[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

"
Dunnie escribió:
Hi again :)

I am currently level 81 and going on strong ;)
So I am just looking for some suggestions or improvements, if anyone have time to go through my character :)

My passives:

My stats:
Spoiler

Screenshot from ingame
Spoiler

Stats from Passives
Spoiler

+372 to Strength
+64 to Dexterity
+64 to Intelligence
+392 to maximum Mana
+954 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 293
3 Maximum Endurance Charge
4% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
92% increased Armour
190% increased maximum Life
4.5% of Life Regenerated per Second
15% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
+32% to all Elemental Resistances
+4% to maximum Fire Resistance
+4% to maximum Cold Resistance
+4% to maximum Lightning Resistance
+8% to Lightning Resistance
+23% to Fire Resistance
+8% to Cold Resistance
21% additional Chance to Block with Shields
40% increased Block Recovery
75% increased Defences from equipped Shield
28% increased Melee Physical Damage
Your hits can't be Evaded
Never deal Critical Strikes
12% increased Radius of Area Skills
8% increased Area Damage
3% increased Effect of Buffs on You
30% increased Attack Speed
56% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
8% increased maximum Mana
Ignore all Movement Penalties from Armour
12% of Block Chance applied to Spells
+20% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield
+12.8% Energy Shield
+74.4% increased Melee Physical Damage
+128 Accuracy Rating
12.8% increased Evasion Rating

My Gear:
Spoiler

-
Thanks! And have a good one! :D

Looking good to me.

1) Is that dps with or without hatred?
2) Add more fire resistance to take advantage of the +max fire res passives you have taken. You are currenly on 73%
3) You have 2% mana leech on your ring but blood magic in your helm? Why? You can get a nice dps boost by replacing bm with added fire.
4) Seems like you have taken too many block passives. You can probably drop 1 or 2 and still be on 75%
5) If you need dex there is the water dancing passive 1 point for +20 in duelist starting area. Or/and you can go the alternate route coming in south of warrior's blood in the marauder starting area instead of north above born to fight.
6) You can also craft rings with alt orbs until you get a good mod. Then use an augmentation orb to try and roll a second good mod. And finally a regal orb to add a third. Further attempts require exalted orbs. Just an alternate way of crafting.
Editado por útlima vez por kompaniet en 8 may. 2014 15:20:57
@bermuda1
sry, didnt spend much attention to this thread

a few changes wont make it i'm afraid, i spent quite some time and ex to improve this build to my needs

i achieved it using:

Swapped the Onyx Amulet for that one

The only auras i use are Determination and Hatred. If mana is low you could also run Clarity on Blood Magic.
PN: Haegar_der_Schreckliche
Editado por útlima vez por DerPizzadieb en 10 may. 2014 6:51:16
"
DerPizzadieb escribió:
@bermuda1
sry, didnt spend much attention to this thread

a few changes wont make it i'm afraid, i spent quite some time and ex to improve this build to my needs

i achieved it using:

Swapped the Onyx Amulet for that one

The only auras i use are Determination and Hatred. If mana is low you could also run Clarity on Blood Magic.

You got some interesting stuff there.

1) Chill from ice nova is nice (30% slow chance) but since you are already using hatred isn't this moot? Also from what i understand chill chance is based on cold damage dealt compared to your target's max life and ice nova does a pitiful amount of cold damage :(
2) Can ice nova trigger blind if linked together like you have?
3) You should add 20% quality to your temp chains gem for 10% more slow.
4) Why are you using aegis aurora when you don't have any energy shield? Can you explain?
5) Why max level enduring cry?
6) Can you really wear that spell block amulet? Looks like you will be losing a ton of attribute points needed to wear your gear if you replace your current rare one that is.
Editado por útlima vez por kompaniet en 10 may. 2014 7:20:36
"
kompaniet escribió:

You got some interesting stuff there.

1) Chill from ice nova is nice (30% slow chance) but since you are already using hatred isn't this moot? Also from what i understand chill chance is based on cold damage dealt compared to your target's max life and ice nova does a pitiful amount of cold damage :(
2) Can ice nova trigger blind if linked together like you have?
3) You should add 20% quality to your temp chains gem for 10% more slow.
4) Why are you using aegis aurora when you don't have any energy shield? Can you explain?
5) Why max level enduring cry?
6) Can you really wear that spell block amulet? Looks like you will be losing a ton of attribute points needed to wear your gear if you replace your current rare one that is.

1. the is nova is just used to apply the blind, a little chill chance is nice too but basically it just triggers as often as possible to reduce damage taken with blind.

2. yes, it triggers the blind, that was my idea behind it

3. I'm just to lazy to level it up again, might do this at times

4. having around 5xx shield from the aegis and boots while having max block and 65% spellblock. The amound is completely enough to negate any kind of damage that would insta kill you anyway. Small and fast amounts of damage is you friend, like the ray from Dominus, those Fist attack is your death.

6. Yes, like i said i adapted that build to my needs which looks like that

You will find 2x +30 Int, 1x +30 Dex and 1x +20 Dex to support the items/gems.

Basically this build can do lvl 78 Maps and the hardest bosses with no issues, also has not to worry too much about reflect. Courtyard Map Boss is totally your friend while Palace Map Boss can instantly kill you will his Fist Attack.

Sadly i havent found a way to beat Atziri yet, flameblast is my death, or to be exact the inability of facebreaking builds to dodge out of the range. Tried it with Rise of the Phoenix, but also hotswapping is a little difficult with multistrike in use, might try removing MS at some point.

Also the triple boss might give you the creeps while wearing the abyssus.
Editado por útlima vez por DerPizzadieb en 10 may. 2014 8:46:03
Maybe arctic breath would work well too?

It says on the wiki: Arctic Breath leaves a trail of ground ice that chills foes who walk over it.

Wonder if a lvl 1 arctic breath always chills?
Chill + 20/20 temp chains = 74% slow. If they also stack that is.
"
kompaniet escribió:

It says on the wiki: Arctic Breath leaves a trail of ground ice that chills foes who walk over it.

Sorry, but no.

For the slowing effect: Temporal Chains + CoC
For applying Blind: Ice/Lightning Nova + Blind + Increased Area+ CoC

I dont get why you would try to cast a single arctic breath onto something that right infront of you. there is a reason i use the things i use and to chill something isnt one of it.
Yes you could chill with Arctic Breath but since its just a single cast and the distance is like non existant it wouldnt be much of a use.
"
DerPizzadieb escribió:
"
kompaniet escribió:

Sorry, but no.

For the slowing effect: Temporal Chains + CoC
For applying Blind: Ice/Lightning Nova + Blind + Increased Area+ CoC

I dont get why you would try to cast a single arctic breath onto something that right infront of you. there is a reason i use the things i use and to chill something isnt one of it.
Yes you could chill with Arctic Breath but since its just a single cast and the distance is like non existant it wouldnt be much of a use.

No to what?

I was speaking more about my own needs. My worst problems are 74 vaal and his ground slam and also 74 dominus with his touch of god attack.

Maybe you have some better way of dealing with those but i was thinking of using temporal chains + using the slow from arctic breath to give me a chance to avoid aforementioned attacks.

Tried smoke mine but it's unreliable at best. I just get stuck in the multistrike animation and can't get out in time. Need something better.

I don't get why you mention coc? We can't crit with facebreakers it would be a pointless gem.
Oh and i use bor so i don't need the blind. But it sounds like a great gem to use with abyssus.
Editado por útlima vez por kompaniet en 10 may. 2014 16:08:12
"
kompaniet escribió:

No to what?

I was speaking more about my own needs. My worst problems are 74 vaal and his ground slam and also 74 dominus with his touch of god attack.

Maybe you have some better way of dealing with those but i was thinking of using temporal chains + using the slow from arctic breath to give me a chance to avoid aforementioned attacks.

Tried smoke mine but it's unreliable at best. I just get stuck in the multistrike animation and can't get out in time. Need something better.

I don't get why you mention coc? We can't crit with facebreakers it would be a pointless gem.
Oh and i use bor so i don't need the blind. But it sounds like a great gem to use with abyssus.

Sorry, i mean cwdt

while dominus is pretty hard to evade manually, the vaal oversould should be no real issue. Always be prepared if he cycles his arms and you get lots of time to get out of its way. Dominus has a too large AoE to evade, thats where the inability to use leap slam or shield bash gets anoying.
I'm not sure if you can even slow down the oversoul or dominus
Has anyone tested if you can slow down vaal or dominus?
I think that they can be chilled. The problem is that the chill duration is very short so there is actually no point in trying to chill them. If by slowing them you mean chilling them :)
If you mean slowing them in general - they can be slowed by Temporal chains.

By the way i've also tried ( long time ago ) the Ice nova + Blind + CWDT combo but to be honest i don't like the end result. Let me explain. Due to the high killing speed + high block chance you rarely trigger CWDT. Now add the low chance to blind and you end up with not blinding anything at all :/
At least that's my experience and observation of the combo.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional