[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Ahh yeah, I knew I thought that for some reason. I was Cyclone, but love builds with superior clear speeds.
"
KorgothBG escribió:

That amulet got me thinking btw ... the high amounts of life regen, the fact that you rarely even take a hit combined with slayer's leech passives means that you are at max life most of the time. That means that using the melee damage on full life support gem might not be a bad idea

Silly me ... now i remember that i've already tested that before and it doesn't work well due to the blood rage ( thus you also loose have of the mods on the daresso amulet .. so in end i see no reason to use it. )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG escribió:
"
KorgothBG escribió:

That amulet got me thinking btw ... the high amounts of life regen, the fact that you rarely even take a hit combined with slayer's leech passives means that you are at max life most of the time. That means that using the melee damage on full life support gem might not be a bad idea

Silly me ... now i remember that i've already tested that before and it doesn't work well due to the blood rage ( thus you also loose have of the mods on the daresso amulet .. so in end i see no reason to use it. )

I see. That's unfortunate. In addition to two rings, a belt, and corrupted Blood Dancers, I now need a new amulet. Yay lol.
just wanna mention that if u use 2x 300 dps crit swords instead of the vaal axe, the dps is about 20% higher.

and dps double (to 400-500k ridiculousness) if an abyssus is also slapped on :)
"
WWBarb escribió:
just wanna mention that if u use 2x 300 dps crit swords instead of the vaal axe, the dps is about 20% higher.

How does it get higher ? Flicker strike alternates attacks meaning that each hit you hit with only one of the weapons. The attack speed can compensate for the horrible damage per hit, but in a flicker build that's not always ok. You want as high damage PER HIT as possible so that you could spent as least frenzy charges as possible. Having high dps due to speed and not damage makes boss fights a traumatic experience .. in the end i really don't see a reason to go dual wield with flicker strike under any circumstances.

And of course i would be interested to see from where you came up with the 20% more damage figure for the 2 1h swords vs 1 atziri axe.

As for abyssus ... sadly the damage does not doubles the damage difference is .~1000 damage per hit for me ( ~10k DPS ) .. hardly doubled
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 8 may. 2016 10:07:55
"
KorgothBG escribió:
"
WWBarb escribió:

How does it get higher ? Flicker strike alternates attacks meaning that each hit you hit with only one of the weapons. The attack speed can compensate for the horrible damage per hit, but in a flicker build that's not always ok. You want as high damage PER HIT as possible so that you could spent as least frenzy charges as possible. Having high dps due to speed and not damage makes boss fights a traumatic experience .. in the end i really don't see a reason to go dual wield with flicker strike under any circumstances.

And of course i would be interested to see from where you came up with the 20% more damage figure for the 2 1h swords vs 1 atziri axe.

As for abyssus ... sadly the damage does not doubles the damage difference is .~1000 damage per hit for me ( ~10k DPS ) .. hardly doubled

Ahh, not to challenge to original build at all as I just swapped gems only with my old crit reave juggernaut to try it out, the tree is far from being optimized for flicker (3 max frenzy charges lol). I will level a slayer to do it properly :P

The attack per second is about the same, 10.5 per sec after charges, I dunno how it ends up to be like that.
Abyssus provide a huge dmg boost to me because I am close to be capped with crit chance.

But per hit is 22k per hit with just frenzy/power charges.

I have acuity so being crit also means instant leech which helps big time when face tanking boss with frenzy (in hard boss fight it is easy to run out of charges anyway I suppose?)

Anyway just mentioning it as a fun fact if you have good crit 1h weapons and acuity and do not feel like buying another expensive two hander. If building from scratch, the 2h is the better route to go cost/performance wise for sure.

Cheers.

edit: planning to do a slayer with the 2x swords as I will not need to buy any new item. will report back.
Editado por útlima vez por WWBarb en 8 may. 2016 18:10:00
Ah, actually that was what i was expecting ^^
Of course by doing crit you will end up with higher damage, and of course if you are already using a crit build just by swapping the gems you will get better results by using crit weapons .. after all that's what your passive tree/gear is build for :) ( thus abyssus is worth X times more due to its crit multi mod ).
But if you are going for a crit flicker i'd strongly recommend to go for a dagger + shield build ( if you can afford a good dagger ), or if you really want to do a sword ... i'd still suggest to go for 1h+ shield. There is little no point at all to go dual wield with flicker strike. ( the only thing i can think of is twin terrors, but that's hardly something that you can't live without ). With a shield you can take advantage of the absolutely OP block mechanics and insane shield defense nodes, drop the acrobatics and amass very hgh amounts of armour and block chance. ( or do something very different and go for CI or low life ) and i wouldn't pick slayer for sure .... with acuity the leech passives ( which are a big part of what makes the slayer useful) would be wasted ... i'd rather go for champion ( if i stick to duelist at all ) ... at least that's what i would've done :P

In any case i wish you luck and i'll be interested to see how it works out :)
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 8 may. 2016 18:23:15
"
KorgothBG escribió:
Of course by doing crit you will end up with higher damage, and of course if you are already using a crit build just by swapping the gems you will get better results by using crit weapons .. after all that's what your passive tree/gear is build for :) ( thus abyssus is worth X times more due to its crit multi mod ).
But if you are going for a crit flicker i'd strongly recommend to go for a dagger + shield build ( if you can afford a good dagger ), or if you really want to do a sword ... i'd still suggest to go for 1h+ shield. There is little no point at all to go dual wield with flicker strike. ( the only thing i can think of is twin terrors, but that's hardly something that you can't live without ). With a shield you can take advantage of the absolutely OP block mechanics and insane shield defense nodes, drop the acrobatics and amass very hgh amounts of armour and block chance. ( or do something very different and go for CI or low life ) and i wouldn't pick slayer for sure .... with acuity the leech passives ( which are a big part of what makes the slayer useful) would be wasted ... i'd rather go for champion ( if i stick to duelist at all ) ... at least that's what i would've done :P

Proof here with screenshoot, 3 frenzy charges haha, nuked Zana 77 waste pool no problem.
http://imgur.com/twkAqG7 noted, no flask was used, just 3 frenzy 3 power and ice golem with Hatred aura, I also run blasphemy Assassin mark, so the actual dps is even higher.

But I do not think I will use Abyssus for Slayer version as I will not have 20k armor to negate the downside..
but the upside is I will have an extra gem link. So it might even out a bit.
Editado por útlima vez por WWBarb en 8 may. 2016 18:30:38
again i'd strongly suggest champion .. it still frees you up a socket.
"
KorgothBG escribió:

As for shield vs DW, after playing this game extensively with both max block and high dps build I actually feel that in hard content (T12-15, uber), the real tankiness comes from high hp pool to not get 1 shot and super high speed leech from high dmg + VP/acuity.

As a result, my crit guy with abyssus can clear core malachai with little effort but it is a nightmare for my max block eq gladiator.

WAs for CI, first i need a good dagger $$$, then have to deal with stun and freeze (Chayula + Auxium)... sounds like too much work to make it work :P

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional