[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

"
KorgothBG escribió:
Well even so .. i don't know mate ... i'm pretty sure that you'll get more if you just run determination and don't go on the left side of the tree ... even with crest of perandus ... after all Lioneye's remorse is cheap and easy to find but it's a map only drop so it might take some time until you can get one in a new league.
It's up to you of course but i think that those 11 points can be spend better than that.

Yeah I know, I'm with you for those 11 points
Re-made in Poe Builder.
my current cyclone fb i use has 166%hp and im at 5.2khp,13%block, 62.6kdps(self-buffed,no flask) in-game.
this build increases it to 176%hp, 18% block, and more dps.

edit: just to specify, this build is higher than my actual current lvl in-game, however hp, and block stay the same in my complete build that im running now, just my dps increases. the dps at the same lvl for each of those build in only around 5-6% difference, just the hp and block changes mainly.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAuR0V7JkrvYHKkITZL8xHfgHctorBgr02vopi7GVNeA2E776nqW507Rm0tfJsRnrvapNuqjWScmwFLbZBSsjYvTIJYEtOKv4KXhMppbc-8kVAoMauOuHAvzwtpleplQSHxPZM_zGeDPePmXKpPQ-vbKyvMk6sqvcyHM4ki2jyWfPqGHzZK1AGOfAfwBp2rA3NgFaiAGaez37-VE99BLP60q2NUWDAZhcvFm_ZYZ_fZOckquNqVw3vfDbp0iHyQZ7Nggfp1acw2Xx5OfKcfuJulxo-977yL18_FCDvDlBH5FE=
Editado por útlima vez por tittiesareawesom en 5 dic. 2014 14:57:06
I don't know man .. in my opinion you greatly underestimate block ... it has been nerfed for a reason and that reason is that it is indeed the best defensive mechanic in Path of Exile.

I find it .. strange .. how with pretty much the same passives as my suggest tree you get less of .. well ... pretty much everything.

And of course that Iron Reflexes ... come on .. when will people stop looking at it and say "oh god its a must for a melee" ... it was in .. what 1.0 .. and maybe in 1.1 .. but thats no longer the case! Getting Iron Reflexes is the easiest way to waste passives points in my opinion. If you were using 2h weapon i'd understand due to the lack of base armour ( from shield) from which you can scale your determination .. but when you are using a shield which gives a huge amounts of armour .. Grace + IR is .. well .. i already said it .. a waste of passives. Not just that you loose points, but you don't really get more armour and on top of that you lose your ability to evade attacks ( for me its around 20-25% .. estimated vs same level enemies - 93 .. and there are no level 93 monsters yet )

I understand the need of some to keep boosting their DPS .. but it's not really needed ... with just 30k cyclone you can kill every map boss in seconds and you can kill Atziri with ease ... with 45k? even better! But 60k ? 100k? 200k? While sacrificing defenses? It's just pointless! You don't increase your clear speed because you already insta-kill everything so spending even more into offenses doesn't help it just makes you more prone to one-shot deaths and dying in general...

That's just my personal opinion tho ...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 5 dic. 2014 15:12:35
Korgoth, im assuming you use life leech on your gear? (i know its kinda silly to ask, but just checking)
Noticing the lack of lust for carnage wheel.

Yes, i have ... 2% i think ? maybe even 1%? Anyway it's more than enough .. you don't need to leech vs reflect due to the high block chance .. and the huge amounts of life regen keep you at max life all the time .. but at least 1% is a good think to have. And if you can't get it from gear taking the first 1% life leech node might be enough .. you can respec it later when you get leech from your gear. Too bad that the wheel is 2x10str nodes away .. but i guess its worth it!

EDIT: yup 2% i have 2% life leech from my gear.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 5 dic. 2014 16:05:52
Yeah, i have been looking for some leech gear with the proper stats, unable to find any atm without spending a bit more than i want to.
So I do take the carnage wheel for that reason. Now liek i mentioned before, im sitting at 5.2k hp with 166% o nthe tree, so by going with 209% with your tree, you should be at what, 5.7k hp? maybe more?

I love going melee builds (in any game), kinda my niche, so I am trying to pull apart your build to see what your thought behind each part of your build (so yeah I am questioning everything, just not doing it in a bad way).

And i would love to be able to go facebreaker in the new 1.3 patch, but im kinda concerned about it now.
Since I would have to use a 800% FB, I am looking to compensate for the lack of that 200% extra unarmed dmg.

I will do more damage and maybe higher armour in the next update but have less life and less block chance. That's what i can see.

Current passive tree:

Current passive tree stats:

Future passive tree:

Future passive tree stats:
Spoiler
90 + to Dexterity
60 + to Intelligence
270 + to Strength
20 + to Strength and Intelligence
Defense
24 % additional Chance to Block with Shields
32 % increased Armour
120 % increased Block Recovery
340 % increased Defences from equipped Shield
44 % increased Evasion Rating and Armour
10 % increased maximum Energy Shield
169 % increased maximum Life
4 % of Life Regenerated per Second
94 + to maximum Life
28 +% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield
20 +% to Chaos Resistance
25 +% to all Elemental Resistances
0 Ignore all Movement Penalties from Armour
Spell
8 % increased Area Damage
4 % increased Attack and Cast Speed
5 % increased Effect of Buffs on You
40 % increased Mana Regeneration Rate
16 % increased Radius of Area Skills
16 % increased Spell Damage
24 % increased maximum Mana
19 % reduced Mana Cost of Skills
Weapon
20 % increased Accuracy Rating
18 % increased Attack Speed
6 % increased Attack Speed while holding a Shield
4 % increased Melee Attack Speed
86 % increased Melee Physical Damage
72 % increased Melee Physical Damage while holding a Shield
24 % increased Physical Damage with Attacks
2 + to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
Misc
16 % increased Melee Damage

Edit: might skip command of steel altogether. Seems like a waste to spend so many points to get 4% block chance. probably better to replace that 4% block chance with tempest shield and do this instead:
Editado por útlima vez por kompaniet en 5 dic. 2014 17:36:06
@tittiesareawesom
Well with 800% facebreakers and close to my gear you'll end up at around 37k DPS cyclone with the current passive skill tree. With the new passive skill tree we are getting tons of % physical damage of which cyclone benefits a lot . So even with 800% facebreakers and good gear you'll be able to reach at least 42k DPS.
With 209% life ( and again with my gear and at my level ) i should end up with around 5900 life. Now anything above 5000 life is really ok .. but you can't have too much when it comes to life.
But what i really want you to consider is the Block chance .. look at it that way 1% block chance = 1% immortality vs attacks, not to mention that as you well know you can block your own reflected attacks, and of course the Saffel's Frame shield which is a life saver vs some bosses IF you have high block chance. So yeah .. you can say that block should be your top priority .. as long as you don't sacrifice too much in order to get block chance it would be points well spent.
So even 1% block chance for 1 skill point is a good deal!

And some final words about damage ... with cyclone 30-35k dps is more than enough to clear everything at a close to optimal speed. So don't worry about using nerfed Facebreakers they provide enough damage .. even if you don't have perfect gear ... even if you don't have 6L .. it will be enough .. especially now with the new skill tree ( it gives you at least 60% more physical damage )

@kompaniet
well yea .. pretty much that's what will change with the new tree .. tho i would say that the life difference will be minimal. The tree look fine for a mana user. I see that you have some res problems.
Btw Revelry looks nice as an option to sustain your mana tho it won't be that efficient vs bosses ... and with the mana costs reduced by the Unrelenting cluster you might not need any mana related nodes . but im not sure yet

About the command of steel .. idk... 4% is not bad ... the points spent are not that many .. and the extra 110% defenses from your shield is a pretty awesome thing. Don't forget that the X% extra shield defenses are then multiplied by your X% armour ... so the amount of armour gained with Lioneye's Remores is huge. 100% is like wearing a second shield! And using tempest shield .. i don't know .. i still don't find it attractive enough ... :/

P.S. Some personal thoughts about block. i really think that it god nerfed because it will be crucial for the new counterattack skills ( especially the one used with a shield obviously of which Chris talked about ) .. so stacking block might be even more important after 1.3 than it was before!
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 5 dic. 2014 17:42:49
The tree was for my rampage facebreaker duelist. I tend to make a new facebreaker charachter each league. I leveled him to 82 this time. My previous facebreaker duelist is lvl 90. Will probably level a new one to 80 something in the next league. It's a fun map charachter and the big bonus is that it is so cheap!!

Ended up with these items last league:
Spoiler

23k dps and 4500 something hp.

Those gem slots are always a big problem.

I will always designate a slot for these three skills:
1. Ice nova (Need a skill to break boxes, barrels and vases)
2. Teleport (Need a skill to teleport over obstacles)
3. Smoke mine (Need this skill to open boxes. Also nice to blind some boss)

Those 3 skills are must haves.
We facebreakers are starving for those gem slots.
When are they gonna make shield charge usable with facebreakers btw? And leap slam?
Editado por útlima vez por kompaniet en 5 dic. 2014 17:52:37
"
kompaniet escribió:

When are they gonna make shield charge usable with facebreakers btw? And leap slam?

I'm asking for that since Closed Beta ... no luck yet ...

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional