[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Awesome Guide, i learned so many things. I used poe planer, only to realize that Korgoths passive tree is very good. I have a slightly different tree because i use Frenzy as attack and have 6 charges now. As someone who was new to this build id would like to add some newbiefacts that i realized during playing this build:

- check poe.trade for rings and amuletts with flat physical, at poemods.com you can see the highest possible rolls for flat physical, for rings its 9-15 (without the 1-4 attribute) and for amuletts its 15-26. Check poe.trade for 12 phys rings and 20 phys amuletts, rings can be very cheap, i got this ring for 1c

- you dont need mana, you can use two 50% auras, triggered gems (cwdt and reckoning) dont use any mana, everything else is linked with blood magic

- only buy an abyssus with 40% physical damage taken and use reckoning in that helmet, because ist easy to roll 4 red sockets

- you need unlinked sockets for your auras

- if you want to upgrade your Lioneyes Shield, search for pinnacle tower shields, they have 25% base block. They can get 6% additional block chance and over 2000 armour
Hi Korgoth,

Like most others here, I'm a huge fan of your thread (used it to MASSIVELY improve my own Facebreaker Cyclone Scion). I have one question, though:

Your curse section says that Punishment applies the buff when you hit a cursed enemy. The skill description, however, says it applies when the enemy hits you. I have been trying it out, due to your suggestions of it's amazing power -- but have been disappointed. Since I shield charge into a mob, cyclone out, and everything is dead, it's very rare that I get to see the Punishment buff actually trigger -- all the baddies are dead before then can hit me (also have evade and block decreasing "hit" likelihood).

Am I missing something here? If not, I may have to go back to vulnerability. While it has less potential, it would be functioning much more often...

Thanks in advance :)
@Samus2
Well in the end you have to see not just what you'll gain but what you could gain for the same amount of passives if you use them elsewhere. Compare the results and pick the one that seems better for you at this point. I just want to say that the 5% freeze chance doesn't really seem like much in my opinion - i'm sure that you kill trash mobs in one hit and if you freeze a boss it would be for a tiny fraction of a second... and of course 5% isn't much to begin with.

@uglyHansWurst
Very good tips! I'll consider later today adding some of them in the tips&tricks section ( if you don't mind of course :) )

@rgracon
Thanks for noticing man .. really a mistake in the wording i guess which i'll fix right away. When it comes to your concerns about the usefulness of punishment i have to say that i do share them to some extend. It is already relatively rare occasion to actually trigger the CWDT ... but with Punishment there is even another condition in order for it to work. Honestly it seemed better to me when i've started using it but now after some extensive testing i can say that - it sure is great ... when you get it to work.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hey Korgoth,

Amazing guide, thanks very much! I managed to get a scion facebreaker up to level 67 so far without dying, which is the furthest I've managed by a long shot.

I'm not experienced with characters over level 70, so my question is about chaos resistance. Is it important getting more than 0% chaos resistance for a tanky build? I just finished re-sorting my gear so I've now got 69% chaos resistance, but I notice you don't have anywhere near that amount. Did I make a mistake by going that high? Should I focus on more life instead?

Thanks again!
@Wuffell
It's not a mistake if you don't neglect something else in favor of chaos resistance ( i.e. life ). Of course it's always nice to have chaos resistance but it is not important. There are few sources of chaos damage in Path of Exile and most of them are in the form of damage over time which is easily manageable by the combination of life regen, flasks, life leech, big life pool and in many cases .. just getting out of the poison cloud :)
Also don't forget that the Atziri flask is a chaos resistance flask.

So in the end ... high chaos res is good as long as something else doesn't suffer because of that.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
In your guide you say: "15. Always have a flask that can remove “frozen”."

I can only see Taste of Hate in your build, which just has a 30% chance not to be frozen.
Are you taking another anti-freeze-flask in your inventory?
I often find strongboxes with "freeze on open" that are too dangerous with just a 30% chance to not being frozen.

Currently i'm running a setup with a life-based anti-freezing flask.
Thanks!
I stand by that advice though i no longer follow it because i just don't have a mod slot in my flasks. The remove bleeding is dozens of times more important, and the movement speed of my quicksilver flask increases my clear speed by a lot and i just don't want to loose that... and the rest are unique flasks.
The thing is that the only time when i get frozen for a duration long enough to be noticed is exactly when i open boxes that freeze you. So what i do is this - i evaluate if the box poses any thread if it does ... i reroll it, if it doesn't i don't care about being frozen and just open it as it is.
But if you have lower defenses you can get frozen for considerable duration by lots of things ... if that's the case ... a remove freezing flask will save your life again and again.
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 22 ago. 2015 8:08:02
So dumb question, but how viable, or possible, would it be to use this brawler build as a Witch?

I understood that the game pretty much allows for putting your points where-ever along the way of training characters up, and that had me pretty hyped for trying this out on a Witch.

How gimped am I?
I'm sorry to say that but ... A lot.... Somewhere in between "don't do it" and "oh god please don't do it!".

I used to have an energy shield witch long time ago ( the link to the guide is on the bottom of this thread alongside other no longer viable builds ). But many things have changed and now unfortunately that build is unplayable.
"
KorgothBG escribió:
I'm sorry to say that but ... A lot.... Somewhere in between "don't do it" and "oh god please don't do it!".

I used to have an energy shield witch long time ago ( the link to the guide is on the bottom of this thread alongside other no longer viable builds ). But many things have changed and now unfortunately that build is unplayable.

Best to hear that at L5 than to spend considerably more time on such an attempt!

Much obliged. Will just use Marauder like a good girl.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional