipline lvl 14. Can you point me in the direction of fixing this?

Thank you! Also, your guides are AWESOME

Well the lvl 1 reduced mana isn't helping, but it's hard to answer this if you don't post your tree. I'd guess you don't have the reserved mana nodes yet or that your gear doesn't have enough ES/Mana to boost all of the % increased nodes in the tree.
my idea to be a lil bit different i currently run 72 maps without any real problem

i also run low life and am currently at 700 life with not much breaking through defences
awaiting till my time

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional