[3.24] 41 million DPS perma-flask Poisonous Concoction | Pathfinder

I may actually try the new gem. Depends on how the gem scales up.
6 charges consumed is a lot, but 30% base recovery scaling at level 1 is kinda nuts.
"
RedEyedSkink escribió:
I'm confused why you think the new transfig gem is bad. It looks like it should do a lot more dmg with a single bottle, it should also bounce in order to do more damage, and with our poison prolif, we can clear packs easily.

I may be wrong, but as it reduces our attacks to a single throw, we don't get the shotgun effect of overlapping AoE. The whole build is structured around that one effect. The spread with the new gem would be random. What happens on a single target i.e a boss where chaining doesn't work? Also, we seem to lose the on hit Withered effect (which is possibly more important than ever with the new LMB change).

There are a few unanswered questions for me. I'll try it for sure, but I suspect it's a downgrade in damage and function from the normal gem. I will be (very) happy to be wrong though, and it would be great of someone found a hidden synergy.

P.S. there may be a version that drops GMP and/or GV and replaces them with damage gems. I doubt it would recover the lost damage from the extra projectiles, but it could be interesting to play with.

P.P.S Palsteron's video here gives some more possible information. He doesn't mention it directly, but because the new gem offers a much bigger initial poison hit, it's possible pairing it with the Poisons you inflict on non-poisoned enemies deal 300% increased Damage from Poison Mastery could yield some good results during leveling (and maybe even at endgame).
Editado por útlima vez por t0lkien en 24 mar. 2024 1:13:00
"
t0lkien escribió:
"
RedEyedSkink escribió:
I'm confused why you think the new transfig gem is bad. It looks like it should do a lot more dmg with a single bottle, it should also bounce in order to do more damage, and with our poison prolif, we can clear packs easily.

I may be wrong, but as it reduces our attacks to a single throw, we don't get the shotgun effect of overlapping AoE. The whole build is structured around that one effect. The spread with the new gem would be random. What happens on a single target i.e a boss where chaining doesn't work? Also, we seem to lose the on hit Withered effect (which is possibly more important than ever with the new LMB change).

There are a few unanswered questions for me. I'll try it for sure, but I suspect it's a downgrade in damage and function from the normal gem. I will be (very) happy to be wrong though, and it would be great of someone found a hidden synergy.

P.S. there may be a version that drops GMP and/or GV and replaces them with damage gems. I doubt it would recover the lost damage from the extra projectiles, but it could be interesting to play with.

Thank you for your response! I guess we will just have to see what happens. The video showed quite a bit of overlapping from the chain so we will just have to cross our fingers and hope!
the new gem makes me want to play again so bad, but i got spoiled with the marionettes last league and having to aim anything but a traversal skill feels tedious now q.q

any way to get PC to have a cooldown, so we can use automation on it?
"
dragomob escribió:
the new gem makes me want to play again so bad

I honestly don't think it's going to be that good, especially now they've nerfed it before we even get to play it. I can't see how it will do anything more than the standard gem does, and likely much less.

"
dragomob escribió:

None (AFAIK)... It could be really interesting if there was, though!
Editado por útlima vez por t0lkien en 27 mar. 2024 9:00:10
"
t0lkien escribió:
"
dragomob escribió:
the new gem makes me want to play again so bad

I honestly don't think it's going to be that good, especially now they've nerfed it before we even get to play it. I can't see how it will do anything more than the standard gem does, and likely much less.

"
dragomob escribió:

None (AFAIK)... It could be really interesting if there was, though!

I just took a look at what the new gem provides, are you sure it wouldn't be league start viable? Yeah the gem did lose 15% added damage from life flasks from what we saw beforehand but it does the same amount of damage as base gem but still with 4% more added damage from your life flask and also still has inherent wither chance.

With the gem's base stats (+2 chains), additional proj from tree, greater volley and dying sun that would give 10 chains and from what we've seen video-wise it on average would land 8-9 of those chains (would require actual play testing).

Also unless i'm reading it wrong it doesn't consume anywhere near as many life flasks charges because it's only 1 projectile, just that it's chaining so flask sustain would also be a breeze. The 300% poison mastery should also work thanks to this since it should be a harder hitting poison.

Am i just not calculating it right or missing something? Honestly i'm just hoping for it to be league start viable because i love the look of this gem.
Editado por útlima vez por madman1506 en 27 mar. 2024 20:58:25
Some of the things you mention aren't really league start, though. You won't be seeing a Dying Sun until well after you reach maps at least. The only gem we'll get access to for a while is going to be the standard version.

Also, as a Dying Sun is only sustainable while you're mapping, I've never liked it. With the new gem it has much more promise due to the set mana cost though. I think stacking projectiles combined with Slower Projectiles (to help tighten the grouping of them) could be really interesting.

I'm personally not convinced. But depending upon the cost and availability of the gem, I'll be loading it up as soon as I can to see what it does or does not do! I'd love for there to be a hidden synergy that makes it great. Please find one!

Having said that, I want to say that GGG suck for the pre-league nerf. Their consistent give-then-take approach to the game just motivates me not to discuss anything publicly (or buy MTX, because I'm pissed).
Editado por útlima vez por t0lkien en 27 mar. 2024 22:51:44
"
t0lkien escribió:
Some of the things you mention aren't really league start, though. You won't be seeing a Dying Sun until well after you reach maps at least. The only gem we'll get access to for a while is going to be the standard version.

Also, as a Dying Sun is only sustainable while you're mapping, I've never liked it. With the new gem it has much more promise due to the set mana cost though. I think stacking projectiles combined with Slower Projectiles (to help tighten the grouping of them) could be really interesting.

I'm personally not convinced. But depending upon the cost and availability of the gem, I'll be loading it up as soon as I can to see what it does or does not do! I'd love for there to be a hidden synergy that makes it great. Please find one!

Having said that, I want to say that GGG suck for the pre-league nerf. Their consistent give-then-take approach to the game just motivates me not to discuss anything publicly (or buy MTX, because I'm pissed).

Well i hope it will be viable as a build, even if it's not a league starter, i'll probably go ice shot or explosive trap or something to league start this time but i'll keep an eye on this thread to see if there's a way this thing is viable as a mapper or boss killer.
alright lay it on me, are we playing this this league or no? I've always wanted to try a concoction build but im being slightly discouraged by the reports of this patch ruining it or at least kneecapping it.

let me know
"
Caerulius escribió:
alright lay it on me, are we playing this this league or no? I've always wanted to try a concoction build but im being slightly discouraged by the reports of this patch ruining it or at least kneecapping it.

let me know

I'm not playing the build as league start, because there's another bow build I want to try. The problem with this build, though, is that it feels so good and is so good at almost everything that I always come back to it.

There are no changes this season that majorly impact it. If you're interested in trying it, this is as good a league as any. I may be back into it a bit later as well.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional