[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Trying out this build, currently at L49, in A2C and it is going pretty well.

One thing puzzles me though... Once in a while the flickering just stops, even with targets in close range, and I have to reactivate. I suspect it is something with the lockstep sync'ing, but has anyone else notices something like it?

I'm also finding the duration of Blood Rage extremely frustrating, and is considering Increased Duration for it. Is it just me, or was the duration reduced in 2.0?
The very quiet sigh when it expires makes it easy not to notice it needs to be recast...

Current gear if anyone should be interested :-)
Spoiler
This is levelling gear, so I'm not spending much currency on it, thus the crappy chest and useless ES...
"
Cyzax escribió:
One thing puzzles me though... Once in a while the flickering just stops, even with targets in close range, and I have to reactivate. I suspect it is something with the lockstep sync'ing, but has anyone else notices something like it?

I really don't know what you mean here ... the only times when i stop flickering is when i'm out of frenzy charges, or when there aren't any enemies left.

"
Cyzax escribió:

I'm also finding the duration of Blood Rage extremely frustrating, and is considering Increased Duration for it. Is it just me, or was the duration reduced in 2.0?
The very quiet sigh when it expires makes it easy not to notice it needs to be recast...

I don't think that the duration was nerfed but if it bothers you then increased duration support gem sure is the way to go! 20/20% inc. duration = around 19 seconds of blood rage.

"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG escribió:
I really don't know what you mean here ... the only times when i stop flickering is when i'm out of frenzy charges, or when there aren't any enemies left.

It's a bit difficult to explain, but basically I have charges left, I'm within range, I'm holding the mouse button down, but I still need to re-click the mouse button to start flickering again. If I'm out of charges, I don't need to re-click, but will continue once the cooldown timer pops.

It may have something to do with lockstep and my specific timings, latency or latency spikes. I'm also seeing that sometimes I 'teleport' instead of flicker. I'll seem to stop, then suddenly appear on the next target (or even the next one again) without any animation. This also happens for me when using Leap Slam on another build.
Just wondered if anyone else had seen something like it...

Is it Atziri viable?
@Cyzax
Strange ... haven't noticed that yet .. maybe now that i know that such a problem potentially exists i might spot it as well! In any case .. i'd suggest that you make a thread in the bug section of the forum.

@WURSTEU
Let me quote myself for you buddy ...

"
KorgothBG escribió:

Now about how end-game vible is .. that depends on what you consider to be the "end-game". Is it Atziri and Uber Atziri? Is it level 82 maps? Because yes you could do the highest level maps but no when it comes to atziri ... it's extremely difficult to do Atziri with a flicker build ( doesn't matter which one ) because it is hard to get frenzy charges and you can't use multistrike because of the mirror-holding atziri clone in the split phase.

and then Sicyo said:
"
Sicyo escribió:
Could swap out flicker for cyclone, and different supports if you want to try atziri with the same character ;)

and i agreed with him though i've expressed my concerns that it will no longer be a flicker build at least at that moment .... really that discussion happened 2 pages ago ...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 14 jul. 2015 19:06:43
I played flicker in Tempest and loved it, but shelved the char in standard because I couldn't stand the desync. I was so excited to try again in 2.0 until the Blood Rage nerf -- but I pulled a 500pDPS sword out of storage and tried this last night... and it was awesome.

I fully recommend that everyone do Jungle Valley on a fracture map. It was utterly ridiculous. I just hit Atziri's Promise and Taste of Hate every 5 seconds for a solid minute. GLORIOUS.

The INT on the tree is very light, so I ended up taking one of the +30 nodes just to run HoA and Hatred, and that's too little for any real INT-based supports (like CoH or AOE+).

Spoiler
It seems like some hotfix changed Herald of Ash to 35% mana reserved - gotta run Flicker on bloodmagic now.
Any thoughts about getting another frenzy charge for the 5 points (mb later on) near the Acrobatics? It doesnt seem too unreasonable, since a life node is near.
Now that I'm looking more closely at the tree, is Druidic Rite better than Revelry if you have enough leech endgame? 20% longer Promite/Taste + 20% more charges vs. +2 mana on hit and 5 base mana and 8% mana on a node to travel.
@meep_42]
If you can sustani the mana with Druidic rite instead of Revelry - then yes, it is better

@Ezrael49
For me the remaining 15% mana after HoA and Hatred is more than enough.
As for the Frenzy charge ... 5 points are way too much in my opinion though it is a nice option
Love the build, done it before the update and still doing it, just wondering do you really need the mana from Revelry? I'm thinking about getting one or two in the Essence Sap for mana leech, still have Slitherpinch and heve been wanting to switch it out. Also for cwdt I've been running a EK with blind and punishment, which looks pretty cool with its changes.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional