ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
Anesthetize34 escribió:
Around what character level should I expect to get EK to 20? I'm 72 now and EK just hit 17, so it looks like I have quite a ways to go.

Depends on how "grindy" the maps are that you run. I'm level 84 now and my EK is level 19. Only 142 million more gem exp until level 20...<barf>.
"You think logoutcore makes you better....." - ShaeG
"
Taiberius escribió:
"
Anesthetize34 escribió:
Around what character level should I expect to get EK to 20? I'm 72 now and EK just hit 17, so it looks like I have quite a ways to go.

Depends on how "grindy" the maps are that you run. I'm level 84 now and my EK is level 19. Only 142 million more gem exp until level 20...<barf>.

I did the math, realized that it's almost as many XP to get a gem from level 19 to level 20 as it is to get it from level 1 to level 19, and gave up and bought a 20/20 this very night. This isn't an option for everyone, especially on the new leagues (this character for me is on Standard), but if it is an option for you there isn't any more efficient way to spend currency to increase your DPS.

Otherwise the rule of thumb is that if you start leveling a gem when you're level 1, you'll get it to level 20 around the time you're level 85. While that's only a guideline and depends on a few things, what's for sure is that it's a grind, and no part of it more than that last level.
I was lucky enough to get a lvl 19 EK with 5% quality from a Gem box somewhere around lvl 72. On my char from previous league I'm lvl 86 with plenty of deaths and my main gem is still not lvl 20.
Thanks guys. Yeah, I'll keep my eyes open for someone selling a leveled gem, but being on Ambush there is not much available in that regard quite yet.

I'm also working on leveling an Empower gem, so I have my work cut out for me either way.

That does lead to another question, though. How does an Iron Will gem in the 6th slot (with about 125 STR) compare to a level 2 Empower dps-wise? My EK will still be 19 when Empower hits 2, but I plan to continue getting it to 20.
"
Anesthetize34 escribió:

That does lead to another question, though. How does an Iron Will gem in the 6th slot (with about 125 STR) compare to a level 2 Empower dps-wise? My EK will still be 19 when Empower hits 2, but I plan to continue getting it to 20.

I can't say I've tested this, but I would think on a 6L empower would be far better since EK scales so nicely in the upper levels.

Getting a decent 6L is the bigger pain. I just got a new chest last night, and blew close to a hundred jewelers and another 60 fusing to get a 6S/5L. But at least I can now run Faster Projectiles which has been a game changer...I can reach the screen edges now :)

New Chest

"You think logoutcore makes you better....." - ShaeG
Has anyone tested Ming's Heart? Do you think it's worth using? Is the extra damage insignificant when the build isn't that powerful to begin with?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
So I did this with a scion last patch and had like 8k dps with all level 20 quality gems, I have since rolled into the shadow but am lacking strength.

On the scion I had 140+ strength but on the scion I have 60 with a 35 belt on, any ideas how to get strength and why Ziggy doesn't need it. I didn't even take any nodes in the scion for strength or have gear that gave plus stats, it seems I cant get this build to work like I had on the scion
"
GGZII escribió:
On the scion I had 140+ strength but on the scion I have 60 with a 35 belt on, any ideas how to get strength and why Ziggy doesn't need it.

Let's see... The Shadow starts with 14 Strength, and the tree gives you 70 or 80, so you end up with a total of 84 or 94 before you factor in gear. Considering that you only need 109 Strength (lvl 20 Reduced Mana gem), it's not so hard to get the extra points from gear. An Onyx Amulet can be pretty helpful.

Here are the Strength nodes to grab on the tree:

Skip the life nodes to the right of Mind Drinker to save a skill point and get 10 extra Strength. If you still need extra, you can grab Might in the passive tree. In fact, if you grab that node in addition to all the others I mentioned, you'll reach what you need without any gear. Simple.

Don't worry about stacking Strength for Iron Will because the small damage boost isn't worth the hassle. Use Empower when you can.

Bonus tip: shoot for 20% or higher increased Spell Damage on your amulet. The damage boost is significant!
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Editado por útlima vez por Tempada en 28 mar. 2014 10:11:37
I just picked up a lvl 20 EK (q10%) for an exalt. Should I Vaal it in an attempt to make it lvl21?
What kind of strategies do you guys use for lvl 72+ rare maps? I don't understand it. I've had 0 issues with my survivability till this point. I could tank what seemed like full screen of mobs with no danger of dying. Now it seems the moment I roll any kind of map that enhances mobs damage (especially +% lightning / cold / fire damage), I need to play with extreme care.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional