[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Hey fella! Nice build, having real fun with it.

Would you consider to switch out some dmg nodes for life & end charges to add up some survivability for hardcore?

Here's my mace iteration of this build, just throwing it here, spent maybe 5 minutes sketching it and it looks pretty fine in my opinion.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAAHcBS0HdQmWDY0S4RQgFewhVSP2JyAs-y5TMHEwfDWSN9Q5DjpCOuE7Oz7PQKBDMUd-Sn1LeEz_TZJN404qUEdRR1HmVw1aGluvXhNfP2VNaGVvO3Ttdqx3U3fjeA14enloeu982YIHhNmE74VSh2qHdooiivCNfY2_kc6WbJd5nsWi6qOKplepJ6luqZStjbXyuR29Nr3mvqfAGsCmwQTDM8SCypDPftIh02_UI9i92WHZfNrB3D3dqOOf5FHpRuoY6wntP-4O7w7yQfJF85v3MvzF_gr-jw==

The rest 2 points could be spend to further increase max life, or to add the needed +30 int till you can hit it with the item bonuses.

Cheers!
Editado por útlima vez por mrksjke en 10 oct. 2016 17:10:20
Yup , looks fine to me!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Very nice build. I'm playing it right now and finding it very enjoyable. A couple of questions, though. In your gear section for your Daresso's Defiance, would swapping Faster Attacks with Poison be better for boss fights or is the increased attack speed compensating for poison? If I only have a 5-link for it, should I prioritize Added Fire Damage over Faster Attacks?
Editado por útlima vez por camwannabattle en 10 oct. 2016 21:37:17
I've tried poison instead but i did not see any improvement. On the other hand faster attacks helps your defenses too ( faster flickering -> harder to hit ).

Now added fire damage vs faster attacks, that's a hard question. Depends on how comfortable you are with your damage without added fire damage.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
So i've been running this build for Essence league, only 77 right now and gear is pretty mediocore - no good drops/currency as of yet to really invest into anything, and still trying to 5L my Daresso (just switched from Tabula -> 4L Daresso because I felt squishy). Using a 420DPS Kaom's axe, so dps is probably as good as i'll get until I can afford a Disfavor.

While I notice I can wipe the floor through maps up to T4, and trash up to T7/8 are still not much of an issue, I notice this build really struggles with single-target (bosses.)

Especially two-boss maps are a nightmare.
I get oneshot even by single-boss maps constantly, generally while I am trying to build Frenzy charges - but sometimes even just flickering.

Even with full frenzy charges, I generally only drop the boss to 50-60% before having to throw out some Frenzy hits to build charges before flickering again.

If I get hit, I'm generally dropped from 100% -> 20%. If they hit me twice, I die. Some hard hitting bosses simply 1shot me.
Usually I can't even risk throwing out 5-6 Frenzy hits for max charges, as the bosses seem to ignore my 40%+ evade and 30%+ dodge and still smack the shit out of me. I usually opt for 2-3 frenzy hits to immediately get back to flickering.

This has me worried for higher map bosses, izaro, etc.
I just switched out my Vengeance/counter link for the suggested Totem Warchief/DPS for some added single target/boss agro, but I feel like this is a bandaid on the build. I shouldn't even need to throw out a totem just to "tank the boss" while I build frenzy charges.

I ran several other great melee builds for past leagues, all which were much more tanky (I played several EQ champs, 78%/78% gladiator, blade vortex, reave, etc.) all of which never really had any issues wit hbosses/single target. Either I could facetank stuff without worry of getting 1shot, while still dealing respectable damage, or I simple destroyed the boss with my attack skills without worrying about "building frenzy charges."

Am I doing something wrong? Does this just improve with 5-6L daresso, better gear, a few life nodes?

Even with the full life-node cluster, I don't really see this build going above 4-4.5k hp?

Note - My resists are (for the most part) capped, 100%+ fire, 90%+ lightning, I think about 65% cold but will be fixing that today. Chaos is obviously low-ish I think around -20%. It's usually physical attacks destroying me though, not magic. Around 3.5k HP iirc, haven't filled out life cluster yet.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Editado por útlima vez por KooperT en 11 oct. 2016 11:36:00
"
KooperT escribió:

Am I doing something wrong? Does this just improve with 5-6L daresso, better gear, a few life nodes?

Asking this is similar to asking "Will i be richer if i have more money?"

"
KooperT escribió:

Even with the full life-node cluster, I don't really see this build going above 4-4.5k hp?

Check out the provided screenshots of my defenses and you'll notice that it goes way above 4-4.5k life.

Overall alli can say is .. mate you are low leveled and undergeared ... what is there to explain beyond that ?
Hey buddy

1st of all: props to u man! So much work, so much effort is simply impressive.
Having a blast using this build right now. I just wonder what u think about phys to lightning instead of faster attacks. U deal less phys dmg so phys reflect shud be easier to handle, u get a nice dmg increase and u can shock sometimes as well. What'd u say my friend?
Well i wouldn't recommend it for a number of reasons.
While you do get some extra lightning damage, you loose quite a bit of attack speed ( which helps your survivability too ), you also leech less life and mana ( due to lower amounts of physical damage ), your physical damage portion deals less damage ( because of how armour calculations work ), of course let us not forget that all monsters have elemental resists which reduce the lightning damage you deal to them. Yes you shock from time to time and you can handle better physical reflect maps (which is the only reflect that can cause problems ) but in my opinion it's not worth it at all.
"
KorgothBG escribió:
"
KooperT escribió:

Asking this is similar to asking "Will i be richer if i have more money?"

"
KooperT escribió:

Check out the provided screenshots of my defenses and you'll notice that it goes way above 4-4.5k life.

Overall alli can say is .. mate you are low leveled and undergeared ... what is there to explain beyond that ?

I understand things obviously get better with optimal gearing and lvl 85-90 instead of 77

What I'm trying to figure out is if it's really that much better than other builds of similar gearing/level.

At lvl 80 last league, playing a BV/Block build, I was crushing T10+ maps despite being "lower level." In Perandus I was likewise doing much higher level maps with an EQ Champ - without any high-ticket items. I get that the build plays differently, but from what I'm gathering, your'e basically telling me the strat is to "hope we don't get hit 2-3 times while building Frenzy on boss" so that you can flicker, or "drop a totem to distract the boss."

A build shouldn't be "struggling" with T6-7 map bosses, or forced to grind lower lvl maps until 90. I agree, we BLOW through trash... but if you die to RNG on one boss, you basically lose a map or two worth of exp (or more past 85). I enjoy our trash clear, it is much more enjoyable (and faster) than builds like EQ/BV - but I feel a bit lacking on single-target/bosses. (Granted a stronger DPS weapon probably helps drop the bosses in less time, but lets assume we dont have a 550Pdps or Atziri Disfavor axe, which are not options in new leagues/new chars).

I've had several bad RNG moments with 44% evade and 30% dodge, and a boss still swings at me 3 times and hits all 3. Or 1 single big crit gets through with 300% multiplier, and you are floored.

Also, I do see you have 6.5k HP... at level 100. Generally people want their builds to be fully functional at 85-90, so I'm worried not having those extra 10-15 life nodes is literally about 2k hp. Only option is to drop 1 or 2 damage clusters to pick up the life nodes earlier, which may be necessary .
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Editado por útlima vez por KooperT en 11 oct. 2016 13:36:17
Well what can i say .. i've been playing this build in perandus with far from optimal gear ( hezmana axe, 5L daresso ) and got to 90 deathless, having no troubles with maps up to tier 12 and all that without a totem.

Now i have to say that a map level 77 isn't really a place for a character level 77. The char level to zone level in terms of difficulty in maps does not progress the same way it progresses until reaching maps. At this point level 90 is the point where a character and a build is considered completed, and needless to say 77 is far from that. In the end i don't know what your gear is too, i am also confused about your elemental resistances, you said that your lightning for example is 100%+ is that 100%+ with the -60% all res reduction in merciless? You said that your cold res is not capped yet, when having all resists capped at 75% is pretty much a requirement before entering any map.

Posting your gear and tree will surely help me to figure out what's missing ( besides the obvious things i've already mentioned )
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 11 oct. 2016 13:50:49

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional