[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

"
KorgothBG escribió:
Well suggestions ... besides getting ToH i'd say - more gear with life ( belt, helmet, better rolled jewelry )

Which acendancy do your reccomend and which did you choose
Slayer and Slayer
Read the Ascendancy section of the guide for more info.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 18 nov. 2016 0:29:28
Well i've played it in several temporal leagues as my first character and i've been able to get to 36 challenges so it is suitable for a first character and tons of currency is not required. With that said though - some PoE knowledge and general gameplay skills might be necessary and i can't guarantee that if that is your very first character in Path of Exile that you'll have smooth experience.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Out of curiosity, how do you feel about Oro's flicker? Sorry if that's been asked before, I'm just curious.
"
poepoe091 escribió:
Out of curiosity, how do you feel about Oro's flicker? Sorry if that's been asked before, I'm just curious.

It's been asked many times. :)
Well i've played oro flicker and personally i don't like it. It feels squishier and the damage is worse. With that said you can sustain frenzy charges easily on boss fights without the use of frenzy ( which was never an issue for me ). In the end Oro is of course viable and a decent way to play flicker i'd say give it a go if you have the time/currency/nerves to see how it plays and judge for yourself because your experience with it may e very different than mine.
Hey Korgoth, First time trying a Flicker Strike build and its freaking amazing fun!

I'm having a bit of trouble sustaining mana though. I'm level 55 currently, with only my first 2 ascendancy points for the built in Melee Splash. I'm running Poachers + Blasphemy of course to help with the mana sustain as well as building Frenzy charges, however I can only sustain my mana pool well enough if I run Herald of Ash instead of Hatred. I have both gems leveling up with the build still, but when I run hatred I have enough for 2 flickers before I'm out of mana, and the sustain from Poachers just isn't there yet. With Herald of Ash I can sustain for much longer, as I have much more base mana. I'm still running 2 mana flasks as well for the instances where I run dry.

I know you said to pick up some of the mana leach nodes if this is the case, but I just wanted to ask if this is also heavily reliant on just leveling both my character and the poachers mark gem. I'm finding that I run out of mana in boss fights (where there is only 1 enemy to leach mana from) and in certain maps where the monsters are spread out (again, less to leach from with each use of flicker). In normal difficulty, the mob density was so bad that I was constantly running out, however in cruel it has gotten better, and I imagine that in merciless it will be even better yet.

Thanks mate!

Great guide, great build, and I'm super glad that you STILL answer questions on this!
The level of your poacher's mark as well as your ability to kill fast (with fewer flicker strike attacks ) really matter a lot when it comes to sustaining mana. So at higher level you shouldn't have any problems, though i always prefer to have some mana leech ( from a ring ) just to be sure that i will never run out of mana ( due to map mods )
"
KorgothBG escribió:
Well suggestions ... besides getting ToH i'd say - more gear with life ( belt, helmet, better rolled jewelry )

Just updated my build with something spectacular:

yeah! after like 10 pairs (2 legacy ;( ) I got it!

Also improved jewelry with a new ring and changed gloves for semi-perma poison so now I'm like this:

and obviously flasked up:

T13 deathless & easy here I come! :D

Thx again KorgothBG!
Level 64. With how shitty my items are, I'm running surprisingly well thanks to this build! The only real problem I face is... With flicker strike, it is really hard to click enemies sometimes... Especially ones that seem to spread out due to AI. Any way to resolve that? To make a build that already feels like cheating feels even more like cheating :P
You CLICK on enemies? I have flickerstrike on Q und just run around and keep Q pressed. Insta flickering on sight. I stop for Items which make sounds and old ladies.

(should also work for shift clicks I guess?)

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional