[3.25] Community-crafted Pure Retal Gladiator | Sous-Vide the Atlas

"
Dragoon_Diver escribió:
"
PPGamerPL escribió:
Hi guys!

What setup are you running in terms of gems?
What I am currently using:

Evicerate - Expert Retal - Cruelty - Volatility - Melee Physical - Brutality
Glacial shield swipe - Expert retal - Ice bite - Unbound Aliments
Vengeful cry - urgent orders

What would you change here to get more dmg?
A couple replies mention that Expert Retaliation isn't worth it - is it true? I am running pure retaliation and I am afraid of long down time, so I want to be sure.

Thanks for help!

if you are not using ryslatha's belt, i recommend swapping volatility even if you are not stacking bleeds
i put fortify support instead or unbound ailments if you are having trouble with coloring sockets
about expert retal it shines if you are unlucky, but when you hit the permanent usable state, it does nothing for you...a matter of taste imo

I have fortify from Crushing Reply node, but UA seems like a good idea!
I was actually considering taking Crimson dance and stacking bleeds, but pob showed me a decrease im DPS (but honestly I should have tested it). Are there any Items/nodes that are necessary for this approach? And is it really possibile to reach pernament usable state?
Editado por útlima vez por PPGamerPL en 5 ago. 2024 8:37:06
"
PPGamerPL escribió:
"
Dragoon_Diver escribió:
"
PPGamerPL escribió:
Hi guys!

What setup are you running in terms of gems?
What I am currently using:

Evicerate - Expert Retal - Cruelty - Volatility - Melee Physical - Brutality
Glacial shield swipe - Expert retal - Ice bite - Unbound Aliments
Vengeful cry - urgent orders

What would you change here to get more dmg?
A couple replies mention that Expert Retaliation isn't worth it - is it true? I am running pure retaliation and I am afraid of long down time, so I want to be sure.

Thanks for help!

if you are not using ryslatha's belt, i recommend swapping volatility even if you are not stacking bleeds
i put fortify support instead or unbound ailments if you are having trouble with coloring sockets
about expert retal it shines if you are unlucky, but when you hit the permanent usable state, it does nothing for you...a matter of taste imo

I have fortify from Crushing Reply node, but UA seems like a good idea!
I was actually considering taking Crimson dance and stacking bleeds, but pob showed me a decrease im DPS (but honestly I should have tested it). Are there any Items/nodes that are necessary for this approach? And is it really possibile to reach pernament usable state?

not possible to reach a 100% permanent state, but for that cases i also spam a secondary retal to proc the Prepared response + mastery

also, pob is not calculating dots from retal correctly, especially ailment duration mastery and the attack rate seems wrong too
guys
i posted a very bad edited video for someone curious about how this concept works out
i had to remove audio because it keeps breaking when recording
lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I29okRaf6kM

enjoy? facepalm? you decide
Editado por útlima vez por Dragoon_Diver en 5 ago. 2024 14:05:11
see what you mean about it being slower with bosses but appreciate the video, playstyle looks pretty fun
Anyone tested Second Wind? I think I have better uptime with it.. I use it in both Crushing Fist and Swordstorm.

CF - Ex.Ret. - Melee Phy - Pulverize - Second Wind - Brutality

I may be wrong though..
Am very new to the game just started playing this week i did not look up a guide am kinda winging it and i made a retaliation only build am about to start act 4 now i would say i got no issues with damage but i have been squishy so am investing some points into life passives gl on ur build
"
Sakentelis escribió:
Anyone tested Second Wind? I think I have better uptime with it.. I use it in both Crushing Fist and Swordstorm.

CF - Ex.Ret. - Melee Phy - Pulverize - Second Wind - Brutality

I may be wrong though..

indeed for spamming second wind is better
but makes the attack costs a lot of mana
I hadn't seen this thread before, but I made a retaliate build for my leaguestart, and it's been going very well.

It's a HC build that oneshots every boss including the Searing Exarch, seen at the end of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7OI63KQWeg

(the oneshot portion of searing exarch is bugged, I have an open thread about it, so unfortunately I had to kill him very quickly, but it was more than one damage instance)

I also made a guide for anyone interested in more, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3545902
Editado por útlima vez por Mewfour en 5 ago. 2024 18:57:16
Been reading thru your thread here and its got some interesting take aways.

Making me wonder if i should get away from sword storm.

So far i have been running Swordstorm 6L with Crushing fist as a secondary on 4L.

I have been able to run t16 just fine. Done feared and few other misc things. But its lackluster when it comes to some bosses.

I can do Simus till about wave 12 and the dmg just isnt there to power thru kosis' shield sometimes with mods he gets.

I am still trying to figure things out but i am all for debating some ways to do these retaliate skills.

Here is my current pob: https://pobb.in/vCoYlJ4BSIMK
"
Mewfour escribió:
I hadn't seen this thread before, but I made a retaliate build for my leaguestart, and it's been going very well.

It's a HC build that oneshots every boss including the Searing Exarch, seen at the end of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7OI63KQWeg

(the oneshot portion of searing exarch is bugged, I have an open thread about it, so unfortunately I had to kill him very quickly, but it was more than one damage instance)

I also made a guide for anyone interested in more, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3545902

amazing job
someone poked me saturday about this combo with call of steel, but i decided to not go there because it would defeat this "challenge" that i imposed myself
and i would be replicating that ground slam + lord of steel abuse too
so get ready for your build to be nerfed next league :D

it also, reminds me of that ice crash build that could one shot any boss

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional