[3.22] The Forbidden Build 10 - DoT-Capped Healing - Tainted Pact Forbidden Rite Pathfinder

Is this build really playable? Loop is fine but I constantly dying 'WHEN FIGHT IS OVER' I really don't know why.
Loop is just ok I can survive like 10 mins afk with loop.
But when fight is over and there is no enemy, I just die(seems losing life is higher than healing).
Editado por útlima vez por steelskinever en 28 oct. 2023 6:04:46
Fun build. Feels tankier than scion cwdt, but I still have trouble trusting what's tankable and what isn't. Running a variant with MB and 3x 3% cdr abyssals (anom temporal rift can help too) with b&sand as third.

Trying to increase phys hits; it looks like we can take 30% or so of phys as without hurting the loop? 420*2. Gonna be a potential fancy helmet!
"
steelskinever escribió:
Is this build really playable? Loop is fine but I constantly dying 'WHEN FIGHT IS OVER' I really don't know why.
Loop is just ok I can survive like 10 mins afk with loop.
But when fight is over and there is no enemy, I just die(seems losing life is higher than healing).

Spoiler
Do you have enough fire resistance? Having 85% chaos res from poison stacks with less fire can potentially kill you with the fire dots. Ruby flask with effect is also a must for maximizing the net heals you get passively.
But overall instant dying is usually caused by not leeching, which is usually caused by the skelebros not looping properly. Very hard to tell which part is failing without seeing your build and even then I personally don't know the mechanics well enough to do so at a glance, I just know this build felt like desperately trying to balance a giant house of cards on top of a moving truck, but eventually it worked out and been happy chugging along since.

Okay actually nvm it took a tiny glance to see what seems to be most obviously wrong, you don't have cooldown recovery in your belt and seemingly anywhere else for the skeletons so they are not looping. Thus you are not leeching 100% of the time and the immense amount of self-poison after fight kills you instead of healing you. You could technically survive if you kept casting Rite until F.Taste and your poisons are gone (disable taste by just picking it up from your belt) but that's just not worth the trouble every time there's no enemies. Get the attribute plug from elsewhere (Primal Spirit node next to ranger start is a good bet, take the points from the topmost poison wheel because that is a very finishing touch, put the two/three extras into life/life+es nodes) and bench craft 12% cooldown recovery rate onto your belt
Editado por útlima vez por beegee0 en 1 nov. 2023 5:19:41
"
beegee0 escribió:
Okay actually nvm it took a tiny glance to see what seems to be most obviously wrong, you don't have cooldown recovery in your belt and seemingly anywhere else for the skeletons so they are not looping. Thus you are not leeching 100% of the time and the immense amount of self-poison after fight kills you instead of healing you. You could technically survive if you kept casting Rite until F.Taste and your poisons are gone (disable taste by just picking it up from your belt) but that's just not worth the trouble every time there's no enemies. Get the attribute plug from elsewhere (Primal Spirit node next to ranger start is a good bet, take the points from the topmost poison wheel because that is a very finishing touch, put the two/three extras into life/life+es nodes) and bench craft 12% cooldown recovery rate onto your belt

Thanks to reply sir. Finally, I managed level up 93 to 94 without died(setting is changed, but It's probably what u checked). Acutally, I still don't know why I just died before(It was almost same, even then I used recovery belt what u said). What I did is just use more currency and change play style(very care for using my main skill when there is no enemy).
So, All good now? Yes, and No.

I'm still wondering something.
First, everyone play this build just refraining from using main skill like me?
It's obvious, the amount of healing can't help me to stay alive when using forbidden rite while stand alone.
Or my chaos res is just too high(53)? but low chaos res can just die by one-shot. I found even 'the golden rule' cannot help when my chaos res is too low. because the poison stack gone too fast. It's very unstable reaching 85% res with low res. Is there way to help spamming forbidden rite carelessly?

Second, while I farming map, somehow my remaining skeletons to 4, Is this problem?
And another, Why don't we using 3-4 skeletons by leveling up gem(I know this means high lv cwdt and need more damage, but there are ways by gear or something)and getting more armours or phys reduction
Editado por útlima vez por steelskinever en 2 nov. 2023 9:01:36
"
steelskinever escribió:

I'm still wondering something.
It's obvious, the amount of healing can't help me to stay alive when using forbidden rite while stand alone.
Or my chaos res is just too high(53)? but low chaos res can just die by one-shot. I found even 'the golden rule' cannot help when my chaos res is too low. because the poison stack gone too fast. It's very unstable reaching 85% res with low res. Is there way to help spamming forbidden rite carelessly?

Second, while I farming map, somehow my remaining skeletons to 4, Is this problem?
And another, Why don't we using 3-4 skeletons by leveling up gem(I know this means high lv cwdt and need more damage, but there are ways by gear or something)and getting more armours or phys reduction

As far as I can tell, chaos resistance can't help with dying to casting alone. Lowering increases passive heals but also increases the damage taken from cast. Increasing makes starting the loop more unreliable (at 80% you need 1-3 casts to start, depending on how much damage you have stored in the trigger before door for example) and increasing res also does not decrease the life loss from Sacrifice support or the chaos mastery +1 gem level and 10% life loss on cast, thus seemingly only making it harder to survive reliably.
I personally feel quite comfortable with 39% resting chaos res and 2.6 cast rate with focus (2.19 without, 3.16 with silver+added effect/inc eva replacing stibnite). Can survive four casts with no enemies because forbidden taste procs from cast and heals you full+over time. Running amethyst for 85% full time res was horrible.

From my experience, best way to allow more careless spamming is swapping out the sacrifice support for ????, and the +1 gem level mastery to 10% more against enemies with ES for example. But these surely decreases DPS a LOT and isn't really worth it. If you're really determined about wanting to spam you could just keep Sacrifice in your inventory, run added chaos(?) for mapping and then swap sac in for healthy bosses. Haven't killed real bosses with the 10%ES mastery instead of +1 gem, but i haven't noticed a big difference in map grinding for maven witnesses.

Again, I'm not an expert on any of this, this is my first 'real endgame' build I've played, I might make wrong assumptions but this seems right to me. I have no idea what you're saying about sometimes having 4 skeletons, never seen that. (Do you maybe not have Lockstep mode enabled in Settings>Game>Networking mode??) But I do have a theory we could have a lot more survivability with increased phys hit pools (Progenesis?(does not cause damage over time, instead life loss over time, so not as powerful as it seems) Taste of Hate? armour and phys DR can be overwhelmed so they're not that reliable) and running two heartbound loops for example) but that's just a thought in my head and i don't have the energy to run the math for it.
Editado por útlima vez por beegee0 en 3 nov. 2023 5:47:40
"

You should only cast Forbidden Rite once to start the loop, and then use it to DPS enemies. The only possible reason to cast it with no enemies nearby is to cause a longer self-leech, in order to make it easier to go through area transitions. I like to cast it once before I go through a door, and hold it down so I cast it once when I load in, restarting the loop.

Beyond that extremely specific case, I cannot stress enough that there is absolutely no reason to be standing still and killing yourself. That's a waste of good "moving and looting" time. Also, it's hazardous to your health.

When writing this guide, I did not anticipate that so many people would want to circumvent the "adaptive defenses" (healing from low chaos resist with no enemies nearby, then with high chaos resist and high poisons with enemies nearby, using the Golden Rule) in favor of standing still and killing yourself for no reason. The build does not support this behavior. AFAIK, there is no amount of Chaos Resistance that will allow you to sustain casting Forbidden Rite, when the only source of healing, RF and the boots, relies on having low Chaos Resistance.
Great Build!
Is it still possible to unlock the “damage taken leeched as life” bench craft? On the wiki it says it’s a legacy crafting mod, meaning that you would have to use a Cinderswalllow Urn rather than a ruby flask?

I tried to pass the second maze 10 times. After izarro death in the treasure room, I kill myself.
How do I turn off the build after visiting the boss and not die? or how to quickly turn the build back on

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional