[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Well i can't really say if MS directly does more damage but it surely makes a big difference when it comes to clear speed. But in the end you want lots of both so the more the better :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 2 may. 2015 6:49:55
Does "Adds X-X Chaos Damage" scale with Facebreakers? :P

Or doesn't it affect facebreakers physical at all? :/
It does not affet it in any way. It's just like X-X fire/cold/lightning damage
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I'm a level 74 Duelist doing this as Inferno Blow and it's awesome fun seeing monsters "pop!"... although my defences are pretty bad... need more resistance (they're about 30/30/30 atm) so I die pretty quickly with bosses (or boxes if I get surrounded).

Few questions on the passive tree.

Question 1:
Why do we spend points to head up the left hand side and pick up Aura Area of Effect and Reduced Mana Reservation? I see there's also a few life nodes picked up but it's a lot of points spent up there.

Wouldn't these points be best spent elsewhere?

Question 2:
Assuming the answer to Q1 is a personal preference, I was thinking if I needed life I could pick up the nodes around Constitution? I've also picked up the +18 resistance nodes.

What are your thoughts on this?

Question 3:
Any suggestions as to other useful nodes to pick up?
Editado por útlima vez por brunowa en 2 may. 2015 20:49:41
Answer 1
Without the 4% reduced mana reservation node you can't run Herald of Ash + Determination + Hatred and that's a pretty big deal.

Answer 2
Well i'm picking up the rest of the Constitution nodes at level 95+ there's just more essential stuff to grab before that but those nodes are pretty nice too.
It's good that you'v picket up the res nodes since you really need to cap your resitances and that leads me to...

Answer 3
Cap your resistances ASAP sacrifice life nodes, damage nodes, even 1% block chance nodes but cap your resistances ... right now! Grab the rest of the passives in the diamond skin cluster, grab the ressits with shield in the sanctuary cluster, take the nodes around Barbarism ( if you haven't done that yet ) ... whatever it takes to get those resistanes capped .. hell .. even loose herald of ash and use Purity of elements ... YES it's that important!
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 2 may. 2015 20:59:27
Ok guys so i've finally started a FB build in the Closed Beta ... after all what's the point in testing things that i know little about ( i.e summoners ) it would be best if i test something that i have experience with... so i've gathered some essentials ( Facebreaker Gloves, Crest of Perandus, some flat phys jewelry, the unarmed AOE jewel, the +4 unarmed range jewel.. no meginord's girdle unfortunately ) and i've started the character today.

Things haven't changed much really besides cyclone. Guys with the AOE and Range jewels the Cyclone already has enough AoE! That's without Concentrated effect but also that's with 0% quality Cyclone and without Amplify or any AoE radius gear. So it's safe to say that the Increase AoE radius support gem won't be a good choice anymore. That also means that Carcass Jack will still be useful but not essential in any way!
The thing is that it's not just the jewels ... the changes to how monster packs behave ( initially they are closer together and they tend to stay closer ) means that lesser aoe radius is now required in order to hit everything. Also the great improvements to desync even without the lockstep mode implemented yet means that you no longer need extra AOE just so you can kill desynced monsters without actually knowing they are.
The low mana cost of cyclone makes it usable without Blood Magic until you decide that you want to reserve all/most of your mana for auras/buffs.
To be honest i really don't see why anyone would want to run anything but Cyclone Facebreaker in the expansion.

P.S. Hopefully i'll get my hands on a flat phys damage jewel per buff (Mantra of Force) before the future wipe ( whenever that is ) in order to provide you with some info regarding that seemingly OP for Facebreakers jewel.
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 3 may. 2015 11:22:00
Wow that sounds just insanly good and powerful.

there has to be a nerf coming, or there has to be some huge drawback ...

I guess GGG will balance this somehow.
I just started playing this build as a budget choice to keep me interested while I wait for Act 4.

Do we need Cyclone costs a lot in a 6L though, ~170 life to cast which I imagine will be better once I get more life nodes.

Spoiler

I've got a Remorse in my stash but I'm only 65. DPS has been pretty decent at 22K right now, I expect it to increase a little bit later as well. Really fun to play!
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
With bigger life pool and more life regen you'll never notice the cost of Cyclone.
Just a quick thought on the Mantra of Force Jewel: If you want to push that thing to the extremes, it can get really absurd.

With a bit of a stretch you can get 30 reduced mana reserved through the tree. Combine that with two 20/20 reduced mana-setups in two four links, and you can run: Determination, all three Heralds, Tempest Shield and Purity of Elements (or whatever element). If you have access to a six-link chest you can then link your main skill (cyclone for example), fortify (which should also count as a buff?), blood magic, two generic dmg gems (mellee phys, faster attacks etc), and in the last slot you can put a golem (another buff - I would theorize that chaos would be nice - reduced phys always good), who then would benefit also greatly from fortify + extra damage, and would be castable without mana would he ever die. Or just keep him in the last available chest socket without links, if it is a five link. Those golems seems to be quite tanky, the way it seems.

In the shield you could run a Cwdt, Immortal Call setup + self cast Enduring Cry, giving you long Imm. Calls - which also counts as a buff.

In the last four link you could then run a standart Riposte/Reckoning and Curse on Hit setup, or you go all out and even run a low lvl clarity, just for the buff.

Now add in Blood Rage either in the four link or in an unset ring, and you got a total of whopping 9 to 11 buffs on you (depending on taking Clarity and if you have an Immortal Call going on), resulting in about 50 - 120 extra phys dmg per average. With one jewel, and not all that many sacrifices in the tree, or to defenses. That sounds like some crazy damage to me.

But I don't think they will incorporate the jewel like this to live. There will most likely be some nerfs.

But if not, I will try to make the buffest of buffed facebreakers, that is sure...

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional