[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

"
Paion escribió:
Thank you very much for this thread, updating it and being so informative with it.

1.2 very much feels like a buff to my Facebreaker.

This is what I have managed to get together for it so far:

I am sure there are things I can do to improve the character but I feel very powerful and mostly very tanky. The main drawback to this build for me is lack of mobility. I wish I could use flicker stike, whirling blades or leap slam to get around faster. Oh well..

Kudos on the build and thread. +2

Carnage heart, daresso shield and goldwyrm are terrible for this build.
You can use lightning warp to teleport over obstacles.
Editado por útlima vez por kompaniet en 22 ago. 2014 10:54:22
"
kompaniet escribió:

Carnage heart, daresso shield and goldwyrm are terrible for this build.
You can use lightning warp to teleport over obstacles.

This is just the gear I have. I have maxed resists and feel tanky.

I initially took the Goldwyrm to help max fire resist and much needed mana regen. At the time it really made the build more playable since I was running out of mana constantly before.
I just swapped to a Blood Magic gem on my Infernal Blow which allows me to run Haste so I no longer need the mana regen and I will look for better boots. The IIQ was nice though.

Carnage heart might be terrible but for now it is just what the doctor ordered. Without it I would need to use a few lower level skills because of the +40 attributes I get from it. The resists are needed with the gear the way it is. The 10% life leach feels incredible too.

The new build I have more than enough block and no need for that Tempest Shield so I will indeed replace that with a Lightning Warp for some mobility. Thanks for bringing that up.

Running Hatred and Haste I am left with ~75 mana to cast so it's good the only secondary skill I really have to cast is the Vaal Cyclone every so often. I just realized, I might not even need the Life Leech gem in there. Might have to go with something else. Added Fire ?

I do also need to look at my flasks...

My main attack, Infernal Blow, is doing ~13.7k dps. For single target I swap in Added Fire instead of Melee Splash and get ~18.5k dps. None of my gems are maxed out yet or quality so I really feel strong.

It's so much fun to blow up the entire screen with one hit.
Hideout of the Week: Joe Schmoe VS. The Volcano
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkuAWFPgcdQ

Still available in Standard.
You are welcome to see it for yourself anytime.
Editado por útlima vez por Paion en 22 ago. 2014 12:53:23
Haste sucks for this build. Don't bother.
Carnage heart and life leech gem? You have better options here.

I tried the new curse poacher's mark but it didn't impress me. 3 nerfed frenzy charges add negligible damage. I only leveled it up to 5 though. For use with cwdt lvl 1.

Perhaps self casting at a higher level the life and mana on hit amount to something. The flask charges are always nice though.
Editado por útlima vez por kompaniet en 22 ago. 2014 14:55:57
I made a few gem changes. Life Leech gem is gone. The boots have to stay for now until I can get several pieces that work to make up for missing resists.
Spoiler
Hideout of the Week: Joe Schmoe VS. The Volcano
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkuAWFPgcdQ

Still available in Standard.
You are welcome to see it for yourself anytime.
Editado por útlima vez por Paion en 22 ago. 2014 16:34:26
what's the safest hc version of this build? i was thinking marauder infernal blow
Editado por útlima vez por ishmael_ en 23 ago. 2014 13:16:34
what do you mean by safest ? Which class to choose? If that's your question then the answer is : It doesn't really matter. Both Duelist and Marauder have pretty much the same survivability while leveling and the same survivability (and the same trees) in the end-game.
If you ask for a tankier build for HC .. well the build is as tankiest as possible with everything spent on defenses. So there isn't a tankier version of it.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG escribió:
what do you mean by safest ? Which class to choose? If that's your question then the answer is : It doesn't really matter. Both Duelist and Marauder have pretty much the same survivability while leveling and the same survivability (and the same trees) in the end-game.
If you ask for a tankier build for HC .. well the build is as tankiest as possible with everything spent on defenses. So there isn't a tankier version of it.

got ya
Any thought on HOA? I like it so far.

Here's my build as of now in Rampage...

if you have the mana for it it sounds cool ( i havnt tested it yet tho ) but if you are using mana with two 60% auras you just can't use it.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG escribió:
if you have the mana for it it sounds cool ( i havnt tested it yet tho ) but if you are using mana with two 60% auras you just can't use it.

Yep. You have to use blood magic. I am running blood magic :)

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional