ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
_Elminister_ escribió:
What kind of strategies do you guys use for lvl 72+ rare maps? I don't understand it. I've had 0 issues with my survivability till this point. I could tank what seemed like full screen of mobs with no danger of dying. Now it seems the moment I roll any kind of map that enhances mobs damage (especially +% lightning / cold / fire damage), I need to play with extreme care.

Yep, this is a major issue (with most builds, really). Your options are to kite (the bane of the bow ranger), distract enemies with a skeleton or decoy totem, pop elemental resistance potions, use a purity aura, or avoid maps/corrupted areas with high extra elemental damage rolls.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Editado por útlima vez por Tempada en 28 mar. 2014 16:06:39
How does this build do damage \ defence wise to ST aura\coc builds you see more of nowadays?

Example: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/854708 \ http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/787487
Editado por útlima vez por foojin en 28 mar. 2014 17:57:32
Well im lvl 79 in Invasion, very tanky but i was hoping a 6l would boost my dps a lil bit more.

Gear:

Spoiler

I just bought the 6l (spent a lot of chromes for the 3 red sockets) and level 15 Iron Will only gives me 300 more dps, is this becaue its only lvl 15? Or do people just using it while they still have lvl 1 Empower?

Atm i have 5k DPS with EK lvl 18, i should reach 6.5 when all my gems are lvl 20.
"
foojin escribió:
How does this build do damage \ defence wise to ST aura\coc builds you see more of nowadays?

Example: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/854708 \ http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/787487

I can't speak to CoC builds, but a Spectral Throw aura build (like the Elemental Buzzsaw) can become way more powerful than an Ethereal Knives build. Ethereal Knives, under most circumstances, is weak. I kind of hope it gets a buff.

On the other hand, this build is way tankier than the Elemental Buzzsaw when it comes to physical damage... except that physical damage is easy enough to mitigate. It's elemental damage that's a problem, and Elemental Buzzsaw has that covered because it runs both Purity of Lightning and Purity of Fire. Mind over Matter is awesome but it doesn't compare to having higher maximum elemental resists.

Essentially, you can do far better than this build in most departments. That doesn't necessarily mean it isn't worth trying, though. You can afk a lot of enemies with Artic Armour and Mind over Matter, Ethereal Knives shines against mobs, movement speed is high, and basic gearing isn't expensive. Also, crazy mana regen is sexy.

"
JerryVoy escribió:
I just bought the 6l (spent a lot of chromes for the 3 red sockets) and level 15 Iron Will only gives me 300 more dps, is this becaue its only lvl 15? Or do people just using it while they still have lvl 1 Empower?

Both.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Editado por útlima vez por Tempada en 28 mar. 2014 18:52:51
I'm sorry to ask you that here, but it's hard to find it in the 104 pages on this thread. I'm starting a new character and love that build.

I would like to know if you have the skill three but lvl by lvl. Just to show witch is important first.

For example, the skill three after lvl 20, after lvl 40, after lvl 60. Just to have a good guideline.

I don't know if is on this thread yet. If yes, can someone just let me know on witch page.

Thanks a lot all :) very appreciate

Demolishing lvl 77 maps :)
And selling lvl 78 maps until I get my Ming's heart :D
9k dps lvl 85 all res capped using 4 auras

RUnning maps isn't a problem at all.
Crafting the map costs me 4 chaos per lvl 76 map(Or even more if I get low % :P).
I reroll the maps when -"no mana/life reg","50% life/energyshield reg","temporal chains",sometimes even "enfeeble" also when getting extra lightning dmg and - maximum resist-
Editado por útlima vez por WeizenKobold en 29 mar. 2014 10:02:57
A couple of questions, what's your thought on the unset ring? Would it be an okay replacement? the extra gem socket couldn't hurt.
Noob here (lol). I'll be 56 years old in a few months and have played nearly every game out there to endgame levels (PvP, MMO-anything, RTSs, LAN party stuff -whatever).

PoE was a recent find for me (couple of weeks ago) and seemed a bit to twitchy for my old ass. The complexity of the passive tree, skill gems, gear and their interaction didn't seem that difficult but combat strategy became a bit of a chore after about a dozen characters built on my own and a few dozen more 'build guides'.

I have to say that ZiggyD nailed it for me with this one. Here's a couple of reasons that I want to share and maybe this will also answer a few recent questions above...

- the build is just fun (at least in Ambush League)
- it's not that twitchy at all - still can't play like a dumbass and just stand there but don't have to jog all over the place between attacks either. (and I don't have to spam flasks thank God)
- my interest in PoE is renewed because of this build

So let me address the passive tree really quick.

The build is designed to follow a path that gets you NEAR anything you need at the time. I'm only mid-20s now but it's been a really smart and efficient path so far. I followed the main branches and simply grabbed life nodes or ES nodes as I felt I needed them. I don't think it's realistic to recommend this node or that node at certain levels because the gear you find will differ greatly between characters. I've been luck with some good rares (%phys with +x phys) and most have some lucky resists and other stats that have made life pretty easy for me so far.

So if you're looking for advice on what node to take and where, then here it is; follow the main stat branches until you want more life - then find one of the life nodes and grab a couple. Try to head down to Iron Reflexes as a priority but don's sweat MoM (3 points away) until you have a decent mana pool that you're comfortable with it.

I haven't gone much more than that but I plan to work toward Sovereignty grabbing what I need when I need it and then head back up to EB when I can swing it and have enough reduced mana reservation nodes.

Thanks again ZiggyD - I look quite forward to playing this build (or a slight variation of it) for quite some time. I love your "just have fun" approach to your videos and guides and will certainly try a few more when I get to some endgame love with this character (MonkeyDestroyer if you're looking for me - lol - I hate those damn things).

Just wanted to post a quick answer to my own question above.

I now have a lvl 16 Iron Will and a lvl 2 Empower. I have a 6L armor and just tested them both in the 6th slot. My Strength is 177, btw. The Empower gem is slightly more dps, right around 150 more than IW. Of course, the IW will improve as it levels to 20, so I would assume the difference at lvl 20 is negligible.

Empower is rly strong when you have lvl 20 EK, so when everything is at lvl 20 Empower should be stronger then IW..

Edit: To answer about Unset ring, i use one, not very good rolls, but for lvling in Ambush not bad..

I think i'll use one in end game if i find/buy/craft good one..

Btw: What do you think about Dream Fragments, how good would it be for this build?
My Ambush shop ~ http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/891261
Editado por útlima vez por Strongtoni en 30 mar. 2014 14:57:27

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional