[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Primacy does have much more potential average damage, as Korgoth said. I just like the flexibility that Doomsower offers.
Granted, primacy allows you to upgrade to Disfavour without respecing. Don't forget Kongor's Undying Rage also.
Then again, there's rares out there that can potentially trump all of the above.
Give them a try and see what you like. I've cleared twinned t15's with my Doomsower :)
IGN: Frazetta
Thanks for the feedback guys, appriciate it. My rolls are as followed, after some searching on how to link my items :D
Spoiler

"
Honestly i like Marohi the least, sure big damage per hit but that's about it.
But between Kaom's Primacy and Doomsower....
Kaom's Primacy has culling strike and significantly higher damage per hit ( which is important for flicker strike )
Doomsower has higher attack speed and unless you socket your flicker strike setup in it .. that's about it.

In my personal opinion Kaom's Primacy > Doomsower > Marohi

But let's not forget that it hugely depends on the roll of the actual item .. i mean there is a big difference between 170-252 Doomsower and 270-366 one.

"
Primacy does have much more potential average damage, as Korgoth said. I just like the flexibility that Doomsower offers.
Granted, primacy allows you to upgrade to Disfavour without respecing. Don't forget Kongor's Undying Rage also.
Then again, there's rares out there that can potentially trump all of the above.
Give them a try and see what you like. I've cleared twinned t15's with my Doomsower :)

So after some short calculations this is what i've got DPS wise:
Kaoms:
Spoiler
PDPS:355.925
EDPS:31.05
DPS:386.975
20Q DPS:410.55

Doomsower:
Spoiler
PDPS:401.58
DPS:401.58
20Q DPS:448.5

Marohi:
Spoiler
PDPS:414.315
DPS:414.315
20Q DPS:414.315

For me, it surprises me that the PDS is fairly similar for all the weapons, yet Doomsower seems to outdo the other 2 in this regard. Seeing that the DPS for Kaom's and Marohi is similar I guess that Kaom's wins, even tho its not that good of a roll, the culling strike will help a bit and I get some movespeed back (which I just like for the gameplay feeling).
With the overall higher DPS of Doomsower and the 15% AOE, I might go for that one.

What do you guys think after seeing the numbers/rolls ?
Thanks for the input!
You've got great damage rolls on that Doomsower! It's the APS that makes it pull ahead.

Yeah I don't like Erqi at all, it's really slow and makes you move slow. Kongor's is a much better mace.
Don't forget that the 15% AoE of Doomsower is ONLY for the gems socketed in it! Meaning that if you have your flicker strike in nay other item it won't get that 15% aoe.

In your case The doomsower has a nice roll opposed to the terrible roll of the kaom ( btw eDPS means nothing for this build ), though the culling strike is pretty nice. So idk .. i've always prefered kaom's primacy ( a better rolled one ofc ). And just a reminder - you can buy a perfectly rolled ( in terms of physical damage ) Kaom's Primacy for 1 ( yes ONE ) chaos orb in standard.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 13 ene. 2016 16:19:29
I've actually been using culling strike as one of my links this league:

The buffs it received in 2.0 are pretty significant. Very small mana multiplier, decent damage boost (nearly as good as fortify) and culling is great for us. With quality I think it's way better than faster attacks or added fire.
Editado por útlima vez por Sicyo en 13 ene. 2016 16:50:47
Hmm interesting idea. I've completely forgot about the culling strike buff. To be honest it does look pretty sexy now ( and not just for this build ). Hmm actually ... are you sure that it got buffed ? After some research it doesn't seem to be changed at all! In any case .... that just shows how used we are to some certain previous knowledge ( this is good, this is bad ) and how revisiting some gems, items, idea can be extremely beneficial !

EDIT: Ok so after a couple of quick tests and some thinking about it here is my opinion on 20/20% Culling Strike compared to added fire damage and faster attacks.

Both faster attacks and added fire damage add more tooltip DPS .. no tooltip is not the right word ... more dps on papper. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they are better .. let me break down what each of those 3 gems gives so i can explain better.

Added Fire damage
+ Gives a pretty big damage boost ( fire )
- the damage it gives is elemental and that leads to 2 cons. - monsters have fire resistance ( and bosses have a lot of it ) so even if the damage numbers on paper are very high the actual damage is not that high. ANd of course you can't leech from that extra fire damage that you get from this support gem

Faster Attacks
+ It gives you a lot of attack speed
- That can be a problem if you can't kill things with low amount of hits ... ah .. this needs more explaining. If you must decide between more attack speed or more damage (with this build) you must consider the following - you won't to kill things with as few hits as possible in order to have a steady flow of frenzy charges so that you can be with max frenzy charges 24/7. Frenzy charges = damage = attack speed. So when you consider using faster attacks over a damage boosting support gem you should test and see if it's ok for you to miss on that potential damage boost in favor of the attack speed.

Culling Strike
+ It gives some damage ( physical )
+ It gives some attack speed ( if 20/20% gem )
+ It gives culling strike
The culling strike is great because with it you will insta-kill things that otherwise would survive at 10% or less life. Also it is great for Bosses.
Now you look at all the pros. of this gem and the lack of cons. but the cons. here are hidden. The cons. are that yes it gives physical damage and yes it gives attack speed but the problem is that it gives rather small amounts of it. Should you consider using it? Absolutely ! Should you actually use it? Perhaps ... more testing is required in my opinion.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 13 ene. 2016 17:59:55
viable on HC? I think this is it, but... need a pro players words...
"
KorgothBG escribió:
some play it in hc and say its ok but personally I wouldn't recommend it.
"
KorgothBG escribió:
Hmm interesting idea. I've completely forgot about the culling strike buff. To be honest it does look pretty sexy now ( and not just for this build ). Hmm actually ... are you sure that it got buffed ? After some research it doesn't seem to be changed at all! In any case .... that just shows how used we are to some certain previous knowledge ( this is good, this is bad ) and how revisiting some gems, items, idea can be extremely beneficial !

Positive it got buffed. Poe wiki doesn't list the change on their page for the gem but the awakening patch notes do.

Your math/testing/thinking is very similar to mine. Swords get loads of attack speed on tree so I felt I didn't need Faster Attacks. I wanted more benefits than Added Fire gives plus I don't like having to worry about enemy fire resist. Plus with culling it makes the build a little more party viable.

Also, been leveling my Oro's Templar. Once you get 67 and swap your setup, equip the sword, it's essentially game over for anything on your screen. I killed merc Dom before he could Touch Of God even once. Still using tabula but I've got my end game helmet, gloves, and yet to be corrupted boots. Profile is visible if you're curious.
It's hard to get the information needed for the pre-2.0.0 culling strike. It used to give penalty to your attack/cast speed but that penalty was reduced up to level 20 when it was completely gone now it just gives no penalty at all levels that much i remember. What i couldn't remember was the difference in the damage increase at level 20. So after some searching i think i used to be 20% and now it's 38% which is not bad, though i personally think that further buffs for culling strike are in order.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional