[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Thanks for such an awesome detailed guide Korgoth!

I've been leveling your passive tree and finally swapped my skills to start using flicker now that I can sustain the frenzy charges it's so much fun (although slightly nauseating at times!). Love it!

Cheers! :D
Ok guys,
so i've updated the screenshots, and the tree in the "my flicker build" section, i've added a few words about the rock golem and i'm uploading a shipyard video as i'm posting this ( which i'll include when it's up )

@Driiftwood
I'm glad you find it helpful :)

"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
How about the Ranger's 'Raider' as a subclass? While it may not be as strong as the Slayer it is more Defensive/Utility. I was thinking about the Avatar of the Slaughter + Quartz Infusion.

It gives us:

* A Frenzy charge (plus bonus stats similar to that of 'The Blood Dance' boots).
* Some Frenzy duration that we lose by using the Darkray Vectors in addition to the duration we get from the tree.
* A small (10%) chance to gain a Frenzy Charge and 10% Attack Speed.
* Evasion Rating (45%) and Dodge (6%).
* A chance (20%) to gain Phasing and let us move through enemies. Very helpful if we ever get into a bad spot or stop flickering somehow.

I think the Movement Speed and Defense of the Ranger could be great for people who want to try out Flicker Strike for the first time but often die, can't keep up the frenzy charges, etc! :)

I messed around with your Axe (though Sword or Staff would be better thematically) skill tree and came up with this tree. Re-arranged some things and went into the Marauder and Duelist starts to get easy melee damage and health. Some of these skill points will be substituted out in favor of better jewels.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAQBeAdwFLQd1CC4Jlg2NE0wTyRQgFewXJhfhGY4hVSP2JvgnICz7MHEwdzB8OQ46Qj38Ps9AoEHQQzFHfkp9S3hM_02STipOMlBHUUdYY1n-Whpbr14TXkVfP19wYSFkUmVNZadnoHTtdqx343h6eWh6hHrvfNmDbYTZhO-FUodqh3aKIorwjM-NfY2_kvOXeZkrm42jiqknqW6plK2NrlC5Hb02vYG95r6nwKbBBMGjwzPEWMSCypDPftCt037UI9lh2sHcPd2o4mHjn-RR6UbqGOsJ7YPuDu8O73r2SPcy-Ov66_zF_ms=

Editado por útlima vez por Jakzca en 8 mar. 2016 18:14:09
Yup Raider is ok for the build, i've talked about it more extensively in the previous pages of the thread. Exactly Avatar of the Slaughter + Quartz Infusion is the way to go in my opinion. The tree looks ok though i'd certainly grab Frenetic because the frenzy charges are even more valuable with the Raider sub-class i'd also grab Blood Drinker because it's right next to Frenetic and has great life per point ratio ( 6.66 per point ) and i'd drop the Survivalist .. because 3 passives for +1% max cold ( which is the only needed thing in that cluster ) is definitely not a good deal.
Editado por útlima vez por Jakzca en 8 mar. 2016 18:18:16
Thanks, forgot about Heart of Oak. That's a really great node. :)
Great build, level 85 (almost 86) with only 2 deaths.

My previous flicker builds died quite a bit.

My only recommendation is you should get one jewel node and get the Malicious Intent Cobalt Jewel. Free 30% chaos damage ALL the time (except on bosses). I know you did take jewel slots, but very very late. I started playing with Malicious intent at level 80, would recommend getting it ASAP.
I used to put my characters down here.

The list became so long, and I've had to DELETE over 50 characters to make room for others, that I've stopped updating it.

#firstworldproblems give me character slots free or WAY cheaper GGG ;(
Editado por útlima vez por Semune en 9 mar. 2016 17:55:30
"
Gladiator
The Gladiator has some cool block passives which can be useful if you are using a staff ... but in my opinion this is the least useful of the three sub-classes when it comes to this build and i'd recommend that you don't pick that one.

Could you at least do some research before typing something like this?
Outmatch and Outlast - 25% chance of frenzy charge on kill with main hand, 2H weapon/bow is considered main hand, you can basically sustain frenzy charges for flicker just with this passive and blood rage.
Gratuitous violence - bleed chance, extra AoE damage from exploding monsters, 30% inc damage vs bleeding monsters. Very good vs monsters like porcupines or necrovigil packs. If you manage to up your bleed chance to 100% it makes you immune to spikers.
Blood in the eyes - further improves Gratuitous violence.

The fact that the minor nodes are 1H specific doesn't matter too much, you still get 20% inc phys damage.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional