[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

On the question why not iron reflexes.
because
1. You need to waste 4 points to get it.
2. You don't really get more armour with grace + Iron reflexes compared to the good old determination
3. You lose your chance to evade .. and even the slightest chance to evade is better than to be unable to evade at all.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
thank you for such a quick reply and I really appreciate all the help, even though I am sure a lot of it was in your post which I have probably read from top to bottom over 3 times.
IGN: xHulk_Smashx

This is a beta and we are all just testers.
It's a big guide ^^
I don't mind to explain a thing or two in a quick comment :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
So I went cyclone and have done the tree and I have a few issues I am lvl 83 so I dont have as many points to invest as you but my block chance is only 48%, and my damage is only about 26k with auras the gems are still low level and most of them are not quality 20 will that make a significant jump in damage? my resist are maxed and life is 4.7k someone told me blocking was nerfed in 1.3? any advice on how to fix these issues would be greatly appreciated

heres my skill tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SMRYXz8UIO8OUEfkURo-8i9-4nk56dUc52oeajtnm64-d-M8LZ7NpzDynMT2cqn3MnzZrKpZ88AaGjiQVScvZp760hZv42okqjbpFy9k51XWgKQ9DxzOK1ANzf5UJIsGOfuq8wZRYEz_r2xo8vAfogAEs8Bmn9_vfMauHKcMX1Oltz7-Cti9NZK18m6qSsiKr5ARguQ_JypNFSDRNgkz4iws6crTGbS-p2VNvTZHfoTZL8y2imLswYKE73Tteu8FLWBL

Editado por útlima vez por gosuion en 23 dic. 2014 13:55:11
You can no longer reach 75% block chance after 1.3 .
Get testudo and Retaliation asap.
Level up your gems .. hell you are loosing at least 7k DPS from your low level / no quality gems ( especially level 7 concentrate effect ).
Eventually get more X% phys dmg nodes .. for IB/DB/Frenzy it doesn't add that much but for cyclone it is a pretty nice DPS boost.
Do you really need all that res nodes ? they are eating a lot of your passives. If you do i'd suggest to upgrade your jewelry, for example use master crafting for your iron ring and your amulet.
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 23 dic. 2014 14:02:41
Thats one of my biggest down falls I've been gone for so long I just reached level 3 for my masters today that took about 10 minutes though. If I could get better resists on my jewelry and keep physical damage mods I could easily get rid of some of my resist nodes, but I spent the majority of my currency on my 6l carcass jack. I'm not worried about leveling the gems its making them quality that's going to take a while. Just two last question before I start going to work on fixing this which gems should I quality first it sounds like concentrate would benefit me most. The other question is if I can't reach 75% block what am I trying to go for?

"
KorgothBG escribió:
On the question why not iron reflexes.
because
1. You need to waste 4 points to get it.
2. You don't really get more armour with grace + Iron reflexes compared to the good old determination
3. You lose your chance to evade .. and even the slightest chance to evade is better than to be unable to evade at all.

1) It's not a waste if your gear provides a good chunk of evasion. If your armor has no evasion then no need to get IR.
2) Grace+IR outperforms Determination most of the time if your gear is ar/eva.
3) You do NOT lose your chance to evade, that is Unwavering Stance. You'll still have 5% chance to evade with IR.

"
KorgothBG escribió:

Counter-attack skills
The counter-attack skills deal very good amounts of damage when you block/take hits. And you don't even need to link them to many support gems in order for them to be useful. The damage from these skills an't be reflected by your enemies.

Pretty sure it's a typo but Counter Attack skills CAN be reflected.
Editado por útlima vez por EmAitch en 23 dic. 2014 17:09:04
"
gosuion escribió:
Thats one of my biggest down falls I've been gone for so long I just reached level 3 for my masters today that took about 10 minutes though. If I could get better resists on my jewelry and keep physical damage mods I could easily get rid of some of my resist nodes, but I spent the majority of my currency on my 6l carcass jack. I'm not worried about leveling the gems its making them quality that's going to take a while. Just two last question before I start going to work on fixing this which gems should I quality first it sounds like concentrate would benefit me most. The other question is if I can't reach 75% block what am I trying to go for?

It's still possible to get 75% block chance but you'll have to make some sacrafices: Spend more points to get all the shield nodes for 33% block chance + 10% legacy Anvil (can be corrupted for 2-4% block, but this slows movement/sacrafices a damage slot) + Aegis (32%) = 75%. OR get 29% from tree + Anvil 10% + Aegis 32% + Tempest Shield 4%.

OR you could use a legacy BoR 15% + 24% passive tree + Aegis 32% + Tempest Shield 4% = 75%.

Is it practical? Perhaps, or perhaps not. But is it possible to still cap block? Yes.

Spoiler
...I wish the creator of this thread would be a bit more open minded instead of forcing his one sided opinion onto everyone who comes here for advice.
Editado por útlima vez por EmAitch en 23 dic. 2014 17:20:19
"
KorgothBG escribió:
I absolutely agree there are more than 1 way to play the cylcone FB that's for sure ^^

About the range ... you are range you are absolutely right but that's because yo don't use increased AoE instead of added fire, lower tooltip dps, no real difference in damage and better DPS, but yea i guess the way yo use HoA makes up for that.

The sheld looks cool if yo don't need block or armour , which you don't as long as you have your IC up... hell if it was me i would've forget to use it all the time! :D

Any thoughts on this one? I'm tempted to rip it to standard just to see how much more dps I can get on my cycloner. But the lost of resists will be brutal.

„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
@gosuion
You want to have around 50-55% block chance

As for which gems to quality first, i'd say start with cyclone, the extra aoe radius will be very helpful.

@EmAitch
Mate .. you are talking about general things while i talk about the current situation of gosuion. Of course IR is fine if you have ev or ar/ev gear - he does not have enough ev on his gear for IR + Grace to be worth it. Yes capped block chance is reachable , but he does not use Aegis and he does not use the anvil ( which will lead in a crap DPS ), nor does he use tempest shield ( which will lead to the lost of HoA > even less DPS )

Yes he could also use legacy BoR ( like i already said a couple of pages bakc that getting near 75% with bor is easy ) ... but he DOES NOT use one...
its like me saying : "You can't reach 10k life" and you saying : "Hell yes you can, with all passive points into life, legacy kaom's heart and kaom's boots and if you play a different build"

As for the evasion chance with 0 evasion - yup it's 5% ( 10% with ondar's guile ) i guess i've missed to explain that... sorry about that... anyway it is still evasion chance loss

And yes it's a typo i guess because indeed counterattacks can and are reflected.

Spoiler
.. the creator of this thread has tried pretty much everything when it comes to facebreakers ( BoR builds, no BoR builds, all in offense, life based, es based, armour based, evasion based, hybrid based, acro based, with RT , without RT, IB builds, Frenzy builds, DB builds, cyclone builds, even ele hit builds, MoM + AA builds, without a shield, AoF builds, etc. etc. ) for the past 2 years and he talks from personal experience, he doesn't force anyone into anything , he gives his opinion and suggests solutions that he knows that will work, but in the end the decision is not his

@Odoakar
Awesome shield when it comes to damage .. but you lose tons of defenses ( life, block, armour, resistances ( if you have a rare shield ) )
Personally i wouldn't use it because i already have enough damage ... and i don't want to sacrifice tankiness to get even more damage which i don't need... but that's just me...
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 23 dic. 2014 19:28:42

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional