[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

I'm using level 1 CWDT.
Perhaps it has something to do with me playing only solo vs you playing in a party. But even so i think that the rest of the points remain valid .
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 13 jul. 2015 17:43:53
I hadn't fully analyzed the length of time it stays up. It's heavily nerfed from the past. I'm not sure how to get it to stay up for more than a second, which is a point against it. I might switch it out for Molten Shell. It does help, to be fair, if you run into something that does some huge physical hits that bypass even our armor ratings, but aside from that, I think it falls into the 'nice to have' category. If there was a good way to up it's duration, I think it'd be a lot more useful.

It could also be useful for leveling a Facebreaker as a way to mitigate physical damage before you have huge amounts of armor.
My Builds:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1739942 - Flee the Fire! Fireball / Flameblast Sire of Shards Chieftain
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1572176 - Chill and Breathe: An Arctic Breath Totem Build
Editado por útlima vez por Eustacio en 13 jul. 2015 18:19:41
"
Eustacio escribió:

It could also be useful for leveling a Facebreaker as a way to mitigate physical damage before you have huge amounts of armor.

It could be though the unreliable nature of CWDT makes it "not good enough" if you ask me. Perhaps if self-casted at the right moment ... i know i don't want to be the guy who has to rely so heavily on his reflexes to cast something that lasts for a second just in the right moment.

The way to prolong the duration is by grabbing a lot more endurance charges ... but that requires way too much passives in my opinion.

Like you said at the moment it is in the 'nice to have' category, which is just not good enough for me.

EDIT:
btw here's something interesting to look for in the warbands league:

Some say that they are godly BiS for Facebreaekrs boots ... i'd say .. .not really. Sure 5-7 flat phys is awesome ... but no life, only 20% movement speed, only fire resist( and not that much by the looks of it ). Still not a bad unique.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 13 jul. 2015 19:50:30
It's a great unique if you can handle not getting life and can cap your resists elsewhere. Not always an easy task. 20% move speed is alright. Not spectacular, but at least the boots have move speed. If they didn't have move speed, I'd ignore them completely.

I'd rank them ahead of Great Old One's Ward in terms of "alternate gear options" to the standard setup, that's for certain.
My Builds:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1739942 - Flee the Fire! Fireball / Flameblast Sire of Shards Chieftain
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1572176 - Chill and Breathe: An Arctic Breath Totem Build
"
Eustacio escribió:

I'd rank them ahead of Great Old One's Ward in terms of "alternate gear options" to the standard setup, that's for certain.

Yup, i can agree with that completely.
Hi, silent stalker here of your build. Great job and not that expensive. I found this little jewel recently and I think it sinergizes nicely with your build: http://i.imgur.com/xET46EV.jpg
IGN: Eluende
I nice jewel indeed though a rare one could give you more. The good thing about this nique jewel is that you don't need to worry about rolls and mods even if they can do more in the case of a rare jewel.

Anyway thanks for bringing that jewel to my attention, it was added in the jewel section :)

EDIT: I've refunded 3 points to grab an extra socket so i could use the pugilist and this is what i've got from all this:

+2% increased physical damage
+10% armour
+26% evasion
-3% life

Worth it in my opinion especially when i'll get back the refunded 5% life/ 6% armour passive when i reach level 97 ( and leveling seems easier now with the changes to map levels and char lvl vs area level exp penalty )
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 14 jul. 2015 12:59:37
Hey, just wanted to share my setup to see what you think about gem links and in case it helps Belly of the Beast users:

Spoiler

I don't use all three auras at once. By by putting them all in my shield I can choose if I want Hatred + Determination or Hatred + Haste based on map mods.

I flip flop between using Enhance or Faster Attacks in my boots.

<< Passive Skill Tree >> (Feels done at level 94)

For jewels I use Warlord's Reach and Martial Artistry (I don't feel like I need any other jewel slots), but I really don't notice much of an AoE difference with or without the jewels when using Concentrated Effect.

Something I didn't expect: the new Shield Charge is fantastic! I love it. It gets you from A to B so quickly, and the recovery time is short.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Editado por útlima vez por Tempada en 14 jul. 2015 12:59:24
Shield charge you say ... you know i haven't tried it in 2.0.0 . I'll get right to it!

Very first impressions about Shield charge:
I do like it to some extend. It gets you where you want to be faster, the downsides are that it gets blocked by all obstacles - big or small. Also there is a very brief period when you arrive while you are slamming with your shield you can do anything else, but that gets better if you combine it with faster attacks.

Of course a lot more testing is required and i wonder if i decide that i want to use it .. what will i drop ... and will i link it to faster attacks ( and what will i drop for the faster attacks ) Anyway it is surely worth checking out guys!
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 14 jul. 2015 13:11:24
What are your thoughts on lightning coil? Since facebreakers benefit so greatly from abyssus' flat physical damage, woulnd't it make sense to mitigate it's major downside with LC?

with a level 11 purity of lightning we can achieve 77% lightning resistance and the additional 40% physical damage from abyssus is mitigated by our lightning coil quite effectively.
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional