ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

I'm not an expert at this build, only 76 now on Nemesis, my DPS is 4,400, but relating to DPS I notice the following in order of importance to boost DPS:

5L necessary

Spell Damage on wand.

If you want more DPS, Spell Damage on shield (depends on your other gear, if you can sacrifice the resists/armor).

Hatred Aura.

Cast Speed.

Q on EK is every good. 0.75% projectile damage increase per 1%

I followed Ziggy's build, but took all of the reduced mana reservation nodes (took fewer life). No DPS or cast speed nodes.

Pay attention to your gem levels. Mine are all 16 or 17 now, and I can sleepwalk through lvl 66, 67, 68 maps solo with any mods (other than orchard boss, too scared to do him). I can piety farm easily, but it's boring. Piety farming started at 69. If your gem levels are too low, give it time.

My gear:

"
Dakilula escribió:
I'm not an expert at this build, only 76 now on Nemesis, my DPS is 4,400, but relating to DPS I notice the following in order of importance to boost DPS:

5L necessary

Spell Damage on wand.

If you want more DPS, Spell Damage on shield (depends on your other gear, if you can sacrifice the resists/armor).

Hatred Aura.

Cast Speed.

Q on EK is every good. 0.75% projectile damage increase per 1%

I followed Ziggy's build, but took all of the reduced mana reservation nodes (took fewer life). No DPS or cast speed nodes.

Pay attention to your gem levels. Mine are all 16 or 17 now, and I can sleepwalk through lvl 66, 67, 68 maps solo with any mods (other than orchard boss, too scared to do him). I can piety farm easily, but it's boring. Piety farming started at 69. If your gem levels are too low, give it time.

My gear:

Thanks alot man, How much did all that gear cost you?
Editado por útlima vez por asbo96 en 26 dic. 2013 0:38:46

I have a question about Cast Speed vs. Projectile Damage

Does Projectile Damage increase the total damage (elemental and physical)?

if so, why would one take the Nimbleness Cast speed cluster (witch area, +3 +3 +6) instead of the Projectile Damage nodes in the Scion starting area (+8 +6 +6)? is +12% cast speed offering something better than +20% damage?

Cast speed seems easier to get on gear, and besides wouldn't it be safer to have harder hitting projectiles than the rapid fire manage drain? Mana efficiency favors the projectile damage.

Cheers
"
Dakilula escribió:

I have a question about Cast Speed vs. Projectile Damage

Does Projectile Damage increase the total damage (elemental and physical)?

if so, why would one take the Nimbleness Cast speed cluster (witch area, +3 +3 +6) instead of the Projectile Damage nodes in the Scion starting area (+8 +6 +6)? is +12% cast speed offering something better than +20% damage?

Cast speed seems easier to get on gear, and besides wouldn't it be safer to have harder hitting projectiles than the rapid fire manage drain? Mana efficiency favors the projectile damage.

Cheers

It depends how much you have already, since they affect each other, as well. But in general, Cast Speed is much stronger than Spell Damage, and you really shouldn't have Mana problems if you have non-shit gear.

Also, when solo, you tend to one or two shot anyway, so faster casting is faster clearing.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
asbo96 escribió:

Thanks alot man, How much did all that gear cost you?

Wand 6 chaos.

5L, 1.5 ex just bought last week. Up until 70 I used Tabula Rasa with NO problems (bought for 20c) I find EV/ES chests are much much cheaper, and the bonus ES rolls really help your mana pool. However, I did spend upwards of 300 chromes to get the 2 red sockets.

Rathpith shield was 2 ex i think. But I paid in Alchs and fusings (saved them up).

I have been lucky and found 3 exalted orbs on this character alone in Nemesis. And found 2 5L at vendors (one kept one alched and sold).

Also, I do not stockpile items. If you don't use something, my opinion is to sell it or grind it up into materials. (keep one leveling set).

Buy items which already have 4 links and the right colors. You can save a LOT. Sellers usually do not add the cost of linking to their items (2.5 fuse = 1 chaos). So just imaging your 3c gloves can end up costing 3c+8jewelers+10fuse+6chromes. All of a sudden you wonder why your broke after 2-3 pieces every 10 levels. Every one of my items was bought with those links (some chromes though)- at no premium!

All of the rest of my gear is 1-5chaos. Just shop around on poe.xyz. message 4-5 people and get a low price, then lowball all of the guys that responded. Everyone has their best characters now and wants to raise money to fund mapping. Great time now to buy gear.
In your progress you said pick up the Projectile nodes at first, then git rid of them later, do you have to do a complete re spec to do it? You sort of have to backwards walk your respec's right?
"
shahmat1972 escribió:
In your progress you said pick up the Projectile nodes at first, then git rid of them later, do you have to do a complete re spec to do it? You sort of have to backwards walk your respec's right?

No you would just join the path with the mana nodes and respec out of the projectile damage.
TFIGEGKTB
also still playing this build

ok lvl 86 on domination, i fixed my tree a little, respeced out of the res nodes

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGcMfRB_EZYVIBZvFvMXLxg8GNsZihqPHNwdFB2qHpQmPCj6KaUqTSzpLYMtqC9vL50xnjWSNuk_J0GHQ2NFnUZxSn1KyE3jTipVxlXWV-FY9VuvZOdmnmegbqpvnnC7cU108Xqqf8aApIIegseDCYUyh3aI8Y9GkyeTOpcGms-a4Ju1ncSio6ZXpwisP6xZsZC0DLXytzG3PrfWuJO9J8HzwzrEosaeykrPZdDQ2RPbC9tZ3FfdDeGI42rnY-vu8Xb22vno-tL7CfzF_gr-jw==

and now i feel like i missed quite some life nodes or my gear could give more
i dno, 3.4k life just doesnt do it for some maps, i cant rock shrine, i cant rock crematorium / artic armor does nothing here but poorjoys was so easyyyyy whyyy, cant rock residence, and since last update i cant rock torture chamber or whatever
havent seen the rest of the last maps yet, but keeping at it, once i got 100 life and some goodies on all my life capable gears its gonna get easier i hope

upgraded my gear quite a bit, got a 6L without ES but i just got some shoes with only ES to make up for it, should rly pump more gcps into empower and madness occurs
also lacking dps since i cant find a better wand for an affordable price and had to swap shields for this nice swag that everyone here seems to be flashing
to sum it up
life is 3.4k
ek dps is 7.7k
elemental res are all capped at 80 cause of the nice shield, chaos res is minus 10
flasks are shit

maybe i should do the vendor trick to change the bandit reward for some more cast speed
Im trying to grab a 6l chest now, but running 330 mana regen, 1500 unreserved mana, 6k ek dps, everything seems easy. lvl 18 EK, AA skill gems. I dont curse anything, which I probably should. Make sure you have mana for MoM.
Half regen maps have been easy too. I do use a Lavianga's Flask for mana. Its especially incredible on low/no regen maps, as it will power your AA and attacks, for 7 seconds at a time.

"
limitedintelligence escribió:
also still playing this build

ok lvl 86 on domination, i fixed my tree a little, respeced out of the res nodes

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGcMfRB_EZYVIBZvFvMXLxg8GNsZihqPHNwdFB2qHpQmPCj6KaUqTSzpLYMtqC9vL50xnjWSNuk_J0GHQ2NFnUZxSn1KyE3jTipVxlXWV-FY9VuvZOdmnmegbqpvnnC7cU108Xqqf8aApIIegseDCYUyh3aI8Y9GkyeTOpcGms-a4Ju1ncSio6ZXpwisP6xZsZC0DLXytzG3PrfWuJO9J8HzwzrEosaeykrPZdDQ2RPbC9tZ3FfdDeGI42rnY-vu8Xb22vno-tL7CfzF_gr-jw==

and now i feel like i missed quite some life nodes or my gear could give more
i dno, 3.4k life just doesnt do it for some maps, i cant rock shrine, i cant rock crematorium / artic armor does nothing here but poorjoys was so easyyyyy whyyy, cant rock residence, and since last update i cant rock torture chamber or whatever
havent seen the rest of the last maps yet, but keeping at it, once i got 100 life and some goodies on all my life capable gears its gonna get easier i hope

upgraded my gear quite a bit, got a 6L without ES but i just got some shoes with only ES to make up for it, should rly pump more gcps into empower and madness occurs
also lacking dps since i cant find a better wand for an affordable price and had to swap shields for this nice swag that everyone here seems to be flashing
to sum it up
life is 3.4k
ek dps is 7.7k
elemental res are all capped at 80 cause of the nice shield, chaos res is minus 10
flasks are shit

maybe i should do the vendor trick to change the bandit reward for some more cast speed

Your gear is better then mine, and I also have 3.5k health, and only 75% resists with -12% chaos. My dps is 4,400. Granted I only have a 5L, 10 nodes from levels less than you and a few levels on EK to go, but I don't see how I can ever scale DPS. Do you believe you've reached the crest of the builds potential?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional